What Cards Have You Had For Certain Events?

Pique Dame

Pique Dame - I'm sorry to hear that. I also would not have thought that something like that would be the case for those cards.
Here is something out of left field...was your friend who didn't like the way he looked in the picture standing next to the person who passed away? There are some people who can look at pictures and tell automatically if the person is still here or not. Maybe your friend has those abilities (acknowledged or not) and what he was really responding to was actual death being so near him???
If that was the case, I suppose someone might see actual death in those cards in that particular situation...

Yes, he was standing right next to him. It was actually just the 3 of us in that picture. It was taken at a bar on New Years Eve so they were a bit fuzzy and blurry and we were acting silly. He asked me to delete them the following Tuesday saying he "looks wasted" and then the other guy passed away suddenly yesterday morning. Everyone in the picture was very much alive when the request to delete was made so I don't know about sensing death or anything. When he asked me to delete them, it felt like the death card because I was really hurt that he didn't like them and didn't agree with his request to take them down. I get wands a lot for social media and other things that take place online, so I saw the 3 of Wands rx as removing the post (guy watching the ships takes down the wands he's put up so they aren't displayed to the public anymore) and death = deleted, gone, plus my hurt feelings over the request. But now there's been an actual death of one of the people in one of the photos so I felt it worth mentioning.

Enlightenment23

I thought I'd add these two

10 of Pentacles: A friend of mine wanted to ask me if this new thing she's trying to make her nose thinner is working. I took the 10 of Pentacles to mean, "Nope! The structure of you nose is embedded in your DNA and there's no changing it!"

The Knight of Pentacles: How a family member felt about the snowboots I got her. Built to last, sturdy, and dependable for wintry weather.

Silverbells

Pique Dame Again, it's a blow when somebody you know dies and I hope that you are dealing with it in the best way possible.

I get wands a lot for social media and other things that take place online, so I saw the 3 of Wands rx as removing the post (guy watching the ships takes down the wands he's put up so they aren't displayed to the public anymore) and death = deleted, gone, plus my hurt feelings over the request. But now there's been an actual death of one of the people in one of the photos so I felt it worth mentioning.

My theory was that your friend was seeing something in the picture that was below his "consciousness" ie. not consciously manifest, and that something was actual death. I'm not good with reversals at all but if 3 of wands is concrete investment - something expected and coming that has been actualized because of conscious effort - then maybe "reversed" could be (in this case) something that is definitely seen coming but not manifest or actualized by the person that the three of wands (rx) represents. That was my thinking.

Pique Dame

Pique Dame Again, it's a blow when somebody you know dies and I hope that you are dealing with it in the best way possible.
It's sad and it was a hard goodbye for my bf who knew him well for many years but I'm OK. I mostly just feel the weight of grief for the guy's family and gf who are without him now.

My theory was that your friend was seeing something in the picture that was below his "consciousness" ie. not consciously manifest, and that something was actual death. I'm not good with reversals at all but if 3 of wands is concrete investment - something expected and coming that has been actualized because of conscious effort - then maybe "reversed" could be (in this case) something that is definitely seen coming but not manifest or actualized by the person that the three of wands (rx) represents. That was my thinking.
Interesting. Hard to say. This guy had some health issues and it seems they were much more severe than thought. I can't say for sure if his imminent death was sensed energetically but I pulled a card to ask why he wanted them deleted and got 3 of cups, which would support his reasons being that he "looked drunk" in them.

Silverbells

It's sad and it was a hard goodbye for my bf who knew him well for many years but I'm OK. I mostly just feel the weight of grief for the guy's family and gf who are without him now.

Thank you for being open :heart:

Interesting. Hard to say. This guy had some health issues and it seems they were much more severe than thought. I can't say for sure if his imminent death was sensed energetically but I pulled a card to ask why he wanted them deleted and got 3 of cups, which would support his reasons being that he "looked drunk" in them.

Thank you for the follow-up and feedback. :)

mary_leo

Great thread!

I believe this thread is luckily going to be endless! Loved to read all the possible meanings, such a great way of sharing and learning.

10 of cups - I don't particularly like this card. I got it for a friend who was just starting a new relationship and they were just passed the point of "we're on a serious relationship" phase and he pulled it for the outcome and the guy actually broke up with him 2 weeks later. And on another spread I did for myself, I got this card on the negative aspects and it meant that whatever he felt was the max that he could feel for me.

5 of wands - Always meant arguments on my spreads.

page of pentacles - meant a relationship that needed to develop the physical aspect and in the end it did, also meant holding someone or something as the object of attention

Judgement - To me it meant that an old lover that turned into a friend was thinking about having a relationship and we are currently going out, nothing serious though.

Namastê, Mary

Enlightenment23

I believe this thread is luckily going to be endless! Loved to read all the possible meanings, such a great way of sharing and learning.

10 of cups - I don't particularly like this card. I got it for a friend who was just starting a new relationship and they were just passed the point of "we're on a serious relationship" phase and he pulled it for the outcome and the guy actually broke up with him 2 weeks later. And on another spread I did for myself, I got this card on the negative aspects and it meant that whatever he felt was the max that he could feel for me.

5 of wands - Always meant arguments on my spreads.

page of pentacles - meant a relationship that needed to develop the physical aspect and in the end it did, also meant holding someone or something as the object of attention

Judgement - To me it meant that an old lover that turned into a friend was thinking about having a relationship and we are currently going out, nothing serious though.

Namastê, Mary

Really interesting take on the 10 of Cups. I find that card to throw me off sometimes, so I'll give your own experience with the card a thought if I ever get stuck on it :)

I definitely can relate to the other two cards. 5 of Wands can pop up as an argument, a healthy debate, or witty banter.

Page of Pentacles has meant someone has an interest in touching the other *wink, wink* and definitely a curiosity about the person. :)

Enlightenment23

To add a few more ...

3 of Wands Rx: Feeling as if I just can't see a long-term future with a current love interest. I've also seen this card to represent a long distance relationship that might be a little burdenous for the querent.

Judgement: Having the craving to start afresh and anew, wanting to just "cleanse" myself of unhealthy attachments and start on clean slate.

Knight of Pentacles: When I asked whether I would end up going to a party, turns out this card means "no." It means staying put and not making any "risky" moves. Being stubborn and refusing to be swayed by friends persuading me to come out.

Marsy

To add a few more ...

3 of Wands Rx: Feeling as if I just can't see a long-term future with a current love interest. I've also seen this card to represent a long distance relationship that might be a little burdenous for the querent.

Judgement: Having the craving to start afresh and anew, wanting to just "cleanse" myself of unhealthy attachments and start on clean slate.

Knight of Pentacles: When I asked whether I would end up going to a party, turns out this card means "no." It means staying put and not making any "risky" moves. Being stubborn and refusing to be swayed by friends persuading me to come out.

I've had the knight of pentacles come up no a lot for me to in recent reading, even in a career reading which I'm so happy I didn't tell the person they got the job because turns out they decided not to move forward with them. So I certainly see it as not moving forward strongly now.

crystalrose

Really interesting take on the 10 of Cups. I find that card to throw me off sometimes, so I'll give your own experience with the card a thought if I ever get stuck on it :)

The 10 of Cups is one of those cards that annoy me. It's never happiness and joy. I've usually pulled it for either an unrealistic happily ever after fantasy that won't come true, or an end to a happy situation. The glory days are over, time to move on. I would love to become an optimist about that card but nah.