TGC The Game Crafter and Shipping costs

gregory

Yes it's the same from whichever state. But I think even the padded envelope will kick in at more than $6 these days. The flat rate small box is $16.95 now; $12.95 to Canada. And the minimum for an international parcel is $8.95.

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/Notice123.pdf

for anything else.

Even so....

tarotlyn

Yes it's the same from whichever state. But I think even the padded envelope will kick in at more than $6 these days. The flat rate small box is $16.95 now; $12.95 to Canada. And the minimum for an international parcel is $8.95.

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/Notice123.pdf

for anything else.

Even so....
:heart: Thank you, gregory, for the link to that usps postal pricing pdf file... that is a really good one! :):thumbsup:

i hope you don't mind that i have posted it in my own deck creation thread.

:heart: HUGS
Lyn

gregory

:laugh:

Why would I ???? It's a public document ( I THINK... I didn't HACK anything...) - I just wish gamecrafter had a copy...

HudsonGray

:heart::) ...and where did you purchase your 'padded envelope'? At a USPS post office?

So you are saying that if an item is shipped from California (to England, for example) it is
the 'same' price for a 'padded envelope' (with a deck) as it would be if shipped from Texas, or
even New York (going to England)? Right? Because when i went on the usps site today and
tried to use their shipping calculator, i couldn't without someone's zip code.

:heart: Lyn

Absolutely, you can check rates online with the post office's online calculator. (And I always recycle envelopes if they're still good, I don't buy any I don't need to).

Here's the USPS site for international. It's relaible. There are several choices, I go with the cheapest.
http://ircalc.usps.gov/
Pick the destination, then envelope or package, weight, click continue and that gets you to the $$ options. I use the First Class Mail International (the bottom option, you click to open it).

BTW, the US domestic rates are above Abu Dhabi on the first screen. When I have a package going domestically and don't know the zip I pick ANY zip from that state. It works fine, they just need to know which zone to send it for the charges. So if it's going to California you can use any CA zip code to get a shipping cost.

I popped some numbers in. An envelope thicker than 1/4" with a 4 ounce deck/envelope weight to it that was going to Australia would be $5.34, but a 6 ounce deck would be $6.90.

Winterchild

High Shipping Costs

I had a reply today about my 24 USD shipping cost when the cost was actually 15 something..... it was apparently packaging and gas.... I hadnt realised this because in the Paypal cart it showed me 6.50 for the US cost, and I assumed NZ woud be about another 8 bucks or so, as it usually is... I didn't see it again until I got my invoice that shipping to NZ was 24 USD!!!

Anyway, if they are happy I can let it go...., I will be more careful in future!!

tarotlyn

sorry double posted

Madame Squee

Well, I stumbled across this thread AFTER I placed an order with TGC. I thought the postage was horrible for one little Lenormand deck, but I paid it, because I really wanted the Palimpsest cards. My problem was that I thought the postage would double if I added another item to the cart (like it does on Amazon), so I checked out. Now, I'm in the Game Crafter forum trying to figure out how to add another deck to the order I already created. Oh well, live and learn. :bugeyed:

garmonbozia

Now, I'm in the Game Crafter forum trying to figure out how to add another deck to the order I already created. Oh well, live and learn. :bugeyed:

Your best bet probably is to call them and either cancel your order and re-order, or see if they can ammend your order.

I always wait until I have at least two things to buy from GC, otherwise their shipping is robbery.

tarotlyn

deleted post as I no longer recommend TGC

Madame Squee

Thank you, guys! :love:

I'm doing it now. :*