The De-Enabling Thread

Little Baron

When I went through it, the images felt a little childish. And the colouring didn't look that great. Not the actual colours. The way in which they filled the shapes. In the same way as the colouring in the Winged Spirit is a little shoddy.

LB

HearthCricket

I keep hearing people talking about the Sheridan Douglas. I think it is a fad. Give it 2 more months and everyone will be talking about another deck and forget all about this one.

It is boring. Not much variety in colour, simple pictures and nothing really that unique about it that makes it stand out, except that it is back in print, so everyone is chatting it up. Mind you, I have recently become a fan of certain simpler designed decks and black and white ones, but at least the artwork is creative and interesting. I think far too much is made of this deck and its fame will change as quickly as the seasons! If you don't have it already, go for the Ship of Fools. Far more interesting and much more history behind the deck!

jackdaw*

It is an overly simplified style, you're right about that. I think given your taste for decks like the Cosmic Tribe, and the one you're creating right now, this one may be a little light for you.

Not in terms of symbolism and such - I think there's plenty there to sink your teeth into - but the simplistic drawings will probably irritate you.

Little Baron

Thanks guys.

lark

jackdaw* said:
Can anyone de-enable me from the new Baroque Bohemian Cats? With or without gold?
Well now, this one is simple...there are two kinds of people.
People who like cats dressed up in clothes and people who don't.
Which one are you?

gregory

jackdaw* said:
Can anyone de-enable me from the new Baroque Bohemian Cats? With or without gold?
:laugh: :joke: :laugh: :joke: :laugh: :joke: :laugh: :joke: :laugh: :joke: :laugh: :joke: :laugh:

Who me ??

*sorry, I shouldn't be here....* :|

Er - no, sorry !

On the other hand HC - I think you are gravely wrong about the Sheridan Douglas. It has been around since the 80s, when I got mine; it has always attracted attention because of what and how it is. I'm afraid it really is a pretty good deck (and nice and simple for LB - no adornments - not much above playing cards in distractions...) And the book that was first illustrated with it is brilliant - and has just been reprinted.

(I really AM in the wrong thread. I think I will go away now..... I'm so sorry. Ask for advice on my best ones and that's what happens to me.......:D)

jackdaw*

lark said:
Well now, this one is simple...there are two kinds of people.
People who like cats dressed up in clothes and people who don't.
Which one are you?
Why are responses about Baba Studio decks the ones that make me pee myself laughing? :p :p :p

I needed that today, lark. Thanks :D

baba-prague

And remember please that there are also two kinds of cats. Cats that like being dressed up in clothes and cats that don't (she only agreed as a huge favour)...

Attachments

• minnie-in-bonnet.jpg
    minnie-in-bonnet.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 97

HearthCricket

LOL Oh, I just want to kiss her! :* What an adorable cat. Please send 78 REAL cats to me! :D (Just make sure they are all fixed!)

Debra

Sheridan Douglas -- color blind

LittleBuddha said:
Sheridan Douglas.

Can you really imagine meditating on one of those cards? Or even wanting to look at one long enough to get an intuitive reaction to it? I'm afraid I can't.
To me they've got the look of sdvertisements, colored with the unpopular crayons left over in the bin at kindergardent. The disharmonious colors keep putting ME off the deck. If you take any single Hadar Marseille card and hold it up against the computer screen next to a scan from the S-D deck, well.....

(But MR's MINNIE IN A BONNET is another story--wot a kat!)