Went to buy it - got the book instead

WillieHewes

Hi everyone. This should have been my 'I got mine yesterday' post, but things turned out different. :p Typical...

I went to the Elf fantasy shop in the Hague to get it yesterday, and this is me going out of my way quite a bit to get a deck of cards, but I knew they'd have it, and I prefer buying from cool and wonderful shops rather than ordering something on the net. I looked at the box, flicked through 'good faeries/bad faeries' and a load of other books there, hesitated, then decided to get the cards anyway. I love working with cards, have different tarot/oracle type decks and I make my own, so I just wanted the cards, even though I was somehow afraid of missing out on Brian Froud's original vision of the faeries (plus, there's more of them in the book! :) )

Anyway, I took the box set to the check out, but the guy said, 'this box is open, do you want one that's still wrapped?' and I said 'in that case, can I have a look at it?' So he lets me open the box, I'm leafing through the book, looking at the cards, still not sure what to do.

Obvious thing to do when in doubt and holding a deck of cards: draw one! So I fan out the cards, draw one, and it's a sweet, bright winged fairy. So I get the book. (Something happened in my head that made the connection between these two perfectly natural, but I couldn't explain what.) So now I've got the book, and I love it, but I still dont'have the damn cards!

Moral of this story: never take the fairies shopping. You'll go out to get cheese and bring back a cow. Or a pot of honey. Probably a pot of honey.

Melissa`

Haha.. I'm surprised they didn't talk you into buying the cards and the book at the same time. Or you must have some wild strength!

Amaya :)

Alissa

I think you're just establishing a relationship with your own Faeries even before they get here. Just don't forget to getting around to buying the deck.

I have and adore Good Faeries/Bad Faeries. I found it inspirational, and certainly one wonderful way to bring the Faery world into your own awareness. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest, then run out and buy the deck so you can tell us what else the Faeries are telling you!

Astraea

Well, the way I figure it, they probably want you top return to the shop and get something else, in addition to them! Perhaps a shipment of tarot bags or cloths is arriving soon, hmmmm? And/or, maybe neither the opened nor the sealed box was the right one for you. Believe it or not, when I got my faeries, there were two boxes and one felt right, and the other didn't. So go back, go back! :D Hope you get your deck very soon, and let us know what you think!

WillieHewes

Amaya: grrr ragh, wild strength it is. (Plus: small budget)

I will probably get the cards, but not this month. If anyone finds a cheap/secondhand copy, let me know, k? I have connected to the fairies, quite a bit, you might say. :|

Developing your second vision is exciting, but also frightening. And far from safe. Made a few interesting discoveries. One: I have wings. Two: fairies are everywhere, and *they stare at me*.

More later, how 'bout you?

sagitarian

WillieHewes said:
Developing your second vision is exciting, but also frightening. And far from safe. Made a few interesting discoveries. One: I have wings. Two: fairies are everywhere, and *they stare at me*.

More later, how 'bout you?

HA! Isn't that the truth, they stare at me too! But to add to it, i also sense them *laughing while they stare, and imagine them whispering to each other as well*.

About the wings thing, yeah, i discovered i had wings, and a tail. Yup, you've been sucked in and chosen as another fae friend! welcome, people say us fae friendly folk are a lil odd around the edges, but they just don't know how to laugh from their soul is all.

Seriously, i do hope that you are enjoying what you are finding for yourself, and the fae. They are truly some great friends to have around in many ways. Keep playing with them, and they'll make it so you can buy the deck, money or not. Mine did. It's somewhere in the thread about shopping for a fae tarot bag or something like that if you want to read my experience, as well as having a good laugh at hearing some of the other stories.

Have fun, and keep playing with your fae!

WillieHewes

sagitarian said:
HA! Isn't that the truth, they stare at me too! But to add to it, i also sense them *laughing while they stare, and imagine them whispering to each other as well*.

*nods* uhuh! Exactly! :(

Feel quite alone in this. I wish I had a friend (human, I mean, like, physically present) to share this with. Or even just someone to talk to about it. One of my friends (who is a fox himself, for crying out loud!) got annoyed when he heard about my wings. Couldn't accept it or something. Made me rather sad.

On the upside, I've been writing many little stories and I've been drawing, feel more inspired than I have in a long time.

*frowns* Does anyone know why the idea that fairies are cute and inoffensive is so widespread? Where do people get this idea!?

PS: haven't got a tail. My friend (a non-physically present one) has antlers though. He lets me borrow them sometimes. :confused: Just realised how weird that sounds. It's what happens though. They're for inspiration. Like antennae.

Thanks for letting me share my particular brand of madness with you.

Willie

Alissa

WillieHewes said:
[BThanks for letting me share my particular brand of madness with you.

Willie [/B]

I dig people with your kinda wierdness. Weird out, brother-man~! :D

I've been aware of my Fae, strongly, since I was a teenager ... so to me you're tales of being giggled at and having wings is pretty much second nature to me. ;)

And, Yes! You have others out there who think equally kooky thoughts, and find the absolute truth that lies in their core. Screw conventional thought anyway, is my motto.

And, you can thank Disney for making all faeries into Tinkerbells.

I have a tattoo of a faery, my only ink tattoo. Wear your wings, no matter what others say. And, who knows ... you may yet grow a tail as well!

p.s. Your comment on antlers reminded me strongly of Himself, my Fae brother. The Faeries have been teaching me something of antlers and such, you see.

I've been becoming more and more aware in the past 6 months of the existence of antlers/flowers/branches and sometimes stars that float in one's crown chakra.

Flowers are weak links, inspirational and fragile, to the Divine.

Antlers are divining rods, they streak Divine into them.

Branches are rare. They are the consistent, always present, ever mindful ones who live with one part of themselves always focused on Spirit matters.

Stars are Spirit guides who visit at the crown level, and speak internally to us. They are blessed spirits, not malicious, at the crown chakra.