The Pamela Colman Smith Centennial Deck review thread

rwcarter

EDITED TO ADD -

THANK YOU again, VERY much - my Pic. Key does NOT have the World!! I probably never would have noticed if you had not brought it to my attention.....
I hadn't bothered to even crack my copy open when I got the set. I believe it was Cerulean who first raised the flag about the missing World write-up. So I can't take credit for it.

Tibor

I have two sets. They both missing the World. I emailed USG

Emily

I have two sets. They both missing the World. I emailed USG

Now you've got me worried. I did a card count and went through them all but I think I need to check and make sure I do have a World.

Le Fanu

Now you've got me worried. I did a card count and went through them all but I think I need to check and make sure I do have a World.
They were talking about the book, Pictorial Key, I believe... :)

Sulis

I've just checked mine - I've had this set since it first came out and hadn't even taken the copy of 'The Pictoral Key' out of it's plastic wrapper. I've just had a look now and yes, it's missing the write up on The World card.

Emily

I've just checked mine - I've had this set since it first came out and hadn't even taken the copy of 'The Pictoral Key' out of it's plastic wrapper. I've just had a look now and yes, it's missing the write up on The World card.

Ahh yes, see what you mean - I'm missing the write up too and I'd read through it and not noticed. LOL

EDITED TO ADD
I might email them too - I don't have any other copies of this book and it shows a certain lack of care that they managed to leave the write-up of the World out.

Emily

I did email US Games, I don't have any other copies of the book and was looking forward to reading it properly.

I'm very impressed with US Games customer service, I had an email from Stuart Kaplan offering to send a replacement book. Apparently a few bad copies got through.

I should have asked if they ever intend releasing just the deck on its own. :)

Stormdancer

Crap!!! Mine's packed up and I can't check it. :(

THIS is why I hate packing. I always need what's in the boxes :mad:

Le Fanu

I'm very impressed with US Games customer service, I had an email from Stuart Kaplan offering to send a replacement book. Apparently a few bad copies got through.
I'd love to know "how many is a few?" Most people I know have the World write up missing. But U.S Games customer service is superb now. I too have had emails from Mr Kaplan and managed to have a bit of a conversation about this and that during our correspondence.

Like we really don't like the glossy Printed in Italy decks! :)

Emily

I'd love to know "how many is a few?" Most people I know have the World write up missing. But U.S Games customer service is superb now. I too have had emails from Mr Kaplan and managed to have a bit of a conversation about this and that during our correspondence.

Like we really don't like the glossy Printed in Italy decks! :)

I was surprised they got back to me so quickly. I've looked at the Pictorial book a few times on the web but never bought a copy so I was a bit miffed to find out the only copy of it I have is defective.

I've also asked if they ever intend just releasing the deck on its own. I'd love to have another copy but don't want the whole set again. It's a very nice version and different to what is out there already. :)