An Animal Tarot Deck - black and white fantasy

cardlady22

Personally, I like (and would want) both b&w and color. But if it had to be a single choice- the black & white!

Saffi

Thanks for your input :) I also prefer the black and white deck, but the colours do make it feel a bit more... accessible? I will order a coloured version for myself to show people the artwork (when I finish it; it's about halfway done now), but I'm going to stick with the black and white one for actual readings.

Also, thanks so much to anyone ordering a deck :D I'm so amazed that some people actually want to buy my art, haha!

I do have to warn you that the box art is pretty bad - I will have to get on to designing a more stylish box...

truelighth

Question, I saw that if I ordered this deck from gamecrafter, I would end up paying just as much as the deck on shipping: $19.95. But I am wondering, how much would shipping be if someone ordered several decks in the US and then send one out to me. How much would that really save? Because I probably would like to be included to these bulk orders from cardlady or Saffi or whoever is doing that. But if it doesn't make much difference, then I may just go ahead anyway.

gregory

Question, I saw that if I ordered this deck from gamecrafter, I would end up paying just as much as the deck on shipping: $19.95. But I am wondering, how much would shipping be if someone ordered several decks in the US and then send one out to me. How much would that really save? Because I probably would like to be included to these bulk orders from cardlady or Saffi or whoever is doing that. But if it doesn't make much difference, then I may just go ahead anyway.

It saves significantly ! I know this. cardlady's order has already gone in. Her postage to me for two decks (and one had stuff with it that meant it had to be a BIG box !) was $13. When I had one sent to me on its own from the US, it kicked in at $6.95, as I recall.

But be thankful. That $19.95 does at least mean they are back to USPS first class instead of $40 priority being the only choice !

Saffi

truelighth: I'm in the UK so I can't save you any money on postage; last time I checked, the only option I had was the $40 priority. I did manage to get the $13 postage before, but they seem to change it randomly...

However, I have found another site printerstudio.com that prints playing cards on demand, but I have to order them myself rather than letting other people buy them directly. The postage is cheaper - although will take longer - and if anyone wants me to do that, please PM me with your address! :D

Note: I haven't tried printerstudio yet and I don't know how good the quality of the printing will be.

gregory

Yup - postage is back to $38.85 again :( I did buy ONE deck direct from them to the UK and they packed it in a SMALL box and it came fine at the lower rate. I wish they would get this sorted.... they seem to be getting very bad service form the US Postal service.

Maybe saffi could order A LOT to the UK and then sell on ?

truelighth

Yup - postage is back to $38.85 again :( I did buy ONE deck direct from them to the UK and they packed it in a SMALL box and it came fine at the lower rate. I wish they would get this sorted.... they seem to be getting very bad service form the US Postal service.

Maybe saffi could order A LOT to the UK and then sell on ?

Interesting! I just checked and shipping to the Netherlands remains at $19.99 and not $40. Maybe I should just go ahead and order while this is the shipping cost... :D. I wonder why there is such a difference between the UK and the Netherlands.

*edited* And forget it, my shipping cost also went up. I should read the invoice better. I will most definately not order directly now.

gregory

The Game Crafter joined this forum and is aware of the problem. If you send them a pm or e-mail they might be able to help.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=170746

Believe me, we have all been in touch with them - here and by email - I have personally for MONTHS now. It's infuriating. To them too. The oddest bit (for me) was the day I ordered a deck from them with the $19 to the UK option (still not the best they could have got, as cardlady - who mailed TWO on for me for $13 and change in a small box that anyone can buy at the post office!!! can tell you) and within hours it was back with the only option for the UK as the $40 one - for the same deck to the same place. :( They say it is something that the US Post Office has automated. Well - the US Post office must be...

Excuse me. I don't want to be blanked with asterisks...

ETA - AH - I see the same just happened to truelighth. That's what is so weirdly deranged. How can the US Post Office's automatised system change by halving and doubling the price every 30 seconds ? When they DID mail one to me for $19, it was in a box they had apparently put together themselves (much folding and tape etc - NOT a bought in box !) and it was fine. But why they don't just buy in a load of those flat rate priority boxes defeats me. As cardlady said - here or in the other thread - you can get THREE of their decks into one of those, for $16.95. :confused: (*as long as one isn't the Iowan's...*)

cardlady22

No one at my post office seems permitted or able to talk about things specifically, but there are many changes afoot. Pricing as well as processing & retail location closings. When I was there yesterday, there were a few customers confused & concerned about changes in size/weight limits- all the clerks were calling back & forth to each other trying to verify. :rolleyes: