The Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Least Favorite Card

Jewel

O! That Gnome ...

Khatruman and Alissa .... you know who O! That Gnome reminds me of? Smiagol from the Lord of Rings ... perhaps before he got the "preciouuuuusss" *LOL* This is what he honestly looks like to me. I definetly sense mischief there.

Khatruman

Re: O! That Gnome ...

Jewel said:
Khatruman and Alissa .... you know who O! That Gnome reminds me of? Smiagol from the Lord of Rings ... perhaps before he got the "preciouuuuusss" *

Awwwwww, pooooor pooooooor Smeagol... ssssssssss.... heee's not a sneek!!!!

Always had a fondness for Smeagol, corrupted by that awful ring, slinker and stinker.... Have you seen The Two Towers? Gollum just steals the show! His Smeagol/Gollum dialogues are amazing and I just about cried for poor Smeagol. If O! That Gnome were anything like Smeagol, I think I could tolerate the little slinker more... :D

Genna

Death
1;The card´s atmosphere emotionally;threatening,horror,hopelessness,loneliness,grave.
2;The card´s physical manifestation in someone´s life;Loneliness;that a phase in life is over,loss.
3;Symbols in the card that shows the card´s mental characteristica;Simplicity,multidimentional,clarity.
A figure with decked head that brings a gray ball(skull?).Everything is grayblue.
4;The card´s symbols´spiritual characteristica;unrelenting,threat,extreem horror.
5;What I like the least about the card;that it marks an ending.
(This was my thoughts 18/10 2001,now I understand it also can mark a change for the better,not an ending).
6;Is there something I like about the card;Perhaps the colour(gray,in different tones).
7;Feeling most uncomfortable.Being scared.

Alissa

Poooooor Smeeeeeagol!

I know it's verring off topic, but I HAD to pop in and say YES Smeagol/Gollum was amazing in Two Towers, Khat! I felt soooo sorry for the little bugger, it was an amazing rendition.

I had never considered Smeagol and O'Gnome in the same context before. What I love about this study group is being able to compare thoughts and find new layers to these cards, together.

I would recommend to anyone, though, when pulling your Least comfortable card, take a moment to find it again (about a week or 2 later) or just a while later after you've had a chance to think on it. You mind find a slightly different face -- at least, I did.

And, a very thoughtful commentary on the Death card, genna. This card did the strangest thing in my deck. When I first got the deck, I was sorting through the cards and putting them into various piles, and one was for "female" cards.

I thought I set Death in the Neutral gender pile. My husband picked up the Female pile, and started going through them too. He pulled out the Death card and asked me why I thought it was Female?

"I didn't," I replied. "I put it over there," and pointed to the Neutral pile (like singers, etc).

We just kinda looked at each other and laughed. I knew Death was an interesting card then, and that this deck would hold some surprises for me as well.

sings "... his greatest wish
is to catch a fish ..."

Gollum, Two Towers

Genna

Hi Alissa!
It´s funny,I think of this Death as female too,but in other decks I have seen it´s most often male.Thank you for making me aware of that.I think Brian Froud calls Death she in "Good Faeries/Bad Faeries" too.

Jewel

Heya Khat! Yep I have seen Two Towers twice!!! .... and yes, Smeagol was my favorite character and I also almost cried for him ... feeling all betrayed by those nasty hobitses *LOL*. But honestly O' That Gnome really really reminds me of him ... perhaps if you spend some time with him you might see this too and learn to like him :) ... I mean look at the way O' is sitting ... look familiar to you? thin ... large head ...

As for Death being female ... well in Spanish it is female, La Muerte. Just a bit of needles information *LOL*.

Khatruman

Jewel said:
perhaps if you spend some time with him you might see this too and learn to like him :) ... I mean look at the way O' is sitting ... look familiar to you? thin ... large head ...
Ahh, the gift to be given to see ourselves as others see us, to paraphrase Robert Burns. Nahh, I don't hate O! that Gnome, and I think it is very important to confront that which we have aversion to, I mean to confront it in order to see what mirror it is reflecting in us, since I truly believe that anything we scorn is a reflection of something we dislike in ourselves. So that Gnome is a very valuable gift. And I know if I do actively dislike him, he is just gonna keep popping up until I face him, and his sneeksy little smile...sssssssssssssssss

Peacccccccccceee, my preciousssssssssssss.. *s*

Jewel

*LOL* with you Khat! I did not mean to face him because you dislike him ~giggles~ ... I meant to spend some time to see if you see a potential Smeagol (turning Gollum) there *ROFLMAO*.

And by the way I totally agree with you about the reflection of self thing. I have come to use this as a valuable tool for self improvement. When something really bothers me about someone, I look very closely at myself and why it does bother me. 9 out of 10 times it is because it is a trate or behavior of my own that I dislike.

Joywalker

Luathas the Wild

1)Treachery,beware of people with bad intention,do not believe what is shown on the outside.There's more underneath at all.Betrayal,cannot be trusted.

2)Be careful whom you trust.Someone may have other ideas and out your life in jeopardy in order for them to get what they want.Look behind the mask.They may be smiling but don't believe them.

3)Simple and Clear

4)Questioning,be aware

5)The facial expression of the green faery,his wings all tattered and torn.Dislike the green color too.

6)The face which Luathas is pressing,looks kind of sweet and innocent.He doesn't seems to mind.

7)It's a complictaed world out there.It is not necessarily that if you don't harm others,other's wouldn't harm you.If it does happen,learn from the mistake after knowing the tru colors of that person.Stay away from this person.

Aoife

The Sage #19
He looks very human - people are scarier than faeries. At first glance he's looking to the side but then I see he's looking straight at me. His glance makes me feel uncomfortable. He may be wise but not in the ways of love and gentleness. There's a shrewd, calculating feel. He knows more about me than I want him to know. I wouldn't trust him not to use his knowledge against me - I feel he would try to manipulate me.

I like the colours and his hair and beard with foliage growing from them.