Gilded Tarot - 79th Card

sunflowr

What would you have, as your 79th card, if you were getting the Gilded Tarot? This thread is for fantasy, of course. But it's fun to dream. I'd have my quote, "Angels Believe in You", and/or a picture of someone inspirational to me in my goals of getting into doing comedy writing/improv. So maybe I'd have John Ritter on mine. He is sorta like my "Angel" and a big inspiration to me. Or I'd have a drawing of an Angel.

What/Who would you have depicted on your 79th card?

lunakasha

Thanks for starting this thread, sunflowr! :D

I am looking forward to hearing about everyone's "dream card".....

I would also encourage anyone who already has a 79th card to tell us a little bit about how you decided on yours, and what it means to you....

:) Luna

OakDragon

Here's a link to my card again, for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=305832

It shows a picture of me, taken by my father when I was four, holding a toy guitar. It symbolizes to me the creativity, carefree spirit, fresh outlook, playfulness, spontaneity, and cheerful nature of childhood, which I wish I displayed more often as an adult. I wanted the card to be something that I could see as deep and meaningful, to add a useful card for readings, to give the deck an extra, personal dimension.

lunakasha

OakDragon said:
It symbolizes to me the creativity, carefree spirit, fresh outlook, playfulness, spontaneity, and cheerful nature of childhood, which I wish I displayed more often as an adult. I wanted the card to be something that I could see as deep and meaningful, to add a useful card for readings, to give the deck an extra, personal dimension.

Thanks Oakie....

That is really beautiful....what a wonderful idea...taking a childhood photo and using it as a reminder of spirited youth....thanks for sharing something very personal with all of us! :)

Well....for me the idea was also to find something meaningful to represent me on this card. Since I did not want to use an actual photo, I was thinking more along the lines of symbolic imagery, and my focus was on my own spiritual journey....what has gotten me to this point, and where am I heading now???

I would like to share my 79th card here, as OakDragon did....

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to hearing from others, either about your "dream card" or actual 79th card....how would each of you want to see yourself represented as part of this deck???

:D Luna

janstar17

I think it is lucky that I can't "spring" for a special edition GT right now!! I'd never be able to settle on what my 79th card should be. I could see it becoming an obsession to find the very best image.

Oakdragon's use of a childhood picture is brillant, of course, and I'd like to have a little of that childlike spirit back. LOL But I think I'd lean towards Luna's thinking...something symbolic that emphasized where I am now.

dolphinprincess

If I had the $$ for LE Gilded Tarot, my 79th card would be the *beautiful* 'Dolphinprincess' dolphin print that Ciro so generously emailed me :D :D He's the best!

Mimers

I know what I would use. There is a picture I have of my Father about a year before he passed away. He had cancer and was in remission, so he set out to do as much as he could while he was able. It was the summer of 1976 and we went hiking up this mountain in the Hudson Valley called Anthony's Nose.

The picture is of my Father at the top of the mountain looking out over the beautiful view. My Mom took a picture. I remember this moment because he started to cry. I asked him why he was crying and he told me, "Mimi, I thought I would never see this again" (per the doctors, he should have been dead already)

Whenever I think life sucks, this image pops into my head and helps me realize life is not so bad and to live each day to the fullest. At the bottom of the card it would read, "Capture All the Joys of Life"

Mimi

dolphinprincess

Mimers.. that is awesome! Thanks for sharing.. :D

janstar17

Mimers said:
I know what I would use. There is a picture I have of my...of my Father at the top of the mountain looking out over the beautiful view...I remember this moment because he started to cry. I asked him why he was crying and he told me, "Mimi, I thought I would never see this again" (per the doctors, he should have been dead already)

Whenever I think life sucks, this image pops into my head and helps me realize life is not so bad and to live each day to the fullest. At the bottom of the card it would read, "Capture All the Joys of Life"

Mimi

That would be a beautiful image!! It is those life alternating moments that resonant, that we use to build the rest of our life around. We never know when those moments will present themselves but it is our responsible to embrace them and hold them dear always.

If if you aren't able to purchase a special edition deck (please know you are in good company if you can't!! LOL) you should get a duplicate of that picture and keep it with your copy of the GT, Mimi. It will empower it for you, I'm sure!!

Cerulean

I like this image the best.

A tribute to a personal moment by Oakdragon:

It shows a picture of me, taken by my father when I was four, holding a toy guitar. It symbolizes to me the creativity, carefree spirit, fresh outlook, playfulness, spontaneity, and cheerful nature of childhood, which I wish I displayed more often as an adult. I wanted the card to be something that I could see as deep and meaningful, to add a useful card for readings, to give the deck an extra, personal dimension.

Something about spontaneous moments captured, tarotwise, makes for great dimensions to a deck. I remember one of the aeclectic.net decks cards by someone who did something similar with his son (page or five of swords?) and it was one of my favorites.

Take care,

Cerulean Mari