The Good Tarot by Colette Baron-Reid

EmpressArwen

Oh exciting! I get her monthly newsletter and I haven't seen anything about this yet. No mention on her website either. I love her oracles so I will probably need this. lol Good thing it won't be released for a long time!

FLizarraga

Yes, I get her newsletter, too, and nope, no mention at all. That's interesting, because she markets her stuff quite aggressively, I find.

I mean, I have her FOUR oracles and her Enchanted Map book, and I just love her to pieces (and I think it was you, ana luisa, who turned me on to her), but I could do with a little less marketing.

DaughterOfDanu

May just be me but does anyone get a bit of déjà vu with the the title "The Good Tarot" ? Gives me a DV vibe similar to her description of her angel tarot being "gentle". Awaiting "No bad cards used here!" etc...

"A crucial difference from traditional decks is that the cards’ messages are all written as affirmations in the present tense, rather than forecasts, instructions, or warnings. Instead of being told what to do, those who use the cards can integrate their energy immediately and personally." Oh boy...

I don't mean to be critical but it's hard to wash the bad taste I get when I see oracle deck creators that focus on love and light move to the world of tarot and try to take their unbalanced philosophies with them. I'm all for love and light, I have plenty of both DV and Colette's decks, but tarot has structure and crucial cards that don't need to be sugar coated with positive affirmations.

I'll wait to see more of the artwork and those affirmations before I decide to purchase :)

Padma

Backing you up, TreeLeafe. :) Agree!

And...I also had all the Colette B-R oracle decks, but I have to say, at some point her superior tone and smugness began to grate. I have since given a few away, and the others are accumulating dust...

Not so sure her tarot will be A Good Thing for me. :/

Celtictarot

Backing you up thrice! I only have her first two decks

Gwynydd

I only have two of her oracles, enchanted map and wisdom of the oracle. I love them. I'm keen to give this tarot deck a go. I'm actually trying to really cut down on my number of tarot decks, but I think a positive one could be a real asset, especially if a querent or myself is feeling fragile.

ana luisa

Since I love the style of her oracles and the art, I "fixed" this overload of goodness by using reversals. It worked for me, at least ;) And I agree, the world is not only cotton candy and flowers...

Luna's Crone

Yes, I get her newsletter, too, and nope, no mention at all. That's interesting, because she markets her stuff quite aggressively, I find.

I mean, I have her FOUR oracles and her Enchanted Map book, and I just love her to pieces (and I think it was you, ana luisa, who turned me on to her), but I could do with a little less marketing.

she has four oracles????? crap that means there are two more i have to buy. i love her oracles. oh i know the other two. does anyone have avalon and do they like it. I am not a god/goddess person, i am what seems to others to be a dreaded scientific pantheist. But i kinda like the msg in that one. they are sooo different from the others. My friend has my map book. The book didn't appeal to me. it gave me homework....ugh

Luna's Crone

Backing you up, TreeLeafe. :) Agree!

And...I also had all the Colette B-R oracle decks, but I have to say, at some point her superior tone and smugness began to grate. I have since given a few away, and the others are accumulating dust...

Not so sure her tarot will be A Good Thing for me. :/

ditto