Gustave Dore Bible Tarot

cardlady22

Thank you for the heads-up, baba-prague!

baba-prague

Thank you for the heads-up, baba-prague!

There is actually a very simple way to tell the pirated bootleg from the real thing. The bootlegs (apart from poor printing and very cheap card stock) did not use real gold (as in shiny gold) ink on the backs - they were just printed in a goldish colour ink. So as long as your card backs are shiny gold (hold them up to the light and see if the ink is metallic gold), then you have a genuine deck. If they are just gold-coloured ink and don't shine - sadly you have one of the fakes that this despicable company issued.

Any of our decks from Pryahi (in Moscow) are genuine and licensed. Pryahi is a normal, professional company run by a woman, Halina, who we know well (and who has been a member here on AT for years). She has a deep knowledge of tarot and magic and is very well-published and well-respected in Russia. We very much enjoy working with her and her partner.

Any of our decks from Pyro (in Kiev in the Ukraine) are cheap fakes that are illegally breaking copyright law and are NOT licensed or authorised in any way.

Catmoon

No, you are a Ukrainian company that breaks copyright laws and illegally steals, prints and sells other people's work.

People are right to be suspicious. You break the law and you are criminals.

You stole our work. You came to our studio and smiled nicely and told us lies and said you wanted a Victorian Romantic deck for a dear friend. You took advantage of our kindness and we let you have a deck.

You then took the deck, copied it and made horrible, cheap bootlegs - we have one of them that was sent to us by one of the people you cheated. You defrauded buyers by telling them that it was the real thing. Your behaviour is really disgusting and I am surprised you have the nerve to come on to this forum. Then again, I am surprised you had the nerve to walk into our studio and lie to our faces.

Taken off my wish list, glad you cleared this up, I had no idea, couldn't coop with such situation!!!!!

Laura Borealis

:bugeyed: Thank you for the warning, baba-prague!

Stormdancer

Bummer. I bought the Dore deck a year or so ago from Pyro Skin A I.

baba-prague

Bummer. I have one of these.

I'm really sorry. This is what people don't realise about bootlegging. It damages the designers and producers and it also hurts the customers.

Minotauro

hmmm... then I do wonder , could this deck be from another author? could there be somewhere in the world another deck like this?

and if there isnt one someone should make it as the ilustrations by gustave dore are copyright free now right? , and perhaps do something less biblical hahaha

Stormdancer

If it's pirated, then the REAL one must exist, right? Or am I just exceptionally dense?

baba-prague

hmmm... then I do wonder , could this deck be from another author? could there be somewhere in the world another deck like this?

and if there isnt one someone should make it as the ilustrations by gustave dore are copyright free now right? , and perhaps do something less biblical hahaha

I'm talking about the fact that Pyro stole and bootlegged our Victorian Romantic Tarot. I just wanted to warn people of the dangers of buying anything from an organisation that are involved in breaking the law and cheating customers. I am not commenting on the Dore tarot because I know nothing about it.