Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

baba-prague

LOL - no dog decks! I do like dogs, but I don't think a dog deck quite works for me somehow. Who knows though, maybe one day? In fact we may have a break from decks and move on to books for a year or so. We have in mind a couple of books for next year that we really want to do.

BTW, we got our postcards today and we decided we will sell some of these packs to recoup some of the print costs (we have done them for American Book Expo, but it would help if we can also sell some). I'm still trying to work out the right price. Do you think $4 including airmail postage sounds okay? (for six art printed postcards - and they are large and on heavy card so very frameable - the quality is terrific).
Because they are a small print run and really well printed they cost a lot, so I think any less than that might be silly - especially by the time we put them in a padded envelope and airmail them - as ever, it's the postage costs that add a lot.

Sneak preview here, but the "click to buy" doesn't yet work:

http://www.bohemian-cats.com/postcards.html

I'd be really interested in your thoughts.

We also have a full-colour printed panorama now, but I don't think it's appropriate to sell these, we just plan to give some away.

ncefafn

I love them, Karen. I'd especially like to frame the 7 of Pents and hang it in my bedroom. I have patio doors that look out onto the small garden I've been creating, so that little cat-gardener really speaks to me.

Kim

HudsonGray

Walgreens (about the cheapest place to buy everyday items) has their postcards priced at $1.25 each. I think $4 for 6 cards is too low, you should raise it to at least $6 especially as they're the large size.

baba-prague

Hi Hudson. Well you may be right. They are honestly gorgeous. As ever, Alex sat with the printers until they got it perfect. The print is great (now more than ever I want to do a super-sized deck at some point) and they are way good enough to frame.

Well, I've made the ordering live (ever so rough though - we need to get a cart on the site really - right now it is secure but a bit fiddly I think) so we'll see what happens. Currently it comes out at under $4 including postage which means we make a grand total of about 50 cents profit, so maybe it is a bit absurd!

I'll leave it like it is for tonight but sleep on it and maybe rethink. Postcards are cheap in Prague (but they are only the small, cheaply printed sort) so maybe I have a bit of a false impression.

Thanks as ever for the good, sensible advice.

Kim - I'm very fond of this little gardener myself. Sweetest looking cat. He does sort of sum up a lot of the satisfaction of gardening - well, we hope so anyway.

le pendu

Hi Baba-Prague,

$6 is WAY too low. Franky, I'd pay twice that and I bet others would too. $2 per card is nothing, especially for a limited printing.

I'll check back tomorrow to see if you've established your price, I certainly plan on making my purchase!

robert

Gardener

I'm with Robertmealing - I'd pay $12 easy! Fancy postcards in the States can cost around $3 each, even the Hallmark standards seem to run around $1.50 each, so I think you'd have a very strong response if you offered them between $6 and $10 for the set.

Now when you say "giving away" the panoramas, what exactly do you mean????????? How can I put this politely? I want one, pretty please gimme gimme gimmeeeeeee. Um, I mean, Please?

HudsonGray

I'm slipping in the drool Gardener is slavering over there (down girl! LOL)--but she has a point. If you're *um* 'giving' them away......I think there are takers on this board.

Astra

I third (or fourth?) the previous comments. Double or triple the price before you even start thinking about selling them! Limited edition framing quality postcards? Hmph! Odds are NONE of them ever get sent out.

Free panoramas? Putting it quite bluntly, I'd be willing to lay out $40 or so on Zazzle for a quality print of one of them if you ever posted them, but if you're offering them, well, the puddle of drool that's quickly accumulating on the Forum floor is partly mine...

baba-prague

THANKS - and first postcard order on its way :)

So. We will put up the price of the postcards (a bit, not hugely). Yes, I guess it is crazy not to - especially as there won't be many packs available. But if anyone here has ordered already, then the low price stands - as thanks for your advice.

We will also with pleasure send out some free panoramas (it IS only a promo card when it comes down to it - though beautifully printed) - but I think we'll have to limit it to a dozen or so. Two are already taken (from last week in fact as two people already asked) and I think with the people who have already said here that they would like one, that leaves four or so that are up for grabs?

One day, we will try to get some of these printed really large. The postcards have just convinced me of how good that would be.

le pendu

Hi Baba Prague,

If there are any panaramas left, I'd love to have one!

robert