What deck is this? Collage style art deck. Distant Past Tarot

Michellehihi

I'm happy to be a bad influence too. This deck is spectacular. I have two of the BIG maxi-sized ones. Quite apart from the fabulous collaging and intoxicating backgrounds it has these calming, dreamy aquamarine touches which really make it something else when you have it in the hand. And when you spread all the cards out it just feels so exquisitely blue. And it reads beautifully and - well - just everything!

Stop it Le Fanu! I'm not to succomb to this!
But seriously, compared to the Golden tarot or the touchstone, how would you rate it?

Barleywine

But seriously, compared to the Golden tarot or the touchstone, how would you rate it?

Me either! I just spent almost $50 on another deck and can't - won't - do it again so soon. But still, as Homer Simpson might well say "Mmmmmm . . . blue!" I always was a sucker for that Maxfield Parrish vibe.

jewel22

hi all,
yes, that's my deck- The Distant Past Tarot -
I had never thought of the queen of cups pointing at her lady bits,
that is a new take on the card! lol
I love hearing how the deck reads for others!
Thank you all for your support of this deck!!!!
:) :) :)
ps. you can also purchase on my website listed in my signature below, as well as etsy. :)

Le Fanu

better than both! Much less sober, much less brown, much more intoxicating!

Cocobird55

It's beautiful. On my list of decks to buy when I get paid.

Laura Borealis

hi all,
yes, that's my deck- The Distant Past Tarot -
I had never thought of the queen of cups pointing at her lady bits,
that is a new take on the card! lol
I love hearing how the deck reads for others!
Thank you all for your support of this deck!!!!
:) :) :)
ps. you can also purchase on my website listed in my signature below, as well as etsy. :)

It's a beautiful deck :heart: Of all the fine art collage decks, it's the one that appeals to me most.

CharlotteK

I don't have the Touchstone but I have the Golden Tarot and the Distant Past is SO, SO much nicer, hands down winner.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Michellehihi

I don't have the Touchstone but I have the Golden Tarot and the Distant Past is SO, SO much nicer, hands down winner.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

OK you win, I'm down on my knees...

Laura Borealis

I like the looks of her Second Nature tarot too (in progress). You can see a few cards on her site and Facebook. It's quirkier, less fine art and more illustration art style. I would prefer titles more like the Distant Past (banners in the image instead of bars across the bottom) but that's a personal preference.

Lee

I don't have the Distant Past, but judging from the available online scans, I would say that while it looks like a very pretty and attractive deck, it doesn't come close to the Touchstone's thoughtfulness, nuance, and depth. That doesn't necessarily make the Touchstone better in all situations. There are times when I just want a nice, pleasant deck to read with, and the Distant Past looks like it would serve that purpose for me admirably. But the Touchstone, brown though it may be, gives me a lot more to sink my teeth into.