Incense

thorhammer

HighPriestesss said:
I'm excited!! I just ordered me some Super Hit and Nag Champa!!
You go, girl! They're wonderful, as far as sticks go :)

I use sticks exclusively now - I used to go to the trouble of the disks and resin/powder combinations, but even though the smell is incredible, they're so much work!!! Not only that, but the disks always made me so terrified of setting fire to something . . . kind of defeated the purpose of having incense burning to relax with :laugh!

\m/ Kat

sleepingcat

I like Morning Star brand, they're short little sticks that come in a box with their own little ceramic tile stand. They don't have a stick core, they're all just a solid thing of incense which is nice because then you can break them in half if you only want half the time/fragrance ratio.

The pine is my fav. But I like how all the scents fill a room for a few hours then completely vanish. The scent doesn't seep into your clothes or furnishing and annoy people later.

souljourney

sleepingcat said:
I like Morning Star brand, they're short little sticks that come in a box with their own little ceramic tile stand. They don't have a stick core, they're all just a solid thing of incense which is nice because then you can break them in half if you only want half the time/fragrance ratio.

The pine is my fav. But I like how all the scents fill a room for a few hours then completely vanish. The scent doesn't seep into your clothes or furnishing and annoy people later.

It sounds like some of the Japenese incense we just started trying. Really like it, not overpowering.
Have to go find out the brands...

HearthCricket

Has anyone tried "Midnight" scented incense by the same makers of the red, white and blue Nag Champa? I purchased some last night and hope to burn some today. It smells...interesting! lol :D

Lilija

HearthCricket said:
Has anyone tried "Midnight" scented incense by the same makers of the red, white and blue Nag Champa? I purchased some last night and hope to burn some today. It smells...interesting! lol :D

I use that one, as well as Celestial, and Sunrise, though I'm running out. For the past few weeks, I've been using Midnight as my standard reading incense. I like how sweetly perfumed it is, and not as smoky as other kinds. I posted about it here, but the post dissapeared.

I was laughing about it, because in our local "New Age Center" it costs $6 a box...at the local "smoke shop" it costs $1.

Hathor

The absolute best site for purchasing incense is - Incenseguru.com. I have been buying incense there for years and the wide selection is incredible. You will not believe his prices either, just fantastic ! His prices are by far the cheapest on the net and what you receive is fresh incense hot off the press. His name is Ron and everyone is welcome to e-mail him with any questions. Nice guy.

My favorites are the entire line of the Shrinivas Sugandhalaya: makers of the world famous Sai Baba Nag Champa.

Check it out and let me know what you think !

Hathor..

Hathor

I'm so excited about this thread !

The Padmini line is awesome too:
Worth
Lyrics
Spiritual Guide
Dhoop sticks for a long lasting scent

Hem - Precious Chandan is incredible !
Hem - Patchouli - awesome
Hem - Dragons Blood, the best I've tried

Goloka - Gold Nag Champa is beautiful

Mysore -Sandlewood, very subtle and clean

Orchids - Nice floral scent

Oh my gosh, I better get to work ! Feel free to ask me any questions, I've burned alot of incense.

HearthCricket

Both my husband and I enjoyed Midnight a lot more than we expected! It smells nice! I also appreciate this thread. I was able to order about 30.00 worth of small amounts of variety packs and other incense to really give me a chance to try various scents and brands. The New Age store near me hardly carries anything, anymore. The store a 1/2 hour away, that we went to the other night and had the Midnight had so much variety I felt overwhelmed and didn't know where to begin! So thank you for the lists and recommendations and links! When it arrives I will start trying out some and let everyone know my favourites or not so favourites!!! I am excited!

blackroseivy

My ABSOLUTE fave incense of all time is the store line that you can only get from "Spiral Shop" in the UK:

http://www.spiral.org.uk/acatalog/

WONDERFUL shop! :D

They have hand-rolled incenses - these expensive ones that they call "Champagne Quality" are simply THE BEST around. There was one called "Fleur-de-lys" which I LOVED & seems to have been discontinued, *shnif* :( !

But there is still "Myst" & "Quest". :)

The other premium brand I insist upon - they are a little more accessible & reasonable price-wise: "Prasad Celestials"! :D

http://www.fairfieldmarket.com/

They have some wonderful incense, with every "flavor" of Prasad available - I LOVE this place! ;)

Another great incense site:

http://www.sensia.com/incense.htm

Having put this, I still say that for "serious" work, the granular & powdered is the most potent; but it certainly is a kind of pain to work with, & for just creating a relaxing atmosphere (& driving out other smells - big concern here! ;) ), the best stix can't be beat with one. ;) hehe

ETA: (Important! ;) ) My fave "flavors":

- Myst
- Quest
- just about the entire "Celtic" line, especially "Henge"
- also the entire "Medieval" line, especially "Sherwood"
- "Prasad Celestial" Amber (someone here sent me some & TOTALLY turned me onto it!)
- "Prasad Celestial" Midnight Rose (EXTREMELY deep & sweet rose scent, if you love rose TRY IT!! :D )
- "Prasad Celestial" (vegetal) Musk

Ok - that's my lisht! ;)

EATA: Oh, btw - "Prasad" has a VERY nice Nag Champa - they really are very high-quality, scent w/o smoke smelling. :)

HearthCricket

I ended up ordering the following, which is now on its way!!!

Mother's Fragrance - Ananda Nag Champa (20 Stick Pack)
Mother's Fragrance - Ganesh Nag Champa (20 Stick Pack)
Mother's Fragrance - Lakshmi Nag Champa (20 Stick Pack)
Mother's Fragrance - Shanthi Nag Champa (20 Stick Pack)
Shanthimalai 40g
Goloka Nag Champa - 15g
Satya 9 Pack Sampler

I can't wait to scent up the house with these!!!!