True Black Tarot: Humanity as artifacts of our beliefs

Arthurdubya

THE TIME IS DRAWING NEARER

In preparation for making my Kickstarter video, I want to ask you all: What questions do you have for me regarding this deck? I want to understand what concerns and questions my audience might have so I can make a little "FAQ" section of my video to address potential feedback. Let me know!

Yarnzipan: Thank you so much! If you remember to add a little note at your pledge that you're from Aeclectic, I'll make sure to send a little something extra!

Arthurdubya

Following the news of Aeclectic's closing, if anyone wants to keep up-to-date with my deck's creation, please follow me on:

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/TrueBlackTarot/

KICKSTARTER: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/61940810/created

NEW TAROT FORUM: It looks like there's a lot of discussion of a mass-migration to a new tarot forum, and nearer to the day-of-close, I'll likely be following the crowd to wherever we collectively decide to go. I'll update the forum here when I find out!

I'm so incredibly sad to see this forum close, as you all have been so very helpful, and this has been such a great platform for sharing my work. I hope to keep in touch with you all elsewhere very soon!

Arthurdubya

8qwsGBW.jpg

Seven of Swords! A rat skulking in the shadows, daggers piercing a cloak, a clandestine strike in the dark. I've only got 2 cards left in the Swords suit!

Fun fact: This card originally had a bright red cloak that I wanted to symbolize aggression and blood with, but it turned out looking exceptionally regal, so I had to strike that :laugh:

Fee: I'm seeing some movement from people wanting to start their own forum site? I'm going to keep playing the waiting game to see what the "final decision" is from our group as a whole. Also, I have a present for you!

B0K91uW.jpg

theFeeLion

Ooo those are some great swords/daggers! I really like the back stabbing connotations of the 7ofS! Also kind of implies sneaky rats get their comeuppance.

Presents! I love presents! :D That looks much better with the olive branch :)

Arthurdubya

US9wkLU.jpg

Opposing forces, stalemate, refusal of the truth. The Two of Swords is a card that implores you to realize that your current situation requires action, even if the result isn't pretty.

A whitewater rafter once told me a parable: A man is heading down swift waters, and is confronted with a sudden fork in the path. To one side lies even rougher waters, and to the other was an uncertain end that nobody had explored, but straight in front of him was a rock outcropping that would certainly spell disaster.

Refusing to make a choice is still a choice, and sometimes it is the worst choice of all.

reall: You bet your bottom dollar I'll join up! I'm going to wait until this forum is closed though, so I can sign up to that as well as the other choices that others may have opted for all at the same time. :D

blue_fusion

You could also try joining all the new forums popping up :D That's my plan, so I can keep track of developments in the tarot world, but also so I can post my updates there. It's a bit more work, but, well, that's life. Right now, I'm just on Cartomancy (will look into the other new forums this weekend), and while it still does not have a specific deck creation sub forum, it's fairly established (been around for a couple of years), and admin is pretty laid back so you can maybe post a thread on your in-progress deck in the general tarot section. And it seems they're willing to expand sections when the needs arise.

Going back to topic - love the idea behind the 2oS - I like the crumbling touch at the bottom. Not a big fan of the patterns on the blades, though. They kinda lessen the impact of the digital realness of the style. Would also love to see a bit more bronze or gold (that yellow to orange metallic touch you put in the other cards) even if only for consistency's sake.

Looking forward to seeing this thread continued in one of the other forums.

-Ly

reall

reall: You bet your bottom dollar I'll join up! I'm going to wait until this forum is closed though, so I can sign up to that as well as the other choices that others may have opted for all at the same time. :D
Yey! happy to hear that!:)

Arthurdubya

blue_fusion: I had the same thought about the blade pattern, but these swords are actually modeled after Chinese Zhou dynasty swords, which had very geometrically perfect etchings in them:

http://chinahumanities.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/1/0/24108892/9954205.jpg?525

Being bronze swords, they ARE more saturated in color, but here I wanted the dimmer and more muted colors to emphasize the less-than-happy nature of the card. You're right though, in that I need to do something for consistency's sake. Perhaps I can make it more saturated in color near the top, and dim it down as the sword gets more and more fragmented!