Study Group- Natal/Birth Charts

econdude

I was curious about this too- I don't have access to my birth time either- how could I go about making a chart and how accurate would it be?

New to this game, but interested in learning :)

Amy
January 20, 1973
Latrobe, PA 15650 USA

Thanks!

Ideally, obtain a birth time from a birth certificate. Secondarily, obtain information about your birth time from family members (eg, were you born in the afternoon, early morning, etc.). Your chart could be rectified, but almost no one would be willing to do that for free. It's also not 100% reliable.

Tcareccia

Hi Amy! ! Im toni and in Pittsburgh. :) just figured I'd say hello since we are so close!

I love astrology!! Its so interesting

CaliforniaTarot

Question about Sun and Ascendant

I'm a Cancer Ascendant/Rising, Taurus sun and Capricorn moon (moon is not really important in this question for me though). I always watch YouTube monthly and yearly horoscopes for my ascendant as opposed to my sun, BUT I was wondering if I should watch the horoscope for my sun sign too. I just watched a 2015 overview for next year for Cancer and then decided to check out Taurus too, and I realized that the horoscope theme of money being important next year was accentuated in both even though Taurus is Earth and Cancer is Water and not even similar. That made me wonder if maybe my Taurus SUN is an important horoscope to watch for. However, I don't know how to go about reading my chart to transition Taurus to the Ascendant. As a Cancer rising my Taurus sun rules my 11th house of friends, so I'd have to move it two steps to get to the 1st house, thus moving my whole chart around. I don't know how I'd go about looking for love, money, work etc with Taurus rising. Help???

Minderwiz

I'm a Cancer Ascendant/Rising, Taurus sun and Capricorn moon (moon is not really important in this question for me though). I always watch YouTube monthly and yearly horoscopes for my ascendant as opposed to my sun, BUT I was wondering if I should watch the horoscope for my sun sign too. I just watched a 2015 overview for next year for Cancer and then decided to check out Taurus too, and I realized that the horoscope theme of money being important next year was accentuated in both even though Taurus is Earth and Cancer is Water and not even similar. That made me wonder if maybe my Taurus SUN is an important horoscope to watch for. However, I don't know how to go about reading my chart to transition Taurus to the Ascendant. As a Cancer rising my Taurus sun rules my 11th house of friends, so I'd have to move it two steps to get to the 1st house, thus moving my whole chart around. I don't know how I'd go about looking for love, money, work etc with Taurus rising. Help???

That's not an easy question to answer but I can give some general pointers and background information that might be helpful.

Horoscopes in the popular sense are constructed on the assumption that you were born around Sunrise. That means that the reading assumes your Ascendant and Sun sign are the same. That's the only way that twelve general readings can be produced from a reality where there are 144 combinations of possibilities. Add in the moon and the total goes up to 1728. As you can see the number of combinations could be raised still further by allowing for the other planets. However no-one, no matter how interested they are in Astrology is going to work their way through several hundred thousand horoscopes which would be of book length or even several volumes.

Now the twelve houses are used, even in the most simple Ascendant=Sun sign they are important. So with your Cancer Ascendant your second house becomes Leo and your eighth house (the one that covers other people's money) is Aquarius. Note that the Whole Sign House system is used for such horoscopes.

If you look at your Taurus horoscope it assumes that your second house is Gemini and your eighth house is Sagittarius. The horoscope interpretation is constructed by looking at which planets are transiting through those signs for the period of the prediction. So in simple terms Venus or Jupiter transiting your second house should indicate good things (subject to there being no adverse aspects) and Mars or Saturn transiting them is interpreted as not so good things happening. The reading can be amended for eclipses or lunations, planets turning retrograde etc. So actually all the planets may play a role in your horoscope although the short reading may not make that clear.

Usually an annual horoscope will give a reading simply by rolling those transits forward from January month by month through to December. At the moment Jupiter and Saturn are approaching a square. The cycles of these two planets are sometimes linked to the business and economic cycle. At the moment Jupiter is in Leo your second house, using the Cancer Ascendant, Saturn is in Scorpio which is your fifth house using the Cancer Ascendant but your seventh using a Taurus Ascendant. What's more Saturn is in late Scorpio and will move into Sagittarius, your eighth house using a Taurus Ascendant. So both your money houses will be active, the Second in your Cancer chart, the eighth in your Taurus chart.

Now I haven't taken into account eclipses and other lunations but I think that Jupiter/Saturn square is what colours the money matters in both charts. Especially as they both have significant retrograde periods before the square is perfected on August 3. Saturn will ingress into Sagittarius and then retrograde back into Scorpio where the square is perfected and the move into Sagittarius again

At its most simple, I'd say that using the reading for your Cancer Ascendant is likely to be better but given the simplifications involved in producing the basic horoscope even that is bound to ignore a lot of important factors (all your natal planets but the Sun are ignored entirely and the reading is done solely off transits) and it's quite possible in individual cases that the Sun Sign Ascendant approach might be better but we are talking about the difference between two highly flawed approaches.

Ruby Jewel

Free Chart

Anyone can get an instant free chart done at astrolabe.com/free chart.

Ruby Jewel

MY Details

June 2/1969
7:30pm
Beirut, Lebanon

I did my chart at astro.com but I am having trouble putting it here
Help please
I m not very technology friendly ;)

Use copy and paste to paste the link here and anyone can bring the chart up.