the urnash tarot

strings of life

Egypt Urnash said:
It's finally here! I got my proof copy from Lo Scarabeo yesterday. 99 cards with light-reactive printing, a lovely book, all wrapped up in a cool box.

Here's a quick little video of me opening the box and showing off a few of the cards.

Also it's shown up for pre-order! If you're in Europe, you can get it from Lo Scarabeo here; folks in the Americas like myself can get it from Llewellyn here. Or ask your local game/comics/occult shop to order it for you!
They are borderless!

* yes, yes, YES! *

They look absolutely stunning and you must be so pleased to see the mass market edition finally comes out. The presentation looks top notch: cards, packaging, etc.

Thanks for posting the video of you opening the box! (I also liked the lights in your Deadmau5 videos ;)).

Cassandra022

wow that video...deck looks amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Egypt Urnash

Yeah, I'm pretty happy to have this thing out in the world now! Lo Scarabeo did an amazing job on the packaging and production, and of course the glossy effects wouldn't have happened without them saying "we just got this new process, so far it's been used on the Quantum, want to be the second?" It took a while to go back through the deck to add it, but it was so worth it; the final product has this amazing physical presence to it that's really, really refreshing to a long-time digital artist like myself - it's very definitely a real-world artifact, rather than a simple duplication of something on my screen.

It's going to be soooo nice to be able to get it in people's hands without me having to make them myself!

marimorimo

Great video showcasing the cards -- I've just gone from zero interest to 100% interested in this deck and box set =D

Great work, Egypt Urnash and Lo Scarabeo!

Lady Morgaine

Those are beautiful. The packaging is great! The art is facinating. I can't stop looking! Geeeshe! I am blown away! This deck will be on my list of "must have". I like the concept of the dark card. How interesting!

Congratulations!!!!

Queen of Disks

I'm probably the last person on the forum to look at this, but I think you did an excellent job. Congratulations on getting printed!

I'm trying to figure out what your art style reminds me of, and the closest I could get was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlobFExM-UM

This is not normally something I would be interested in but I would still like to get it. My favorite cards so far are the Moon and the 99 of Wands (reminds me of the Quest Multiverse card mixed with 2001: A Space Odessy with a lizzard thrown in). The High Priest looks like he is wearing a suit from the Tron movies.

Nice job and keep up the good work!

Egypt Urnash

QoD, I am indeed a fan of Timm's work on the various 'Batman' cartoons! That was some of the last stuff I watched religiously before I went into the animation industry for a while; when I was playing with a little Batman story recently I realized that it's really his and Dini's version that is *the* definitive Bats for me.

Alta

I watched the video too and was very impressed. I enjoyed your progress shared on here and getting this deck. An original approach and I like the clean execution too.

Queen of Disks

QoD, I am indeed a fan of Timm's work on the various 'Batman' cartoons! That was some of the last stuff I watched religiously before I went into the animation industry for a while; when I was playing with a little Batman story recently I realized that it's really his and Dini's version that is *the* definitive Bats for me.

I pretty much grew up on those cartoons (including the Animated Series.) :)

Congratulations! Hopefully I will get your deck soon.

kaesrel

I've been so looking forward to this and September is too far away lol.

I looked for this deck on amazon.ca and found two entries, one for $23.70 and another $35.66. The cards in the $35 one seem to have borders while the one for $23 doesn't. Is there a reason for this difference or are they just using a different photo? And also, are there any other differences between these two?

I just want to make sure I'm pre-ordering the right deck. =) Thanks!