The Cheimonette Tarot

Altena

Is there a Kickstarter campain for this already?

Not yet :) According to the first post the Kickstarter should be launched in September and she will let us know when it happens.

cheimonette

Thank you so much, everybody! Yes, I am planning to launch my Kickstarter campaign mid-September. I have so much to do before then! Your support and interest really means a lot- I've always done my art privately, and have never attempted to put my work out in the world before. It's pretty scary, sometimes.

I'm glad so many of you like my swords cards. My images also look a lot better now because I had a crash course in professional image processing from a very talented friend, and I am slowly working through all 78 images.

To answer ravenest's question about the 5th card (the ten of swords, I think?), I don't really know where I get my ideas. It's always just the image I see when I think of the concept behind the ten of swords. Total death and destruction, but also the gentle sorrow of memory and veneration. Like the grieving for a loved one, except the loved one is yourself. It is a ruined world in which the kings have died, but a world where the king is the only one left. It really does suggest the possibility of another world (like an afterlife or a legacy) to which the people have fled to begin a new existence after the destruction of their city. The trees, which have slowly been crumbling and replacing the city buildings throughout this suit, may be antagonistic to human life, but they do represent the eventual reclamation of wilderness over all of human civilization, the inexorable dominion of natural laws.

Here are a few more, this time from the suit of staves (the three, nine, and ten of staves)

Attachments

• W3.jpg
    W3.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 188
  • W9.jpg
    W9.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 195
  • W10.jpg
    W10.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 169

ravenest

To answer ravenest's question about the 5th card (the ten of swords, I think?), I don't really know where I get my ideas. It's always just the image I see when I think of the concept behind the ten of swords. Total death and destruction, but also the gentle sorrow of memory and veneration. Like the grieving for a loved one, except the loved one is yourself. It is a ruined world in which the kings have died, but a world where the king is the only one left. It really does suggest the possibility of another world (like an afterlife or a legacy) to which the people have fled to begin a new existence after the destruction of their city. The trees, which have slowly been crumbling and replacing the city buildings throughout this suit, may be antagonistic to human life, but they do represent the eventual reclamation of wilderness over all of human civilization, the inexorable dominion of natural laws.
Thankyou. So much of what you just wrote is relevant to me (I have just returned from a visit staying with Indigenous friends at one of their Sacred Sites ... at this stage (as it usually does) I am finding very hard to relate to this world after being in that one.

Stories of giant goanna fighting with giant snake and seeing their bodies making landscape and sites; lost diamond python / rainbow serpent man looking for country ... rainbow serpent clever man ... my rainbow serpent totem ... diamond python ... the spiritual centre of this land and in fire
... then ...

Here are a few more, this time from the suit of staves (the three, nine, and ten of staves)

There is diamond python / rainbow serpent ; Yumbah Yalladhura (rainbow serpent dreaming in two countries - !!! ) and now in the world of fire ... Simbi la Flambeau (my Vodoo 'totem' or Loa)

Wherever you get your ideas ... you are tuned in. I see what you mean more clearly about "educated free- association."

Obviously for me this deck is a must have (and I only have thought that about 1 other deck).

Booglebear (Bundjalung - Thankyou ... it is good / I feel good ... I appreciate it ... )

cheimonette

Thank you, ravenest! That is certainly a high compliment.

Currently I am at the Bay Area Tarot Symposium and am too shy to talk to anybody. But I am learning a lot!

I don't think I am a person designed for self-promotion at a conference. Thank god for this forum! :)

cheimonette

Well, I am off to Burning Man to run the art project I've been working on for the last few months! I'll leave everyone with a few images I was thinking of using for the cover image for my Kickstarter. I recently made up a six-card wheel-type spread, and I thought I'd use my most popular cards for it. Any opinions? Here are 8 cards I picked (I think I've posted some of these before, but here they are again): help me decide between them? Or maybe I should only use one image for the cover.

Obviously I am open to suggestions. : P

Attachments

• C6.jpg
    C6.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 166
  • D4.jpg
    D4.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 174
  • S3.jpg
    S3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Sq.jpg
    Sq.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Cq.jpg
    Cq.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 165

cheimonette

Oops, here's the rest! Didn't remember that I can only upload five at a time.

Also, the cards are (in descending order):
The Six of Cups
The Four of Disks
The Three of Swords
The Queen of Swords
The Queen of Cups
X - The Wheel
XX - The Angel
The Three of Staves

I just noticed that I have a preponderance of women in these cards. Maybe I should find more cards with the guys in them, so it doesn't seem like an all-lady deck (which it isn't).

Attachments

• T10.jpg
    T10.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 164
  • T20.jpg
    T20.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 181
  • W3.jpg
    W3.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 124

daphne

Wow, your Queen of Swards is amazing!!!!!!!! I would use this for the cover.

One of the most powerful depictions of this queen.

ravenest

I would go for the wheel. yes Q of S is good, also I like the idea of the two women looking either way, one dark and one light ... together.

But the wheel (in most cards) seems a balanced holistic symbol (as does yours), in a way, complete in itself and for that reason I think it makes a good cover ... it seems to suggest balance and completeness of the project ... a finished package - IMO.

Have fun at Burning Man (some Burning Man people in Australia put the first BM gathering in Australia on at our place ... but that's another story).

There is another side to this C. As you know I DO like your cards ... but I find your writings on them and your views of what you want to achieve in the deck equally interesting - there should be a book written by you on your deck - eventually.

cheimonette

Yes- I am writing a book to go with the cards. There will be a booklet, and there may be an actual full-length book with full color images, too (I'm trying to figure out how I might integrate that into my Kickstarter)

Thank you Daphne, and ravenest! I'll post again in a few weeks. I want to start my campaign around September 15- so soon!