The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

firefrost

Posted a tiny, ickle two card reading but hey, it's better than nothing!

What amazes me is how my Anna K deck seems to know me better than I do!

Asher

Update posted

Two new entries posted! A summary of our recent Tarot Meetup and a spread looking at the upcoming Reader's Studio.

Asher

Sinduction

I posted a reading. I'm so blah about everything today.

Chiska

I posted a reading today! It was a great vacation, but nice to back home where it is more comfortable to handle the cards.

Oh, and Kilted Kat? I have changed to DruidCraft. The Pythagorean needs to sit on a shelf for a while before I go stark raving mad.

firecatpickles

Chiska said:
Oh, and Kilted Kat? I have changed to DruidCraft. The Pythagorean needs to sit on a shelf for a while before I go stark raving mad.

LOL.

Ok.

sapienza

Chiska said:
The Pythagorean needs to sit on a shelf for a while before I go stark raving mad.

I just got the Pythagorean this week. It is pretty intense. The book is SO detailed....I feel like it could take years to get through it. I do like it though. But I'm sticking with the Vacchetta for the PDR.

Chiska

sapienza said:
I just got the Pythagorean this week. It is pretty intense. The book is SO detailed....I feel like it could take years to get through it. I do like it though. But I'm sticking with the Vacchetta for the PDR.

It's an amazing deck. I have actually gotten a great deal out of my first suit study and comparison (IDS) with the Mythic Tarot. I am still working on that, but it is fairly academic. For just reading and reflection, I needed to work with a deck that was familiar and that flowed.

Good luck with the Pythagorean. I recommend his website http://www.cs.utk.edu/~mclennan/BA/PT/ . And don't just stick to the PT part, but also the other writings. Very interesting and helpful in understanding the cards.

sapienza

Thanks Chiska. I'll check it out.

sapienza

I have posted another reading to my blog. I'm really starting to feel comfortable reading with the Vacchetta now, it's a fabulous deck and very easy to read intuitively because the system is so different.

Onyx

Getting back on the Horse . . .

After a couple of rough PDR weeks, I have decided to move on from the Liber T. I am a bit disappointed that I didn't complete the whole year but I am ready to look to other decks.

I have a plan to spend four months with the Dame Fortune's Wheel tarot (once I get it) and study classical tarot approaches. Then the final four months look to more modern deck. I am considering either Tarot of Sweet Twilight or Legacy of the Divine Tarot. But keeping it open to others as well . . . see most recent blog post for details.

Onyx.