Tarot of the Sidhe is Complete!

Major Tom

Congratulations Em!

Painting a complete tarot deck is a major accomplishment. Well done. :)

WolfSpirit

Wow Em, you have been quite a busy bee :) Congratulations !
I am very happy with my majors deck and I am looking forward to having the full deck in my hands.

I think it is a great idea to start a study group and use (some of) the ideas for your book. But for now am looking forward to the deck :)

AngelC

When I first saw your deck I just knew I had to have it and prepared myself for a long wait :D - but wow, you've finished in record time and now I'm just hoping my budget will allow for this because this is still a must have to me.

I'm impressed and very eager to put my hands on one.

AngelC

Netzach

Many congratulations! What an achievement - and what a stunning deck. I feel very privileged to have seen some of it "in the flesh" at our tea and tarot meeting.

winnie

Congratulations! A whole 78 cards all beautifully painted. I can't even imagine how good that must feel.

I wish you every success with it when it's published.

Scion

:D Nothing feels better than finishing a big project! Many, many congrats, Em...

Sidhe-Ra

Wow! I'm overwhelmed by all these lovely comments!

Thank you so much Arania, LixiPixi, Tink, Major Tom, Wolfspirit, Angel C, netzach, Winnie, and Scion!

I do hope the deck will be ready soon, but at the moment I am waiting for my publisher to get in touch with a written agreement or contract of some kind, so I can send the files off to him. After that, provided all is well, it won't be too long. The samples have been fabulous! Proper coated opaque cardstock!

If for any reason that falls through, I will produce a handmade edition while a look for a mainstream publisher, but unfortunately that would work out more expensive than I would like. Let's hope all is well!

Many, many Blessings to all,

Em xxx

Cavan

Congratulations! I actually came across your cards via I assume your publisher to be... It looks like an excellent way to get a short run print of good quality... You must be itching to have a full set of your cards though for yourself at least!! :)

I myself am only half way through the 'design' phase of my deck and have a huge way to go but at least I have examples like yourself to show it can be done!

Cavan

baba-prague

Sidhe-Ra said:
It will be my first book- I'm much more used to lyric-writing!

Well, you could always put in a lyric or two. I'm serious - Tolkien had songs in all his books and it's something I love. Well - just a thought :)

Sidhe-Ra

Cavan said:
Congratulations! I actually came across your cards via I assume your publisher to be... It looks like an excellent way to get a short run print of good quality... You must be itching to have a full set of your cards though for yourself at least!! :)

I myself am only half way through the 'design' phase of my deck and have a huge way to go but at least I have examples like yourself to show it can be done!

Cavan

Hi cavan! thanks for the congratulations- I hope I will be congratulating you on yours, one day! Is it Adam you know, or Derek? Adam published the majors only edition, back in May, which I was thrilled with. he did a lovely job! But he unfortunately can't manage full decks at the moment. Derek is based in the US, (seattle), and should be publishing the complete deck, provided that he wasn't washed away by the recent floods in Washington. I'm hoping the only reason I haven't had replies recently is that he's very busy!

Baba-Prague- what a lovely idea! I am thinking of including some lyrics, just the odd line from my existing work, but maybe some new songs for the Sidhe?

"Sometimes you've got to leap before you fly, sometimes I'd rather hurt than never cry..." already seems to fit the Fool! ( And perhaps it's twin, "Sometimes your heart will tell your soul a lie, sometimes you only fall, and miss the sky" will find a home, too?)

Thanks for that! :)

Many Blessings,

Em x

P.S. I'd love to do a DECENT Tolkien tarot, one day, including all the middle earth material- (the Silmarillion is much neglected, and I'd like to rectify that). It would be lovely to use his songs in that!