Gustave Dore Bible Tarot

photokat

This deck seems to be available now, reasonably priced:

link to pirate website removed.

Carla

This has been on my wishlist for a long time. :)

AJ

don't know if it's my computer or their site
When I click on Cards the majors come up
When I click on cards and try to chose any of the minors the drop down is too far from the cards button so the drop down just disappears when I try to get within clickable range.

Could you link to the minors? Thanks

Red_Ocean

I like this deck. It's been added to my wishlist. Couldn't it have been in color? Oh well. :)

photokat

I like this deck. It's been added to my wishlist. Couldn't it have been in color? Oh well. :)

It's really nice the way they are, sepia toned.

I suppose that they wanted to stay in tune with the original drawings, coloring them would take away the artistic integrity of the originals if these were colored, I'd say.

Le Fanu

mmm. I should like this. But it feels quite heavy-handedly Biblical. And, yes, I know it's called a Biblical Tarot

Was it always called the Gustave Doré Bible Tarot or was it previously just called the Gustave Doré Tarot?

Is it supposed to be a deck for Christians who find traditional tarot imagery a bit too demonic? That's a genuine question. I love Dorés art but I suppose when I kept seeing the name around I thought it would have illustrations from (for example) the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Dante, Paradise Lost, la Fontaine. These ones all seem to be from his illustrations for the bible, which makes me think the creater wanted to create more a specifically Biblical Gustave Doré Tarot rather than just a Gustave Doré Tarot

AJ

Wands (mislabeled Pentacles):

Too funny, surprised that hasn't been struck down from on high.
Thanks for the links.

Way too much bible for me.

Carla

I grew up reading a bible story book that was illustrated with these images. I didn't have a book of fairy tales...I had a bible story book. So this tarot is very attractive and resonant for me.

Le Fanu

Way too much bible for me.
mmm. Odd. I find this tarot deck deeply sinister and yet I don't find Gustave Dorés illustrations at all sinister