Well, look at that... The backs...

RubyRuby

After my "Why are backs so important?" thread, I started looking at the Gilded cards backs. I thought they were symetrical, but they aren't. You can tell whether the card is reversed or not.

If you look at the little, two piece nodules that are on the tips of the stars in the four corners, they point to the top right if the card is upright, and bottom left if the card is reversed.

Just thought I would share.

Ruby

The Hanged Man

Hi RubyRuby, I'm puzzled, I can't see what you mean:

The Hanged Man

No wait.....I think I get what you mean now. It's the direction from which the light appears to be shining on the little ball things. Upright the light source seems to coming from the right, and reversed appears to be coming from the left. How beedy eyed of you! I'd never have noticed. ;)

RubyRuby

Thanks for posting the back HangedMan. Yea, that was another thing I noticed was the direction the light looked like it was coming from.

Lets see if I can explain it, now that I'm looking at the picture.

Red Ruby in the middle. Yellow sun. Brown circle. Bluish sun. The next set of sun rays are yellow and blue. Look at the little nodules (for lack of a better word) on the ends of the blue sun rays. They "point" to the top right if the card is upright, and to the bottom left if reversed.

Apollonia

By golly, you're right! Sharp eyes.

Disa

Wow.You are so right, I probably wouldn't have noticed that.

Kenny

I've also noticed that in the middle the sun is also an indicator as to what way up the card is.

Top to top the waves go down then up ending with a down then upwards to the centre.
Top to bottom the waves start at heading up, then heading down.

It's quite hard to spot at first glance but if you know what you are looking for... :)

LixiPixi

Yep - I see it too - the light reflection of the beads goes opposite when reversed and so do the "waves" of the beams in the star/sun.

Amazing eye for detail Ruby and Kenny!

LP~

annik

Definitely a eye for details. I haven't look much at the back.

archer1

Thats pretty cool ................question does any know if this deck comes in 2 sizes or the small one that I have...