View Single Post
Forum Admin

Solandia 
Forum Admin

Message from Solandia

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the lovely emails and kind words since I made the announcement of the shutdown. I have read all the threads in Talking Tarot and all the emails sent me since then, and I want to tell you that this is just as hard for me as it is for you... I understand the grief, the shock, the sadness and the anger. This community has been a huge part of my life for seventeen years.

A few people have asked why I haven't tried to sell, or to find someone to take over or manage the forum in my stead so it can continue. I considered all these options but the forum is actually an incredibly complex creation and I simply don't have the energy or time to train someone in the very specific technical, administrative, management, and moderation tasks and duties it would take to turn this place over to someone else. I wouldn't even know how to begin.

As for selling... I could never have sold you all as a commodity to someone else. That would never have felt right to me.

In response to some other questions I have seen raised:

Forums that are private (member-only or subscriber-only) right now, such as Your Readings, the Reading Exchange, Chat and others, will remain so. A lot of personal situations and information were posted in the Readings forums, for example, and all these posts will remain private. If you wish to keep threads or posts from these forums, please copy them now.

Forums that are public and readable by guests now will remain so. This includes Using Tarot Cards, Tarot Decks, Tarot Talking, Tarot Study Groups, Marseilles and Other Early Decks, and more. The vast majority of our Tarot-related content will remain readable by you and others in the future.

Regarding copying content, you are welcome to copy and re-post your own posts, or to copy complete threads for your own personal records. I would ask though that you do not copy and re-post entire threads from the forum elsewhere, unless you have the permission of everyone who originally posted in that thread.

Regarding refunds, I am receiving emails at support@tarotforum.net and will process refunds on and after July 14th. The forum software won't let me send refunds before then without removing your subscription as well, so thank you for your patience with this side of the shutdown.

I'm sad to see the end of this community. I too met many of you in person over the years and while I haven't had the time to post much for the past few years, I have read many threads and had personal messages with many more of you.

I also can't thank the moderating team enough, both past and present, for their incredible efforts, time and energy in holding to my vision and making this community the safe space on the Internet that it has been. My special gratitude goes to Alta and Sulis for their years of support.

Thank you for being here and being a part of this community. I wish you all well in your Tarot journey in the future, both online and offline.

~ Kate
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1