Jumping cards :(

Fallen Angel

Hey there,

Was wondering if you can shed some light on my jumping cards...they wont shuffle normally :S

I know that sounds weird, but as of yesterday they have been jumping out when I shuffle like crazy.

I`ll try sum it up - When I did a spirit spread to find out who my guide was she chose Justice, so now I refer to her as this and things have been good. Last night I wanted to do one card to clarify a situ and asked for her help. I was shuffling for ages, just didnt want to stop...very weird. Then Justice jumped out of my pack (no lie, I swear) so I laughed and put it back in. Kept shuffling, same situ, I just didnt have the need to stop. 5 cards fell out, I looked at them but stuck them back in and shuffled (5 of cups/maybe like 2 pentacles cards/2 of wands and sumthin else...I know I should have noted them). Well then I just stopped shuffling cos it was gettin stupid, I turned the 1st card and it was Ace Of Pentacles. I shuffled again and this time 2 cards came out "stuck" together, 2 of Wands and Ace of Pentacles.

I was reading for someone else and these really didnt apply to the reading, but I included them anyway.

This morning I tried speak to my spirit guide, asked for one card to describe themselves as I feel it wasnt "Justice", you know what I got...Ace of Pentacles...what does that say?
I asked a few more questions, 2nd card I got 2 or Wands again..Im just shocked after shuffling I can get the same cards out of 78!! After asking a few more questions I wrote down the cards.

Now when I shuffle nearly everycard I stop on (the base card after shuffleing of the base card on a split) is a card I drew when trying to communicate with the spirit...any ideas on how I can stop this, of is it really just a coincidence? Should I just cleanse the cards maybe? Or continue with the deck as it is?

Thanks,

Fallen Angel

blackstormhawk

My opinion: Pay attention to the 'jumpers'. Often there are things that spirit needs to tell you, or the person you are reading for, that you (or they) don't know to ask about.

Rachey

I agree

I don't think you need to cleanse the deck and I don't believe it a coincidence, when i get jumpers they are there for an important reason and if I don't pay attention to them the same cards will appear till I understand it and take note. When I get the same cards again I know it's a sign I have the answer and to stop asking about that topic and focus on the cards that have come up already.

floracove

yep, I agree with both those above, a jumping card always has something to say, and wants the attention, especially if its the same card over and over.
Maybe, keep that card out, and ask for clarification for it...

Papageno

years ago an acquaintence, to whom I introduced tarot, called me up one night and exclaimed; *I was trying to do a reading and the Tower card flipped out of my hand while I was shuffling. I didn't get much out of the reading but later the bookshelves on my wall collapsed :bugeyed:*

:laugh:

Original Destiny

Yep agreement here! Usually I regard jumpers as cards needing to be read individually...not in combination with others...but sometimes I have used them as significators in a reading by placing them outside of the spread using them as a template for that reading

faunabay

trismegistus said:
years ago an acquaintence, to whom I introduced tarot, called me up one night and exclaimed; *I was trying to do a reading and the Tower card flipped out of my hand while I was shuffling. I didn't get much out of the reading but later the bookshelves on my wall collapsed :bugeyed:*

:laugh:

ROFL :D I love that story!!

I always take a "jumper" as the card I really ought to pay attention to.
But this thread made me realize I don't quite know what to do when more than one card "jumps". Do you just take the top card or pay attention to all the cards that jump out? I've had times where five or more will "jump"???? And I'm never quite sure how to handle this. In the past I've just put them back in the deck and gone on like it hadn't happened, but that never seems to be exactly the right thing to do. (shrug)

Indigo Rose

Fallen Angel said:
....Now when I shuffle nearly everycard I stop on (the base card after shuffleing of the base card on a split) is a card I drew when trying to communicate with the spirit...any ideas on how I can stop this, of is it really just a coincidence? Should I just cleanse the cards maybe? Or continue with the deck as it is?

Personally I pay attention to jumpers, as I feel they are an emphasis on something important. I try to discern the message and take it to heart. I don't believe the deck has any powers or energies; rather the Spirit gives the messages and we receive. The power is in the relationship between the Spirit and one's self; in my opinion.

:heart:

Fallen Angel

faunabay said:
ROFL :D I love that story!!

I always take a "jumper" as the card I really ought to pay attention to.
But this thread made me realize I don't quite know what to do when more than one card "jumps". Do you just take the top card or pay attention to all the cards that jump out? I've had times where five or more will "jump"???? And I'm never quite sure how to handle this. In the past I've just put them back in the deck and gone on like it hadn't happened, but that never seems to be exactly the right thing to do. (shrug)

Thanks all ;)

I would usually take note of one card for sure, but Im the same as Faunabay, what happens when there are a group of cards? I did just put them back in but it was like completely confirmed when 2 the same fell out again. So maybe just make note of them then add to the deck? Or keep out? Suppose its personal preference?

Interestingly enough I did another spread with a different deck and 4 of Pentacles popped out again, this was appearing in the last deck...ha ha..maybe Im hoarding my money...lol

I always say to my boyfriend whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine too...lol...I should address my hoarding ways ;)

Yora

;) ahah! yes read the advice you gave to me for it!