Nisaba's Timing Method

QueenPen

I've shared this timing method a few times, but always inside other threads, so that it's more difficult to find on a search. This should make finding it easier.

I have a deck that I only use for timings, with unillustrated pips and with Majors I don't care much for. You are never going to actually READ with this deck, so it's better if it is a deck that lacks meaning for you. During the main reading, if there's an issue that I want a timing on, I shut my eyes briefly, and if I don't hear my voice coming out with a time-interval, I'll hand the querent the timing deck, get them to shuffle it briefly, then cut it at the point where the deck wants to separate (rarely the middle). I'll then look at that card.

I'll start with the Minors:-

1) The time intervals are predicated on the speed of the suits.

Coins, as Earth, is slowest-moving, so represents YEARS.

Cups, as Water, is second slowest, a little faster, so it is MONTHS.

Swords as Air, is faster still, so it is WEEKS.

Wands, as Fire, is fastest and most energetic of all, so it is DAYS.

Aces through to tens are that time-interval multiplied by the face-value (ie, the Two Coins would be two years, the Six Wands would be six days).

Pages are eleven of the time-unit, Knights twelve, Queens thirteen, and Kings fourteen. This already provides the deck with a bit of overlap. (If I was using an ordinary playing deck instead of a Tarot deck, I would make Jacks eleven, Queens twelve and Kings thirteen).

Drawing a Major tells you this, and I usually say exactly this to clients: "The Tarot doesn't know how long it will be. It is entirely up to you. This card is about [name the principle issue of the card]; when that has been resolved and dealt with in your life, then and only then will it come to happen. If you want it to happen faster, then work through your issues concerning this card faster".

NOTE WELL!!!

This method DOES NOT WORK if you simply pull a card from the remainder of the deck you've already done the main spread with. It also has a track record of occasional failure if you use a second deck that is accustomed to being used for readings - it will keep trying to tell you stuff instead of just figuring out timings. Keep one deck entirely separate, one you have never read from. I recommend very simple decks - Marseilles-style decks are excellent.

Playing cards are also excellent - far better than Tarot decks you actually like or have used for readings - but be careful about Court Cards: the Jack is 11, the Queen is 12 and the King is 13. The only problem is that if the timing REALLY is completely dependent on your completing other important stuff first: say, for example - you're never going to meet the love of your life or land the perfect job until after you front Court on all our traffic offences or even that old rape charge and get that dealt with, then a deck of playing cards won't be able to tell you that, but a Tarot deck will, by presenting you with - say - the "Justice" card.

In short, playing cards do timing well, but not as well as single-purpose unillustrated Tarot decks that are only used for timings.

Honourable people will keep your secrets whether they like you or not. (Jo)

Oh! I'm so putting this in my journal! AWESOME!!!!

MasterJm

Ι think it could be more accurate to see the card correspondences with the different times of the year, for example Devil Dec.end - Januar (Capricorn), Prince of Wands July end.-August, 2, 3 Cups, Chariot to July (Cancer) etc. What do you think ?

Pique Dame

I came across another timing method via a youtube video (I didn't bookmark it so I'll have to search for it later, i.e. when I'm not at work). I've tried it 3 times and once was exactly accurate, the other 2 remain to be seen. The reader in the video was using regular playing cards but I did it with my RWS deck and it worked. The question being asked in the video was "Will I get married within the next X years?" or something similar. The reader first chose a significator card for the querent, shuffled the deck, then pulled the first 20 cards. If the significator appeared among them, the answer was 'Yes.' (Usually, the position the significator fell among those 20 cards is indicative of how soon within that time frame it will happen.) For a more in-depth reading, you can reshuffle those 20 cards and lay them out as a kind of "blue print" for that period of time.

Like I said, I did it 3 times and the one reading where the time frame has already lapsed was right on.

nisaba

Ι think it could be more accurate to see the card correspondences with the different times of the year, for example Devil Dec.end - Januar (Capricorn), Prince of Wands July end.-August, 2, 3 Cups, Chariot to July (Cancer) etc. What do you think ?

People have been doing that for years, and discussing it in other threads.

This thread is for discussing this particular method, which I came up with myself and have tested throughout the decades. You might like to read the whole thread to see the opinions of people other than me about its workability.

Thank you for your interest.

Inana

I like this method a lot, Nisaba.
I use a similar one which probably I came up with after reading several posts on timming here at the Aeclectic forums, but I use my regular reading deck for that. I like the idea of using a different deck and how you use of the Majors to point issues that can be timed at the moment. I will give this a try soon! ;)

nisaba

I came across another timing method via a youtube video (I didn't bookmark it so I'll have to search for it later, i.e. when I'm not at work). I've tried it 3 times and once was exactly accurate, the other 2 remain to be seen. The reader in the video was using regular playing cards but I did it with my RWS deck and it worked. The question being asked in the video was "Will I get married within the next X years?" or something similar. The reader first chose a significator card for the querent, shuffled the deck, then pulled the first 20 cards. If the significator appeared among them, the answer was 'Yes.' (Usually, the position the significator fell among those 20 cards is indicative of how soon within that time frame it will happen.) For a more in-depth reading, you can reshuffle those 20 cards and lay them out as a kind of "blue print" for that period of time.

Like I said, I did it 3 times and the one reading where the time frame has already lapsed was right on.

That';s not really discussing this method, though, is it. The beauty of this method is its simplicity and speed, and a number of posters in this thread like its accuracy. I'm not saying other methods aren't accurate, just that this one is.

gregory

Yes indeed. If you have another method, please start another thread. This one has - until a couple of days ago - been admirably on topic. See the title... I have found it very useful on occasion. I'd rather it stuck to discussion of THIS method.

LittleOne

This is a bit of a random query, not sure if it has already been covered off a bit earlier. When I practice timing I get a little bit cerebral and think, for example, what is the significance of swords over cups... in one instance I drew eight of swords (eight weeks), but why not two of cups (two months)? I know this is only applicable in a few instances but it still makes me think?