Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 2 - #152

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 2
Number: 152

Symbol: A LARGE WHITE CROSS DOMINATING THE LANDSCAPE STANDS ALONE ON THE TOP OF A HILL.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 312

tink27

I remember this symbol in an oracle reading exchange which I drew for someone. I spoke of detachment, of strengthening the will of ‘standing still’ at the top of one’s hill.

Last night I watched The Pursuit of Happyness. It seems so fitting so for this symbol. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454921/

It was if we were watching the mystery of the crucifixion being reenacted and instead of succumbing to this fate, Will Smith fought back with all his might. He didn’t allow one brief moment to overshadow his life or his spirit. He clung to the conviction that nothing and nobody could put out his spark that alone shone within him. Although outside forces said otherwise, Chris Gardner and his son were able to withstand greater and greater tensions from others. They endured hardships and pain, but together they learned the importance that nothing is done in a hurry and that the pursuit of happiness is something we work progressively towards, patiently and regularly. Never once did he stop nurturing and caring for his son even though constrictions and obligations continually weighed him down.

I think with this symbol we can resist change by clinging to old ways. Chris Gardner was for a time in denial. There were changes and turning points in his relationships. And this went beyond love relationships…….it can be applied to any one on one relationship in our life, whether they be customers, clients, mates, business partners or open enemies.

Will Smith helped his son through their transformation by providing guidance when it was most needed. There was a turning point in the way in which he saw the importance of material values in his life. There were breakthroughs and dissolutions of existing contracts such as his self-employment, marriage, his home etc…..

His idealistic goals were filled with high expectations and he worked towards these diligently and with the greatest of integrity. His intentions regarding responsibility were of the highest moral order and still he acknowledged and listened to the validity of another person’s point of view. But he stood his ground at all costs. He never undermined his spirit or his son’s. Through his many limitations he learned to listen to his intuition, he learned discipline, structure and manifestation.

tink :love:

tink27

The meridians of the body are yin and yang. The heart meridian (yin) and the intestional meridian (yang) are associated with each other.

This quote is from a fascinating site and that works on the meridians and the chakras of the body. It's contains a wealth of knowlege!

http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/Organs Of The Fire Meridian.html

Known as the 'Minister of Reception', the small intestine receives partially digested food from the stomach and further refines it, separating 'the pure from the impure', then assimilating the purified nutrients and moving the impure wastes onwards to the large intestine for elimination. Associated with the heart by Fire energy, the small intestine controls the more basic emotions, as reflected in the Chinese term duan chang ('broken intestines'), which is equivalent to the English term 'broken heart'. Its energy meridian runs into the head, where it influences the function of the pituitary gland, the 'master gland' whose secretions regulate growth, metabolism, immunity, sexuality, and the entire endocrine system.

tink :love:

purple_scorp

Hi tink,

oh cool, you got to watch it. My very favourite scene is where he is down to his last five dollars and the company CEO pulls up in a taxi and has left his wallet upstairs. He asks Will Smith for a loan and without question, Will hands it over to the cabbie.

The eternal optimist - a truly inspiring movie.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

HI :)

Thank for you for your posts! I love the pic!

I see this symbol as a SIGN - all sorts of signs - sign posts pillars that sort of thing - something to take notice of - I ahve not seen the movie in the pursuit of Happyness - yet!

Summary -
Virgo 2
Birthdays: August 23rd–24th
Numerology: 152
Sabian Symbol: A large, white cross upraised.
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Glorification
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Small intestine
Crystal Element: White Gold
Expression: White Gold is a metallic alloy. White Gold supports the collective ascension process, providing a continual flow of light, alchemically transformational.
Message: Radiant beauty, honour and admiration. Meditate with the divine.
Sun Focus: Positive reputation and personal integrity set you apart from others in a distinctive way.
Affirmation: Rejoice, rejoice, and again I say rejoice.

:)