the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

Chronata

me too.

I await...not very patiently...

for any news.

Topsy

A sort-of update: I did message Riccardo (from LS) about potentially publishing this deck back in summer 2011. I really emphasised how much support it has here on AT, since that's usually a good indicator that a deck will do well. He said that he would discuss it with colleagues, but doubted he would get very far with them. He agreed about the beauty of the deck, but said the issue is that it's black-and-white and publishers simply don't think black-and-white decks will have a wide appeal. He thought a coloured version would probably be picked up and published fairly easily but of course, colouring the pictures would completely change the mood of the deck and would take away some of its beauty.

Sorry I'm posting this update so long after the event, I genuinely thought I had posted at the time back in 2011 but I can't seem to find that post anywhere! It must have slipped my mind somehow. Anyway, the issue seems to be with the black-and-white art, which I find really sad because that's what makes the deck so haunting and magical (in my opinion, at least). It also gives it an unusual selling-point in a market of thousands of decks, very few of which are black-and-white.

Wintergreen

I'm so sorry to hear that. You'd think that with the popularity of your book that LOS would see the point, which they're obviously missing. I'm quite certain that it would be a very successful deck. I'm sure there are other publishers who would be interested. Love love love the deck, and I want it badly!

Alta

That is disappointing news Topsy. For some reason I thought this full printing was 'in the pipe' and would be published. :(

Topsy

That is disappointing news Topsy. For some reason I thought this full printing was 'in the pipe' and would be published. :(

Well, that was 18 months ago so I really hope some progress has been made behind-the-scenes since then. I just looked through Erin's blog and checked the deck's website, but there's been no public update that I can see since May 2011, when Erin said she was going to concentrate on her writing for the moment but was hoping to publish her Tarot at some point in the future.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, this deck has so many fans that surely someone will pick it up for publication soon!

garmonbozia

A sort-of update: I did message Riccardo (from LS) about potentially publishing this deck back in summer 2011. I really emphasised how much support it has here on AT, since that's usually a good indicator that a deck will do well. He said that he would discuss it with colleagues, but doubted he would get very far with them. He agreed about the beauty of the deck, but said the issue is that it's black-and-white and publishers simply don't think black-and-white decks will have a wide appeal. He thought a coloured version would probably be picked up and published fairly easily but of course, colouring the pictures would completely change the mood of the deck and would take away some of its beauty.

Wow, just when I thought LS couldn't become any more insane, they prove me wrong once again. It's bad enough that they think people like 5 inch borders around their cards, but to think that people would be turned off by b&w artwork is completely mental.

I purposely seek out B&W decks, as I know others do as well.

If the artwork is stunning, it should not matter what colors, or lack of colors, are used.