Saturn return stories

celticnoodle

You know, the first Saturn return is suppose to make itself well known in your 28th year there abouts, correct? Well, the end of my 27th year and all through my 28th year and for the next few years after that were great!. So, I am hoping that the next return will be just as lovely! :D

EmpressArwen

Holy smokes!

I'm convinced you are all super geniuses. This is all so far over my head...but fascinating.

So I went to astro.com, plugged in my info...looking at a chart (natal chart wheel)..uh, what am I looking for?

It says Saturn - 12 Leo 53'20"

Does that mean something? I recognized Gemini!! Hey I knew that but then it added ascended:Cancer....and it lost me again.

I need to do some serious studying to even begin to grasp this. Wow!

I have to admit, I'm a little awed by you all right now.

LittleOne

I once saw a female celebrity say things got so bad during her Saturn Return that she moved back home at 28 to her parents! things got better again after that.

I'm not a celebrity.... but that is exactly what has happened to me. 28 and living at home. I feel a little bit lameoooooooo! Hahaha

celticnoodle

I'm convinced you are all super geniuses. This is all so far over my head...but fascinating.

So I went to astro.com, plugged in my info...looking at a chart (natal chart wheel)..uh, what am I looking for?

It says Saturn - 12 Leo 53'20"

Does that mean something? I recognized Gemini!! Hey I knew that but then it added ascended:Cancer....and it lost me again.

I need to do some serious studying to even begin to grasp this. Wow!

I have to admit, I'm a little awed by you all right now.
You and me both, EA! I find htis stuff so fascinating, but I get lost in it all too. btw, I noticed that astro.com does have information to help you understand it all--check it out. If I can find it again, I'll post the link to it here so anyone else interested in it can check it out.

I'm not a celebrity.... but that is exactly what has happened to me. 28 and living at home. I feel a little bit lameoooooooo! Hahaha

Not at all lame. There are times when one needs to be at home with the parents to get things in order again. Its not always easy to move back in with the folks, or to have your folks move in with you--but there are times when its truly needed. Its nice to know that you have each other to fall back on when the need is there.

danieljuk

(((LittleOne))) If I was a parent I would love my child to come back when times were tough! I think it's brave to return home because it's not easy and you feel a little embarrassed and silly. We all have difficult periods in our lives and if family can support you when you get back on your feet, that's wonderful :) :heart: it's just temporary! Losing our independence is tricky!

Arwen, there it lot's of much clever and more knowledgeable people around here than me but from what I gather planets "return" to the same place they were at the time of birth. Planets circle the sun and Saturn takes 29.5 years to do it's full circle, it's so slow! The first Saturn return happens at around 28 to 29 years old and makes life "serious" in some way. It's a wake up call! Apparently (reading online) a huge amount of divorces happen then. It's like the Tower card in tarot, you realise that something in life is not working out for you. It can be terrible, what you know in life is suddenly pulled from under you. I hate to think everything is all negative and it can't be awful for every person (it depends where you have Saturn in your chart and how affected you are). I see it largely as becoming a mature adult, maybe you marry, maybe you divorce, maybe you have kids. something becomes serious in your life, you are no longer that naive person (I changed so much from 20 to 30 years old, I thought I knew everything in my twenties, how I laugh now :D).

Mand Maud posted this site link which works out your years here. I am a bit sceptical about it because I don't think they are precise years for every person but others here may know better than me. I would regard it as approximate. We don't all have it at the same exact age, but your first Saturn return is around 28/ 29 so remember back to that and if anything major happened in your life. The first return is the most difficult. The second return is at around 59 years old and the third return which some people are now experiencing (and never used to) is at around 89. I don't know about where Saturn is in your chart though, I am too inexperienced for that :) I have it in the 9th house Virgo. (I am not sure what the numbers mean next to Virgo, mine is 7?).

Researching into Saturn Returns this week for my own learning, I found out you can have the return at 28/29 and it can last into your early 30's. My really terrible year when my mental health spiralled and I had huge depression dealing with everything was when I was 31/32. That must have been when it hit, it was terrible! but I have been rebuilding my life since then and I think moving to a more stable place, I have better control of my own mental health now to stop that spiralling. The positive thing about the Saturn return is you recover and heal to a better place :)

celticnoodle

(((LittleOne))) If I was a parent I would love my child to come back when times were tough! I think it's brave to return home because it's not easy and you feel a little embarrassed and silly. We all have difficult periods in our lives and if family can support you when you get back on your feet, that's wonderful :) :heart: it's just temporary! Losing our independence is tricky!
Exactly! I, too, would be very happy to help my child and her family. Anyone in my family, honestly, and we do so. They have also helped us in return at times. That is what family is for, right? :) And, one day, you may have to help your parents out too. Chances are that you will need to when they get older.

The first Saturn return happens at around 28 to 29 years old and makes life "serious" in some way. It's a wake up call! It's like the Tower card in tarot, you realise that something in life is not working out for you.
looking back and scruitinzing it more for myself at that age, there were also a lot of hard times when I was 27 and 28, but then mid year of my 27th year, things began to really fall in place for me, I think. I like that you say its when life is more serious--because I think perhaps this was the year that I really began to understand things in life more. Its when I began to realize what I needed to do.

I hate to think everything is all negative and it can't be awful for every person (it depends where you have Saturn in your chart and how affected you are). I see it largely as becoming a mature adult, maybe you marry, maybe you divorce, maybe you have kids. something becomes serious in your life, you are no longer that naive person (I changed so much from 20 to 30 years old, I thought I knew everything in my twenties, how I laugh now :D).
exactly! I thought I knew it all too. I did move out on my own, but quite honestly, I wasn't ready for the big outside world. It was hard! But, I think by the time I got to 25 or 26, I began to act a bit smarter and then by the time I was 27, smarter and more mature. :laugh: I also began to reap in some positive things that have to this day been built upon and really made my life better. So overall, my first Saturn return was great. Perhaps because the years before were not so great? *shrugs*

Mand Maud posted this site link which works out your years here. I am a bit sceptical about it because I don't think they are precise years for every person but others here may know better than me. I would regard it as approximate. We don't all have it at the same exact age, but your first Saturn return is around 28/ 29 so remember back to that and if anything major happened in your life. The first return is the most difficult. The second return is at around 59 years old and the third return which some people are now experiencing (and never used to) is at around 89. I don't know about where Saturn is in your chart though, I am too inexperienced for that :) I have it in the 9th house Virgo. (I am not sure what the numbers mean next to Virgo, mine is 7?).

I only have 4-5 more years to wait for my next Saturn return. I'm hoping it will be as good to me as the first one. And, I hope the 3rd one will also be as generous. My mother is 88, soon to be 89. I imagine she is having her 3rd Saturn return. I am not close to my mother and we do not live near each other, but from what I can 'see' of her in the last year and this one is that she has really mellowed a lot. So, in my opinion it is a good Saturn return for her. I should do her chart too! I don't have the exact time of her birth, but I know it was before lunch time, as her oldest siblings recall coming home from school to eat lunch and finding they had a brand new baby sister. :D

Researching into Saturn Returns this week for my own learning, I found out you can have the return at 28/29 and it can last into your early 30's. My really terrible year when my mental health spiralled and I had huge depression dealing with everything was when I was 31/32. That must have been when it hit, it was terrible! but I have been rebuilding my life since then and I think moving to a more stable place, I have better control of my own mental health now to stop that spiralling. The positive thing about the Saturn return is you recover and heal to a better place :)
I had hoped to spend time on it myself this past week--but didn't get much in at all. :( Reading your post, Daniel, and others, it seems that the first Saturn return comes at a time when we've truly began to understand what our lives require, and we have the push in ourselves to go out and make it happen/come to be. That is exactly how I felt for the end of my 20s and start of my 30s.

Minderwiz

The calculator looks quite accurate to me, I tested it with both my wife's details and my own (it only requires date of birth). It gives an answer that shows the month of the return (and the squares and oppostion). The only error here is that it gives the preceding month for my third return (possibly because it allows for a degree of application?)It states July, Janus and Solar Fire say 2nd August. That's about it. It even allows for those returns (and aspects) where there is a Retrograde period involved, by giving start and end months.

My only pedantic point about it would be the use of the words 'waxing' and 'waning', though for non-astrologers, they are probably a better choice than the more correct 'sinister' and 'dexter' (or better still 'left and 'right'). Most people are aware of the use of waxing and waning for the Moon, but won't have much idea of 'left' and 'right' in this context LOL. So the site is forgiven :)

You can get accuracy to the minute, from something like Janus but paying $150 for that extra accuracy is OTT. So use this site with a high degree of assurance that it's giving you what you need to know.

MandMaud

It's like the Tower card in tarot, you realise that something in life is not working out for you. It can be terrible, what you know in life is suddenly pulled from under you.
That's a good analogy, except that I include suddenness in the meaning of the Tower (not that this is the thread to discuss nuances of a card) which I'd associate more with Pluto. Saturn is slo-o-ow... not always, I think - someone eg Minderwiz(!) will know better.

I am a bit sceptical about it because I don't think they are precise years for every person but others here may know better than me. I would regard it as approximate. We don't all have it at the same exact age,
There is a precise moment that each planet returns to the place in your chart where it was at your birth - that is its return - but the effects of your Saturn return will "fade in" and "fade out" over two or three years, because it's a planet that thinks in years rather than days or weeks. At least that's how I understand it.

And yes, a planet's return is not at precisely the same age for everyone. I was quite surprised a couple of years ago, when I realised that I couldn't get my solar return chart simply by putting that year's birthday in with my birth time; the Sun's return isn't even on the same date, can be a day either way. The planets don't check with our artificial calendar!

I like the way you say "something gets serious" - that's it, not necessarily something hard or horrible, but definitely something grown-up. My post #24 lists what happened to me around those times - three or four out of six fit the bill, and

I have it in the 9th house Virgo. (I am not sure what the numbers mean next to Virgo, mine is 7?).
That's how far into the sign Saturn was. 0 degrees Virgo would be the cusp (the very "opening moment" of the sign) and each sign is 30 degrees wide. Your natal Saturn was at the 7th degree of Virgo. Just as the hours on the clock are divided into minute, the houses of the zodiac are divided into degrees, and then the degrees are subdivided into minutes (sixty in one degree, I *think*) and then seconds (I **think**). For example my Saturn is at 12 Aries 25' 36" which means at the moment of my birth it was 12 degrees, 25 minutes and 36 seconds into Aries, nearly 12 and a half degrees - I can't think when we'd ever need its position that precisely, though. (And I have a little 'r' after all that, meaning the planet was retrograde.)

Minderwiz or someone, correct me if I'm wrong about this! :)

I think I have repeated some of your explanations too, sorry!

LittleOne

Not at all lame. There are times when one needs to be at home with the parents to get things in order again. Its not always easy to move back in with the folks, or to have your folks move in with you--but there are times when its truly needed. Its nice to know that you have each other to fall back on when the need is there.

Exactly! I, too, would be very happy to help my child and her family. Anyone in my family, honestly, and we do so. They have also helped us in return at times. That is what family is for, right? And, one day, you may have to help your parents out too. Chances are that you will need to when they get older.

I'll definitely be helping my parents out when they get older - I think about it quite a bit. When I go back to the family home I find myself reverting to old habits that I had when I was younger. It's funny how ingrained family dynamics will be. My family and I are all pretty close.

Yeah, I think alot of people are like "why?" and see it as a backward step, which I guess is the part that makes me feel lame. I like being at home. All my stuff is here, my animals are here, it's a really nice place (except for the neighbours......!)

Thanks for your support guys!

LittleOne

The calculator looks quite accurate to me, I tested it with both my wife's details and my own (it only requires date of birth). It gives an answer that shows the month of the return (and the squares and oppostion). The only error here is that it gives the preceding month for my third return (possibly because it allows for a degree of application?)It states July, Janus and Solar Fire say 2nd August. That's about it. It even allows for those returns (and aspects) where there is a Retrograde period involved, by giving start and end months.

My only pedantic point about it would be the use of the words 'waxing' and 'waning', though for non-astrologers, they are probably a better choice than the more correct 'sinister' and 'dexter' (or better still 'left and 'right'). Most people are aware of the use of waxing and waning for the Moon, but won't have much idea of 'left' and 'right' in this context LOL. So the site is forgiven :)

You can get accuracy to the minute, from something like Janus but paying $150 for that extra accuracy is OTT. So use this site with a high degree of assurance that it's giving you what you need to know.

For better accuracy, and instead of having to pay for software, people could always take this calculator as a starting point and then use an ephemeris. That's what I did anyway.

But as Mand Maud said with Saturn's effect of fading in and fading out - I don't think it is something that needs pinpoint accuracy.