Tarot of the Origins? - eBay

Penthasilia

You see them for outrageous amounts online- you know- because they were handled by a voodoo mystic priestess who channeled Aleister Crowley in her free time... :p

They sell them at cost in my local metaphysical shop here in the US.

I think it is all about the market and what people are willing to pay. I did like the art in it- just didn't read that well for me so I sold it off. Most cards really resonated- but there were enough that didn't- especially the Fool. One person's meh is another ones treasure. ;)

Le Fanu

To be honest - and I always like putting my neck on the line with risky presumptions - I can't believe anyone really uses this as their "go to" deck. Some use it and analyse it, like Mi-Shell, but it really is a minority deck in terms of usage I think.

I'd love to hear someone come forward and say "oh I've been using this and this deck only for 10 years!"

*casting down gauntlet*

Nina*

To be honest - and I always like putting my neck on the line with risky presumptions - I can't believe anyone really uses this as their "go to" deck. Some use it and analyse it, like Mi-Shell, but it really is a minority deck in terms of usage I think.

I'd love to hear someone come forward and say "oh I've been using this and this deck only for 10 years!"

*casting down gauntlet*

*sits next to Le Fanu staring at gauntlet*

Xanoxt

*casting down gauntlet*

I am looking for it to use as a "go to" deck, actually. :)
But since it is out of print and unreasonably priced, it is a low priority thing. If they reprint it, or I somehow get my hands on one (and online it is currently priced around $200ish which is waaay out of my price range) and use it for a year or ten, I'll be able to do something about that gauntlet of yours. :>

astronautica

It's not my go-to deck but one that I do find myself returning to quite often. It's a strange deck, but captivating. I find I connect easily to the faces of the characters in the deck. They're so expressive; some playful, some sombre, wise, anguished... It's hard to explain quite how the cards make me feel when I use them, like they tap into something primal, spiritual, ancient. They challenge me, and yet there is also something calming in the cohesion of the cards laid out in a spread, all similarly watery, abstract and monotone. I do love it quite a lot :D

Mi-Shell

*casting down gauntlet*

:)
Well, iffff there was not the Greenwood and my hand painted Ironwing... I just might have this as my No 1 for personal readings.
I utterly enjoyed using it as my "deck of the month" a while ago and writing my personal take on quite a few of its cards into the study forum.
Iffff my hubby were a Tarot reader however, this would be "his deck" It is his favourite - from my meagre ~~60 deck collection, specially because it depicts neolithic people and their lifeways.

Thoughtful

l looked up Tarot of the Origins on ebay UK and unless this is a different deck with a similar name there are two for sale one at £17 the other at £49.

Xanoxt

Well, thanks to this forum, I got one of those decks off UK ebay. In the end it was one for £45, another at £49. :>

So we'll talk about this gauntlet thing in about half a year, I hope. :D