Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 9 - #39

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 9
Number: 39

Symbol: A CHRISTMAS TREE IS DECORATED AND SHINES IN THE DARKNESS.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 9 is:

TAURUS 8 ~ A SLEIGH WITHOUT SNOW.

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 9 is:

TAURUS 10 ~ A RED CROSS NURSE WITH WARM SYMPATHY.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 9 is:

SCORPIO 9 ~ A DENTIST IS HARD AT WORK.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 9 are:

LEO 9 ~ GLASS BLOWERS SHAPE BEAUTIFUL FORMS WITH THEIR CONTROLLED BREATHING.

SCORPIO 9 ~ A DENTIST IS HARD AT WORK.

AQUARIUS 9 ~ A FLAG IS SEEN TURNING INTO AN EAGLE.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 9 are:

CANCER 21 ~ A PRIMA DONA SINGING.

LIBRA 3 ~ THE DAWN OF THE NEW DAY REVEALS EVERYTHING CHANGED.

SAGITTARIUS 15 ~ THE GROUND HOG LOOKING FOR ITS SHADOW ON GROUND HOG DAY.

AQUARIUS 27 ~ AN ANCIENT POTTERY BOWL FILLED WITH FRESH VIOLETS.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Dr Jones has the key word as symbolisation (Oh yea, everyone 'sees' SOME symbolism in the WINTER tree - pagan OR Christian.

Solarfire has the body part as the Jugular veins (oh does Christmas grab you there with finances!! ooops sorry)

Element Fuchsite
Discussion Fuchsite is also known as chromian green mica, mica group of minerals that have sheet like planes in their crystallography. The word mica means to shine, and all forms of mica have brilliant shiney appearance. Spiritually Fuchsite aids in physical and emotional healing, brings into the house friendliness and compassion and light heartedness. The shiney colour as well as its spiritual properites make it sit well with this symbol.

Ok this is a really amazing symbol, I have put some thought into this symbol as it is my saturn symbol!

The custom of decorating an evergreen with lights and ornaments is seen to be Christian, but its roots lie deep in the Pagan past. In ancient times, the venerated tree was the oak, though ashes and yews were substituted in later ancient days, and the representation of the tree as life among the desolation of winter shifted to the evergreen needles of the pine. Evergreens are a natural symbol of rebirth and life particularly in the northern winter whiteness. The Christmas tree is such a popular symbol of the 'winter holiday' that it has been adopted by people of many faiths in many countries.

This symbol refers to sharing rituals, customs and tradition, the unity of people and spirit at this time of year. Here we have the hope of good will, celebrations and loving intentions.

In all the ways people celebrate ‘mid-winter’, we see how this time of the year is also re-born in different cultures echoes its original cyclic meaning, rebirth in light and darkness, safety and giving.

MARINA

Simone

Makes me think of not hiding your light, but rather show it, even, or especially, in the darkness...

Lights on trees look so hopeful, heart-warming, so do not put them out just to make sure you don't stand out from the darkness surrounding.

Leave your lights on - they will bring hope to those surrounding you!

On the other hand, they can put up a show and hide things underneath, they can be a mask leading others astray.

Leave your lights on, but only yours and don't try to decorate yourself with other lights!

tink27

Imagine a fully decorated Christmas tree in Taurus - fertility and blissful creativity plugged into time and space! Also, is not Buddha associated with Taurus and said to have been born under this sign? Would this to mean that every day is a gift, special and with its own energy patterns (light and shadow) which could eventually lead us to love, freedom, joy and a reunion to our wholeness? We are said to be multidimensional beings - the many colors radiate an outpouring of our divine thoughts and feelings which resonates the frequency of joy and love with others.

The feelings and happiness we have at Christmas, are not only for this day alone (sigh). Sharing and exchanging with others daily, allows synchronisity to continually flow and guide us through our lives. Wouldn't that be lovely?

tink

MCsea

Tink, I love that - you say
""""The feelings and happiness we have at Christmas, are not only for this day alone""""

yes - thats what makes Christmas so multifaith I feel, I love that you bought this up for this symbol!

I wanted to also add I feel this symbol relfects other 'feast' days
holy or sacred' days, with my experience having this as my Saturn - lessons symbol I am ALWAYS learning lessons on 'big' days - birthdays, easter, mothers day, all the big name days...

Oh just realised Christmas is a birthday celebration of sorts in some cultures!

Simone I LOVE the LIGHT you bring in with your description!!

MARINA

tink27

MCsea said:
Tink, I love that - you say

Oh just realised Christmas is a birthday celebration of sorts in some cultures!

Simone I LOVE the LIGHT you bring in with your description!!

MARINA

MCsea, when I read this I got an image of an infinite number of colorful lights overlapping and flowing into one another - an integration (synchronization) of our light bodies surrounding and supporting one another.

Oh! that was cool! Thanks!

tjink

MCsea

That is this wonderful symbol isnt it, the light shining for anyone who wants to look
it is lovely..

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 824

irmata

As I am completely new to Sabian Symbols, I was wondering if anyone could provide insight into this symbol as a *challenge* for the year.

Building from the interpretations in this thread already, all that comes to mind for me is acknowledging my "light" and letting it shine, especially as I received it in combination with Pisces 11 (spiritual path) and Virgo 18 (positive changes).