> Not vanishing into light
> Not merely partially revealed
> Not stuck in stone

Keep Searching!
*jpt

Summerdream

More Broken Swords

Hi Jpt,

Ok, see broken swords in the 5, 7, and 10 of air, the 4 of fire and the stallion of matter. For a total of 5 broken swords.

Momof3girls:)

SongDeva

deleted duplicate post

SongDeva

1. No wonder few of you have commented on the Three of Water in the new TDP study thread, what with contest central happening here! LOL

2. Momof3girls, you are on *fire*!

3. Figures I only discover this when I get to work and don't have the blessed deck with me. Sheesh!!!

4. The irony of the first contest is that the 8 of fire is perhaps my favorite card.

contrascarpe

SongDeva said:
1. No wonder few of you have commented on the Three of Water in the new TDP study thread, what with contest central happening here! LOL

SongDeva -

They will come ......

In the meantime, perhaps it is time to add another card. I will look tonight when I get to my destination and post another one for the group. The 8 of Fire sounds like a good one to me, although I hate to jump the gun - this thread was started by FairieStorm and perhaps he should have some input - my intent was not to take over the group.

Also, when are you going to get the Bruegel? I posted the first card for that study group. We have one followup already who saw alot more than I did - that is one deck which will take quite awhile to analyze.

Dan

SongDeva

contrascarpe96 said:
SongDeva -
this thread was started by FairieStorm and perhaps he should have some input - my intent was not to take over the group.

Also, when are you going to get the Bruegel? I posted the first card for that study group. We have one followup already who saw alot more than I did - that is one deck which will take quite awhile to analyze.

Dan

How could I stand up to pressure like that? Just ordered it on Overstock. *Completely* your fault. ;) Hey, denial is healthy right?

Per Fairiestorm and the TDP, I don't think he/she has posted since the initial post. I wouldn't worry about it, although if he/she is still around, he/she/it might like to participate!

FaerieStorm

Fleur-de-lys, etc.

I was wondering what significance the fleur-de-lys carried for JPT because it appears throughout the deck several times. Every ace has one, along with some of the Majors, etc.

I also was wondering what the significance of the Matter symbol is, and why JPT decided to use it instead of the traditional Pentacle. Furthermore, do the 8 points represent something specific, or is this just a symbol that JPT found while photographing for the deck?

I also find it curious that JPT chose NOT to use the 8 pointed symbol in the 2 of Matter, while choosing to use it throughout the rest of the suit of Matter.

contrascarpe

JPT can correct me if I am wrong, but I would imagine the use of these symbols was to give this deck its own identity by including things which are uniquely French/Parisian.

The Fleur-de-Lis is evident of that and the Pentacles, if memory serves me right (I do not have the cards in front of me) bear the symbol of the Sun King, Louis XIV.

Of course, I am probably way off base but as a closet Francophile (no, that's not obscene), I would like to think I am close :)

contrascarpe

Oops, just noticed on the website (by the way JPT, nice looking site!) that the symbol I was thinking was the Sun God is actually Fire, not Matter, which makes sense.

I like the Matter symbolism in this deck - the traditional RWS pentagram has worn thin on me.

Summerdream

Hi Guys!

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite card is? Mine is definately the Ace of Swords.....it looks so magical in the clouds like that. It feels like I could be standing there in person and that probably is the closest I'll come to Paris....lol.

Momof3girls:)))