Lunar Eclipse, May/June 02

Neptunian

I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what sort of effect the Lunar eclipses , 26/04/02 & 24//6/02, which if I have read it right also will be very close to Pluto, in Sag. might have on ppl with personal planets or angles at these degrees. Also the ppl I am thinking of both have natally Moon /Pluto conjuctions, (not in Sag.), both in Virgo, I would be very grateful for any info on these influences

Thanx :)

purplelady

hmmmm, I have both the moon and pluto in virgo...............and I have venus in sagittarius. Maybe AG can tell us what it all means?

AquarianGoddess

There is a 5 degree Sagg lunar eclipse coming up on May 25th and (thankfully) it's NOT close to Pluto (at 16 degrees). The Gemini solar eclipse is in June (don't have my Ephemeris with me at the moment) and I believe opposes Pluto.

Neptunian, as for the effects of the eclipse on an individual, it's impossible to predict because we're always under more than one transit at any givin time. In general, eclipses (especially the lunar one which is a full moon) adds intensity to the air. The one at the end of May is a tense one due to all the other cosmic goings-on at the same time.

Purplelady, the May 25th one will affect your Venus and I'm not sure of the degrees of your Moon/Pluto. The only thing I can say here, is if there's problems festering they can likely come to a head and the eclipse is only a part of the big picture.

AG

Minderwiz

Hi,

The May Lunar eclipse is actually at its greatest obscuration on 26 May at12:04 the full moon being the 25th at 11:52. The Moon will actually conjunct Pluto on Monday 27th. This will only be of personal significance if the Full Moon were to make an aspect to a planet or angle in the birth chart at the time of the conjunction with Pluto (which also would be transiting the same planet or point) and I think would be a rather interesting few hours rather than any major significant event

The June eclipse occurs at on the 10th at nearly midnight and is at almost 20 degrees Gemini. It will already have conjoined Pluto and will be well into separation by then. Again there may be some stirring of an already existing Pluto transit during the short time of conjunction unless you are quite liberal with orbs of transit.

At the mundane level, I'm not good enough to suggest what the general effect would be but for individual transits I doubt that there will be more than a ripple.

Blessings

Minderwiz

AquarianGoddess

I've really observed eclipses over the years and my conclusion is they're unpredictable. The energy can last for six months, or sometimes longer, and a time to watch is when either the Sun/Mars or a new or full moon makes a square to the eclipse degree...then there's usually an event...but not always.

The December 2001 eclipse at 22 Sagg conjuncted my Venus and nothing happened...until the March new Moon which squared that eclipse point. A friend of mine who has the Sun at 22 Sagg didn't have an event either time. In addition, a few years back I had a major solar eclipse on my ascendant and every astrologer I knew predicted something horrible and nothing occurred, bad or good.

The June 24th lunar eclipse at 3 Capricorn is the last in the series of Cancer/Cap eclipses and opposes the June, 2001 solar eclipse at zero Cancer. Zero Cancer is a very hot degree.

We're in a cornicopia of cosmic goings-on and whether the eclipses will add, subtract or multiply the fun (?), will remain to be seen.

AG

Minderwiz

AG

I must admit that I haven't really gone into the eclipse side yet for predictions. Bernadette Brady's book Predictive Astrology is on my wish list! and I know she deals with the eclipse cycle and the Saros cycle.

I know many astrologers tend to write off transits of the moon as literally transitory. But I did have a quick look at Rob Hand's book after I posted and whilst he tends to agree with the short term nature of the transit he does see longer term effects for some transits - such as Moon conjunct Natal Sun and the Lunar transits of Natal Pluto.

This is an area I'd like to know more about and I found your comments helpful.

Blessings

Minderwiz

Mystick Dragon

Portrait - Short Edition

for Sabrina Speaks (female)
born on 8 July 1983 local time 01:19 pm
in Edmonds, WA (US) U.T. 20:19
122w23, 47n49 sid. time 07:14:20

Planetary positions
planet sign degree house motion
Sun Cancer 16°05'48 09/10 direct
Sun is technically near the end of house 9 and is interpreted in house 10.
Moon Gemini 22°57'31 09 direct
Mercury Cancer 15°06'50 09/10 direct
Mercury is technically near the end of house 9 and is interpreted in house 10.
Venus Leo 29°02'40 11 direct
Mars Cancer 06°25'26 09 direct
Jupiter Sagittarius 01°41'55 02 retrograde
Saturn Libra 27°46'01 01 stationary (D)
Uranus Sagittarius 05°36'22 02 retrograde
Neptune Sagittarius 27°21'10 03 retrograde
Pluto Libra 26°42'40 01 stationary (D)
True Node Gemini 25°02'44 09 direct

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Libra 13°41'08
2nd House Scorpio 09°44'25
3rd House Sagittarius 11°14'54
Imum Coeli Capricorn 17°08'30
5th House Aquarius 21°38'54
6th House Pisces 20°34'16
Descendant Aries 13°41'08
8th House Taurus 09°44'25
9th House Gemini 11°14'54
Medium Coeli Cancer 17°08'30
11th House Leo 21°38'54
12th House Virgo 20°34'16

Major aspects
Sun Conjunction Mercury 0°59
Sun Square Ascendant 2°25
Moon Sextile Venus 6°05
Moon Trine Saturn 4°48
Moon Opposition Neptune 4°24
Moon Trine Pluto 3°45
Mercury Square Ascendant 1°26
Venus Square Jupiter 2°39
Venus Sextile Saturn 1°17
Venus Trine Neptune 1°41
Venus Sextile Pluto 2°20
Mars Quincunx Uranus 0°49
Jupiter Conjunction Uranus 3°54
Saturn Sextile Neptune 0°25
Saturn Conjunction Pluto 1°03
Neptune Sextile Pluto 0°38

that's what the planets were at the time of my birth, will these eclipses hurt me at all?

--Dragon