Planet Series: Saturn in the progressed chart

dadsnook2000

In this thread we will discuss the "progressed chart" and both the developing and departing aspects between Saturn and the other astrological planets.

PROGRESSED CHARTS:
Progressed charts show the personal development patterns that are likely to develop as we move thru life. They are not, IMHO, prediction tools as such but seem to indicate both patterns of development and times of significant event manifestations that highlight or focus our attention relative to those patterns of changing devleopment. Let's take a brief look at the two types of progressed charts that I like to use.

1) The SECONDARY Progression chart based on the progressed MC. There are several variants of secondary progression charts -- you can base a progression on daily MC movement, daily Sun movement, average Sun movement and several static "arc of movement" methods such as the Naibod, etc.

In this progression method, the individual planet movements in terms of their daily motion is used, the number of days relate to the number of years that one wishes to examine -- 31 days after birth equates to 31 years after birth. The Sun will have moved about a full sign ahead of its natal position, the Moon will have returned and passed its natal position, the outer planets will have move very little relative to the inner planets which generally tend to move somewhat.

For the outer planets, some may be in retrograde motion and will either move so little as to not change chart position, or may actually "back into" a more exact aspectual relationship with some planet. The Moon, of course will be moving through signs quite rapidly, changing signs every two and a half years (actually 2.5 days on average) and will tend to make many aspects in subsequent secondary progression charts. The Sun which may have had natal square aspects, for example, will move on around 30 years/days to form trine aspects to planets it formerly squared. This is indicative of the types of "developmental trends" that we will be examining.

2) The SOLAR ARC Progression chart -- not the normal chart wheel type, but the mid-point presentation using the Solar Arc movement is quite different from the secondary progression chart. First, there is no retrograde motion to account for as everything moves ahead by the same movement-value as does the Sun.

Where the secondary progression chart -- lets call it a "2P" chart -- shows overall developmental trends, the Solar Arch chart -- lets call it the "Solar-P" chart -- focuses upon ones health and identity (Sun symbology) in terms of how the planets affect this aspect of oneself. Using the mid-point system, this type of chart seems to be quite useful as a prediction tool as well as a developmental tool that relates to health and self-hood.

HOW WE WILL PARTICIPATE
We will focus on SATURN and any aspects that it alone makes in either of the two forms of progression charts. THIS EXERCISE WILL HELP ALL TO APPLY WHAT WE LEARN TO ANY OF THE OTHER PLANETS AND ASPECTS IN THEIR CHARTS -- BUT WE NEED TO STICK TO WORKING WITH "SATURN".

Because we will collectively have a lot of questions about all of the aspects that we have, it may not be reasonable to expect me to answer each and every aspect offered for consideration. I will do what I can and if there is too much asked I will tend to focus on those who have actively and continually participated in the Planet Series threads first.

In the course of these responses and sharings of ones personal chart patterns involving Saturn and the manner in which you each experienced these timely developments, we will also share and learn a bit about how to interprete the two types of charts I noted. FOR THE SAKE OF CLARITY I WOULD PREFER THAT WE NOT FOCUS ON OTHER FORMS OF PROGRESSED CHARTS IN ANY DETAIL -- just the developing, actual or departing aspects and their timing and experience.

Dave.

dadsnook2000

Two progressed charts and their views

I have calculated both a 2P chart and a Solar-P chart for this date. Computers make it easy to compute charts for any date, whereas manucal calculations are more easily done for a given year-date and require more proportional calculations for in-between dates.

Focusing upon SATURN and its aspects, this is what I found.

In my 2P chart, Moon/p has just crossed the MC/n and is within a day/year of reaching Saturn/p and Saturn/n. This is, of course, the Saturn-Moon PROPHET Phase and suggests that at this stage of my life I need to be aware of the need to adapt to changing situations and to develop a new response to others in my life.

In my Solar-P chart I have several Saturn-mid-point structures. Remember that I stated that the Solar-P chart seems more useful for event predictions that does the 2P chart.

1) SATURN = URANUS/NEPTUNE. (0-04 exactness, approaching aspect) Ebertin's CSI book states, "Depression, loss, moruning and bereavement.

2) SATURN = JUPITER/URANUS (0-46 exactness, approaching aspect) "Sudden inhibitions, obstinency, delays in achievements, sudden disadvantage, losses.

3) SATURN = MOON/MARS. (0-47 exactness) "Inhibitions, supressed feelings, dissatisfaction, lack of interest in ones work, seperated wife. (Approaching aspect)

4) SATURN = MERCURY/VENUS. (0-48 exactness, seperating aspect) A time to meditate, going into seculusion, difficulty with artwork or in an art career.

5) SATURN = MARS/MC. (0-51 exactness, seperating aspect) Difficult in ones concentration or making decisions. Exagerated zeal associated with actions that might fail.

To summarize both these charts, I would say that the 2P chart alerts me to a phase of adjustment and preparation for a new family structure and/or way to relate to others in my life. The Solar-P chart paints a distrubing picture of events that might show up in my life as the main patterns are all developing and will become exact shortly.

SA=UR/NE which is almost exact suggests depression, loss, bereavement. I have a 93 year old mother-in-law in declining health as well as a wife that has had cancer several times and is currently undergoing tests to discover why several recent problems are occuring.

SA-MO/MA is also a close and closing aspect and suggests supressed feelings, dissatisfaction, lack of interest in ones work, a seperated wife. All this seems quite appropriate as well. I have been greatly disappointed with my web-site and its level of recognition and response. A lot of earlier enthusiasm and interest and support has not been paralleled with a sufficient levle of buying activity and public response. The wife is depressed over her health and the pressures of raising three children at this stage of her life and this has had a widespread effect on the family.

The primary thing to consider once you have done the basic astrological breakdowns is to first understand how you have reacted to and used Saturn in the past. Cookbook readings should never be blindly accepted. In my case, Saturn has always triggered creative work projects when Mercury/Venus is involved and when Mars is contacted. It's the contacts with the outer planets that are tough to consider as they don't directly play a role in my natal chart. So, this will require some thought, study and meditation. Dave

WhiteRaven

I don't know if this is right......I'm a tad confused to say the least.

PROGRESSIONS for Mar. 19 2006
Angles directed using True Solar Arc in Right Ascension
Tropical Zodiac

Progressed Saturn - AQU.26°49'
in the 10th house of the natal chart
conjunct natal Venus (AQU.25°56'), orb:00°54'
conjunct natal Saturn (AQU.21°51'), orb:04°59'
sesquisquare natal Nth Node (CAN.11°12'), orb:00°38'
square natal Part of Fortune (TAU.25°36'), orb:01°14'

stardancer

It would seem that Saturn in the first has been trine Uranus in the ninth, in my progressed chart for a long time. I have felt the pull of Uranus individuality, and it's weird conformity to Saturn for a long time. It's like trying to find a unique space in time where circular ideas fit into the square of conformity. Since the apsect is a trine, I thoroughly enjoy this endeavor. There is no other Saturn aspect here really, except my natal Mars is forming a grand trine which seems to power the progression. Triangles are seem as mystic, so I suppose there is a sense of trinity there. I'm not saying hold trinity, but maybe a sense of the human trying to reach for the stars.

My current solar arc is a different story, lol. Saturn is conjunct the IC and at exactly 315 degress of the Moon. (I'll have to look that up). My next solar arc chart has Saturn conjunct the Ascendant and square Mercury/Jupiter conjunct the IC, so it seems I'm in for more Saturn vibes the next year out. There have been several things happen to me that have taxed my ability to control my emotions over the last year. Hopefully, this next conjunction will work out smoothly, although it seems the Saturn/IC conjunction of this year will be replaced by a Mercury/Jupiter conjunction the next. That's what I thought anyway, by looking at the pattens involved.

I have also thought to try my hand at a career in writing. Perhaps this is a good thing and Saturn is lending me the personal discipline it will take to write at home (Mercury and Jupiter in the 4th). You know, the more I look at it that way, the more I love that square, lol.

stardancer

PROPHET PHASE
Well, the power of the previous phase passes as the Moon passes the 315 degree mark and moves towards its conjunction with Saturn. The Moon needs to start thinking about how it can change, manage change, resist change, become change -- all under the inner knowing that change will be neccessary and that preparations must be made. What rules, what feelings, which way to blend a new set of circumstances. Can the future be seen, or does it weigh one down. Is the anticipation worse than the actual soon-to-come experiences? Is there still time to party?

Well, my cartoon head sees the loony Moon approaching Saturn, warning...
"Here I come, devil. Whatchoo got for me?"

I have a question for you, Dave. Can we progress the Solar arc?

dadsnook2000

Solar Arc Progression -- stardancer question

When I ran my Solar Arc Progression Chart my natal Sun moved from 21-08 Virgo to 0-12 Sag -- a total of 71 degrees and 04 minutes for my 69.5 years of age. Every planet moved forward by this same arc. Even retrograde planets moved forward by this amount.

The basis for this equal amount of movement behind all of the planet positions is that we are using this chart to emphasize "sun" symbology; health, vitality, ego, identity, direction and will. We have already look at phase relationships between the Sun and various planets, so this should not be anything new now.

Given that this is a solar arc progression, then, and that we are looking at Saturn's aspects, everything is colored by how the Sun and Saturn combine in terms of "you exercising self discipline, managing your health, not overexerting yourself, teaching and explaining your values and guidelines, etc. -- all sun combined with saturn symbologies. We then relate this to what ever planets are being aspected by Saturn.

Remember, the planets tend to retain their natal pattern meanings, The new aspects that Saturn makes tends to represent developments and growth challenges.

So, stardancer, does this answer your question. I didn't quite understand what you asked for. The solar arc is used as a basis for a progression value.
Dave

dadsnook2000

For WhiteRaven

You noted that "true solar arc" was used for the progression chart notes that you made relative to Saturn aspects. I also am a tad confused. The figures you gave show a progressed arc of 4 degrees and 58 minutes -- representing someone of about 5 years of age.

Perhaps you might want to clarify exactly what you wanted to do and what you did do, and why you feel you are confused. Dave

WhiteRaven

dadsnook2000 said:
You noted that "true solar arc" was used for the progression chart notes that you made relative to Saturn aspects. I also am a tad confused. The figures you gave show a progressed arc of 4 degrees and 58 minutes -- representing someone of about 5 years of age.

Perhaps you might want to clarify exactly what you wanted to do and what you did do, and why you feel you are confused. Dave

I used a program called "Canopus2". It had the option to use this Solar Arc so I did and that was the data that came out. As to why I'm confused...I suppose it's more because I'm not sure what program to use....I don't think they offer this at Astro.com

dadsnook2000

For WhiteRaven

I can't advise you as to which on-line astrology program to use because I use none of them -- I have my own purchased software.

Your Solar Arc from your birthday until today is 42 degrees, 46 minutes. In your Solar Arc Progressed Chart, every planet, your ASC and MC will all be advanced by this amount. Saturn is approaching a square to natal Mercury within 0 degrees, 11 minutes. No other aspects are obvious when you look at a double wheel chart.

When you look at mid-points, Saturn has two of them:
Saturn = Mars/Uranus (0-31 orb, approaching): Violence, a lack of adaptability. Focus on seperation, injury, an operation. Think about how you have experienced these symbols in your chart and modify these meanings that have been given by Ebertin in his CSI book.

Saturn = Mercury (0-11 orb, approaching): Depth of thought, mental work. Think about how you have used these symbols.

Given this strange pair (Saturn and Mercury) being close to a closing semi-square in your natal chart and entering the Prophet Phase, you will want to be entering a "planning ahead" mode of thought. You have deep plans to consider about your way of life. Since this is a progressed chart, we have to deal with when aspects become exact. We are talking about a two-month period for you to finalize plans.

The Saturn = Mars/Uranus pattern is another thing. Mars being close to the MC, you will tend to take action relative to your reputation and goals. Uranus is trine your Moon natally, which can mean many things -- strange habits, quick emotional outbursts, surprising and unusual women in your life, etc. Saturn will tend to bring all/most of these options into some kind of event or group of events. The important thing is to meditate on how you tend to use these symbols and then give them room to grow and bloom in some productive and positive way. Dave

stardancer

dadsnook2000 said:
So, stardancer, does this answer your question. I didn't quite understand what you asked for. The solar arc is used as a basis for a progression value.
Dave

Oh. ya. I was looking at my Solar Return, not the Solar Arc.

Ahem. My Solar ARC shows Saturn progresses to the empty leg of my Moon/Venus/Jupiter Trine. Yet another big deal Saturn thing going on with me.