Avatar - the movie and the sabian symbols

MCsea

Hey

I saw the movie Avatar and I LOVED IT (for ohh so many reasons) anyway I know many people did NOT like it cause it was too simple- the messages too obvious etc.. well I saw heaps of sabian symbols in the movie - and I thought MAYBE we could delve into those symbols and see where it leads us - is it more than good vs bad, greenies vs miners, healthy vs sick, addicted vs organic, aliens vs natives OR is there MORE?!

So please join in - if you saw the move OR even if you didnt you may feel there are sabian symbols you would expect - see how many we get...
and what they might help us learn...

MARINA

MCsea

Aries 4
Sabian Symbol: Two lovers strolling along a secluded walk
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Enjoyment Jake and Neytiri (of course) but also maybe the scientific work walking along side the mining work - 'lovers' interconnected - needed by eachother but not happy...

Aries 7
Sabian Symbol: A man successfully expressing himself in two realms at once
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Proficiency Jake Sully- do I need to say more? he was here and there at the same time - awesome

Aries 11
Sabian Symbol: The president of the country
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Idealization - the president of Avatar Planet, and the family - extended people who had a common ideology.

Aries 13
Sabian Symbol: A bomb fails to explode
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Impetuousness Well I guess is exploded - kind a - near the tree but it failed to do what was inteded for it.

Aries 22
Sabian Symbol: The gate to the garden of desire
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Prospect TO me the whole planet was something desirable.. beautiful and natural - supernatural

MCsea

Aries 25
Sabian Symbol: A double promise is revealing
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Sensibility I think there may be a few double promises in this movie - Jake promising to do for the General spy work, but jsut accepting his brothers role had this duality (twin) energy.. then there were the scientists who were there for their own purpose - to investigate the biology seemingly innocently but it was not in the beginning... the miners of course.. anyway..

Aries 26
Sabian Symbol: A man possessed of more gifts than he can hold
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Equipment Jake Sully when he could walk as an Avatar - awesome he had legs strenght and freedom.

Aries 27
Sabian Symbol: Lost opportunity regained through imagination
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Reformulation again this happened a few times ;)

Taurus 5
Sabian Symbol: A widow at an open grave
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Reorientation

Taurus 7
Sabian Symbol: A woman of Samaria
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Awakening Neytiri undertaking the training of Jake - it was a sacrifice for her in the beginning she took the stranger in.

Taurus 17
Sabian Symbol: A symbolic battle between swords and torches
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Resolution This simply could be one of the major themes of the movie -
This symbol is about promises and sacred vows keeping them intact and in line with our highest intention.
IMHO
A Message: Richness in spirit, a sense of justice, guided by strong convictions (all sides had this)
Focus: Single-mindedness and self-determination motivate you to answer important questions.
Affirmation: I am balanced, thoughtful, and energetic.

huredriel

MCsea said:
Aries 4
Sabian Symbol: Two lovers strolling along a secluded walk
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Enjoyment Jake and Neytiri (of course) but also maybe the scientific work walking along side the mining work - 'lovers' interconnected - needed by eachother but not happy...
This could also represent the bond once the Avatar has linked into the Na'avi body.

Aries 7
Sabian Symbol: A man successfully expressing himself in two realms at once
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Proficiency Jake Sully- do I need to say more? he was here and there at the same time - awesome
And for all Avatars

Aries 11
Sabian Symbol: The president of the country
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Idealization - the president of Avatar Planet, and the family - extended people who had a common ideology.
On the negative side, this would be the little prat who was in charge of the mining corp.

Aries 13
Sabian Symbol: A bomb fails to explode
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Impetuousness Well I guess is exploded - kind a - near the tree but it failed to do what was inteded for it.
I thought of the bombs in the plane that weren't released (tho they exploded in the plane)

Aries 22
Sabian Symbol: The gate to the garden of desire
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Prospect TO me the whole planet was something desirable.. beautiful and natural - supernatural
And the connection they have via the ends of their braided hair ....... it is how they link to animals and Ewya

huredriel

MCsea said:
Aries 25
Sabian Symbol: A double promise is revealing
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Sensibility I think there may be a few double promises in this movie - Jake promising to do for the General spy work, but jsut accepting his brothers role had this duality (twin) energy.. then there were the scientists who were there for their own purpose - to investigate the biology seemingly innocently but it was not in the beginning... the miners of course.. anyway..
I thought of when Jake revealed to the Na'avi why he'd been sent there and Neytiri understood his betrayal.

Aries 27
Sabian Symbol: Lost opportunity regained through imagination
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Reformulation again this happened a few times ;)
This brings to mind when he thought of claiming the biggie red dragon

Taurus 5
Sabian Symbol: A widow at an open grave
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Reorientation
I actually thought of when they showed the Na'avi burial, but also when Neytiri was mourning her father.

MCsea

huredriel thanks for joining in!
I could NEARLY see every symbol but IM just going to list the biggies here (over time)

I think if one movie can incorporate so many symbols that the deeper meaning of every symbol can be clearly seen - it must resonate in our subconscious and have a profound affect... maybe... ;)

MARINA
PS more to come from me - but - anyone reading this thread please add the BIGGIES you saw in the movie too

MCsea

Mining - that was a big theme..

Libra 12
Birthdays: October 4th–6th
Numerology: 192
Sabian Symbol: Miners emerging from a mine
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Escape
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Left renal system
Crystal Element: Azurite-Malachite
Expression: Azurite and Malachite are blue- and green-coloured copper carbonates. The Azurite-Malachite blend opens the way to realizing the unknown.
Sun Focus: You have an uncanny ability to uncover essential truths; you shed light on issues from which others hide.
Affirmation: I am prepared to work hard and claim the rewards.

Im not completely anti mining actually - may sound strange IM all for improved techniques and obviously negotiating with people who OWN the land BEFORE starting and trying very hard to 'get it right' anyway...

Libra 26
Birthdays: October 19th–20th
Numerology: 206
Sabian Symbol: An eagle and a large white dove turning one into the other
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Adeptness
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Vascular system of skin
Crystal Element: Spectrolite
Expression: Spectrolite is a type of Labradorite with strong iridescence. Spectrolite enhances the integration within the psyche between the conscious and unconscious.
Message: Sensational balancing and transformation processes.
Sun Focus: You temper determination with love, and your expert skills focus people on their life path.
Affirmation: I choose freedom and peace in this current situation.

Thats my last one - I have decided there are SO MANY sabian symbols too many to list - where and how... needless to say I can see sabian symbols everywhere :)

thanks
MARINA

Elven

Ah, Marina & Huredriel :)

I havent seen the movie yet! As soon as I do I can post!

Great idea for a thread MCsea!

Cheers
Elven x

sdh3

Avatar-the movies and the sabian symbols

The movie Avatar is built on the following five pointed star:

Leo 28: Many little birds on the limb of a large tree.
Aries 04: Two lovers strolling through a secluded walk.
Scorpio 10: A fellowship supper.
Gemini 16: A woman suffragist haranguing.
Capricorn 22: A general accepting defeat gracefully.

thoughtfully
sdh3

MCsea said:
Hey

I saw the movie Avatar and I LOVED IT (for ohh so many reasons) anyway I know many people did NOT like it cause it was too simple- the messages too obvious etc.. well I saw heaps of sabian symbols in the movie - and I thought MAYBE we could delve into those symbols and see where it leads us - is it more than good vs bad, greenies vs miners, healthy vs sick, addicted vs organic, aliens vs natives OR is there MORE?!

So please join in - if you saw the move OR even if you didnt you may feel there are sabian symbols you would expect - see how many we get...
and what they might help us learn...

MARINA

MCsea

THANK YOU - that is awesome..
many people I know didnt like avatar I think they got stuck in the 'obvious' themese - thank you for your post!
Marina