Crystal Collection for a Budding Enthusiast

Padma

and by the way - you may want to consider black star diopside, that is an awesome stone of logic as well as to balance the emotions and remain grounded. It is very beautiful, being a rich and lustrous black, with a white cross/x shape floating in it.

"Diopside is a stone that is green to black-green to black. It is a very creative stone and can bring creativity to the bearer. It can also help with analysis and logic as an assistant to learning. It is also said to be related to love, commitment, and the inner heart. It is traditionally said to be helpful for healing trauma, partly by bringing cleansing tears. Sometimes it’s even called the "crying stone" because of this. It can help get in touch with the feminine side, which can help heal aggression and stubbornness. Physically it has been used for the heart, lungs, circulation, weakness, kidneys, muscle aches and spasms, and psychological disorders. Diopside is associated with the heart, third eye and root (base) chakras. Black Star Diopside is associated more with the root chakra than other colours of Diopside, and brings more energies of calming stress and anxiety. Diopside is also used for calming pets at times."

quoted from http://www.gemstones.net.au/Metaphysical/StonesD.aspx

ETA I posted a link that timed out, so I have replaced the link with info and new link!

celticnoodle

Thanks for this information! I would surely keep this in mind when I make a moldavite purchase. Pietersite is a good pair option, a solar plexus/third eye chakra stone that can ground you without acting as too much of a damper on the moldavite's potency. I guess though that in order for it to be a good grounding stone it has to be reddish?
hmmm...mine isn't. I've never heard that either.

Speaking of pietersite, I have a bracelet that is predominantly blue and red, and it is a thing of absolute beauty. I really can't help looking at it again and again, it just looks so marvelous. And the swirls - it's like a gaseous planet shrunk to the size of a vividly-colored stone. As a stone of truth, it will be powerful in divinatory rituals. As the stone of storms, it appeals to a natural phenomenon I cannot say I am completely averse to.

Just a question though, is super seven naturally that pricey? I have been shown a bracelet that is not too vivid, but which does look like a pale super seven. Its seller is reputable and swears as tonits authenticity, but the piece is not terribly expensive (about two thirds of the price of a fine iolite bracelet). I guess it might be an average/slightly below average super seven? I have heard that it is incredibly hard to fake.

I didn't spend a lot on it, I know. I can't recall how much I did spend though. Both of mine came from a lady here on A.T. and they are a good size each of them. I absolutely love them. I've gotten other crystals from her too and all of them come with good energy. However I can't recall what I payed. I never spend a lot of money on things like that though, so I'd guess under $30.00 for the pair.

EmpyreanKnight

Whoa Padma, thanks for the wealth of info. The Crystal Vaults website has been one of my go-to when I research on the stones I purchased, and yes it's very much recommended. I guess I have to start exploring the Crystal Study Group threads though. :)

And I've got a whole load of crystals I am writing on my wishlist. I am focusing on the Herkimer Diamond Selenite wand, Almandine Garnet, Star Sapphire, and the intriguing Black Star Diopside first. Gonna read on them first though. Thanks a whole lot!

EmpyreanKnight

hmmm...mine isn't. I've never heard that either.

Ah, it's just because I've read that if you want to get the most effective grounding kind for a particular stone available in a variety of colors, you should get either the red, black or brown varieties, i.e. those that correspond to the base chakra. But I guess since it works very well for you, even the normal yellow/brown pietersite would be effective.

I didn't spend a lot on it, I know. I can't recall how much I did spend though. Both of mine came from a lady here on A.T. and they are a good size each of them. I absolutely love them. I've gotten other crystals from her too and all of them come with good energy. However I can't recall what I payed. I never spend a lot of money on things like that though, so I'd guess under $30.00 for the pair.

Thanks for this! Hmmmm that super seven bracelet does seem a tad underpriced. I guess I have to do more due diligence, although it looks so nice.

EmpyreanKnight

Added quite a bunch to my collection since last month:

Bracelets:

* Gem grade Uruguayan Amethyst
* Almandine Garnet
* Prehnite with Epidotes 3 pairs
* Amethyst pair (another one)
* Golden Sheen Obsidian pair
Tourmalinated Quartz pair
Green Aventurine (another piece)
Haematite
Fire Agate

Necklace:

Smoky Quartz stones

Pendant:

Gem grade Rose Quartz

Stones:

* Brookite
* Almandine Garnet

I guess it's pretty obvious: although I love and cherish all my crystals, I'm in a Prehnite phase right now. They are absolutely lovely, have a warm, serene, and surprisingly protective feel, and are not overtly feminine (since most of the stones are filled with epidotes) so I can wear them outside without being off. I always wear them when I am studying the Tarot and I feel more receptive to the texts. My thinking is so much clearer and I learn more quickly. I guess that being the Stone of Prophecy, it makes the mind more responsive to divination studies and rituals. I also use it in my readings whenever it seems appropriate, alternating them with other higher chakra stones.

So many stones still in my wish list, but all in due time. :) It seems like whenever I cross one out from the list, like cutting a head from a mythological hydra, two takes it place.

blue_fusion

Hiya! Do you get your stones locally (and where)? :)

Michellehihi

I was going to mention moldavite and super seven, but you already have them on your list. My moldavite is just a small sliver of a crystal, but so powerful! So, be careful when you pick yours out. Hold it in your hand and see how it makes you feel. Then, also purchase another crystal to go with it to help 'tame' it.

When I first got my moldavite, I didn't really know a lot about it. I just saw it in the store and thought it was beautiful, especially as 'green' is my favorite color. The moldavite I own was made into a necklace with silver wire wrapped around the crystal. I began to wear it almost immediately and also 'almost' immediately, began to have severe headaches that were very debilitating. Massive migraines plagued me for days.

I mentioned this to the store owner, (as I worked there where I purchased this crystal)-and she explained the possible issue, recommended a grounding stone, such as pietersite. I purchased the pietersite and also began to leave the moldavite necklace outside of my bedroom at night as I slept, in another room. Viola! the headaches/migraines ceased. I had to build up to its power. Never had a crystal affect me so like moldavite. So do your research for crystals that are good to pair with it, and keep you grounded when you are using it.

The super seven I received came from a sweet lady here on A.T. who sold it to me. She had it in her collection for a number of years, and Ihave to say just holding it gives me a feeling of peace inside. I actually have two pieces that fits nicely in my hand, so I like to hold one in each hand when I meditate. It just feels like a stone that envelopes you in peace. Very loving and gentle, but also very powerful. I love it as it also never requires a cleansing and it is also good to cleanse and energize other crystals kept near it.
celticnoodle, I have a small correction to make: moldavite is not a crystal, it does not have a crystalline structure. It is the solidification of fusion rocks that were hit by a meteorite. Therefore it has the structure of glass.

Aster Breo

Just a word of warning about moldavite: There is a LOT of fake moldavite out there. Before you buy, do your research and understand how to identify the fake material. And only buy from reputable sources. I know many people who have gotten scammed with moldavite (and other stones, too).

EmpyreanKnight

Hiya! Do you get your stones locally (and where)? :)

Hey blue_fusion! All the crystals I bought were sourced locally. Since these shops mostly operate here in the Philippines and may not be of any help to most readers who chanced upon this thread, I though it would be more appropriate if I send you a detailed PM instead.

I hope you find my tips useful. :)

yannie

Hey blue_fusion! All the crystals I bought were sourced locally. Since these shops mostly operate here in the Philippines and may not be of any help to most readers who chanced upon this thread, I though it would be more appropriate if I send you a detailed PM instead.

I hope you find my tips useful. :)

Dude, if/when I visit the Philippines I so would love to go crystal shopping there. I like comparing between countries - eg I've been to crystal shops in HK. They should be easy to find in any of the malls in Manila I hope?