"Does S/He Like Me?" Spread

Sobekneferu

Hehe... a year or so back on another forum, someone was asking about using tarot to determine whether a boy in her high school liked her or not. The poor girl got chased away without an answer by a couple folks who were trying to impose their personal beliefs onto her... but for some reason that was the first spread I thought of creating when I thought of making up a new spread.

First, choose a significator for the Querent and the Object of the query. Then lay everything out like this:

O1
Q2

1 is the Object's position.
2 is the Querent's position.
3-6 are the Object's feelings, opinions and considered actions toward the Querent.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, as I was taught, in a spread like this the Querent should choose a King or Queen as his/her significator and the Queen or King of the same suit for the Object of the query (in a romantic matter like this.)

annabubble

Sobekneferu said:
the Querent should choose a King or Queen as his/her significator and the Queen or King of the same suit for the Object of the query (in a romantic matter like this.)
Seeing as how I'm only 14, should I use a Page as my significator, or should I stick to a Queen?

anna x

Sobekneferu

I'd say if you are old enough to worry about romantic matters, you're old enough to use a queen ;)

But really the gender of the cards is what is important... I would think perhaps other 'matching" male/female cards could be used for this too, like a Priest and Priestess. But I wouldn't use male/male unless it were for a gay relationship.

annabubble

Sobekneferu said:
I'd say if you are old enough to worry about romantic matters, you're old enough to use a queen ;)

But really the gender of the cards is what is important... I would think perhaps other 'matching" male/female cards could be used for this too, like a Priest and Priestess. But I wouldn't use male/male unless it were for a gay relationship.

Thanks, I'll make sure I try this sometime soon. It sounds good...:)

Mathki

Thanks for a very interesting looking spread - I can't wait to try it out! ;o)

But I have a question:

You say that the positions 3-6 are the objects' feelings, opinions and considered actions towards the querent, so is number 3 feelings, 4 opinions and 5+6 considered actions or are all positions all of the above? Because I think it would be a little difficult for me as a beginner to seperate them and to interpret the cards if the spread isn't more specific, if you understand what I mean?