2012 incoded within Rider Waite

Floss

GRAFLIX1 said:
I have own a deck of the Witches cards for 35 years and although I don't read, per se, I now pursue the symbology beyond what is presented. I decided to enlarge a couple of cards and display upon my lounge room wall, something akin to displaying an old family portrait. One of these cards was the FOOL.

One evening I was looking at the card and reminising about my youth and of time long gone when suddenly, I realised that the pebbles strewn by the Fool, actually formed the Pleiades cluster.

Umm - I thought you were talking about signs in the Rider Waite ... now you're talking about the Deck of the Witches? When was that deck created and by whom? What was going on in his/her head when it was created? If this is the case, any deck can trigger off anything in anybody pretty much ... hmmm ... not too many secrets about that. Just individual perception/projection.

Laura Borealis

Floss said:
Umm - I thought you were talking about signs in the Rider Waite ... now you're talking about the Deck of the Witches? When was that deck created and by whom? What was going on in his/her head when it was created? If this is the case, any deck can trigger off anything in anybody pretty much ... hmmm ... not too many secrets about that. Just individual perception/projection.

Since s/he said s/he's had it for 35 years, it can't be the Witches Tarot (published in 1992). There's the Tarot of the Witches though, the one created for a James Bond film. The Fool is throwing some pebbles as described. Is that the one you mean, GRAFLIX1?

Attachments

• tarotofthewitchesfool.jpg
    tarotofthewitchesfool.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 99

Debra

re-pete-a said:
Debra.
The RWS deck has changed the Strength card, 8, for the Justice card, 11.
card 8 would be Justice.
card 11 would be Strength.
That makes the progression a little different.
To hide all of that info the way it was hidden ,would lean towards importance.

Yes, if the numbering of the trump cards is important, then the 8-11 switch is relevant. I am not at all convinced that the numbering is relevant in this regard, though :)

re-pete-a

In this regard, it's not important. In the larger scheme it does make a difference.

But that's not the topic here, so your right.

GRAFLIX1
I'm still interested in your findings. Some that you have posted have made a difference in my interpretations of what is on display in the RWS Majors artwork; intentionally or not by Pixie.
Inspiration does use the vehicle at hand to manifest insights. I'm interested in your insights.

GRAFLIX1

Thanks re-pete-a, I'll look into obtaining the book you suggest.

I believe what is encoded, in reference to 2012, is simply an attempt to maintain and pass down a knowledge, once only privy to the elite - priest/timekeepers.

The symbols depict a specific point, along a time scale, within the never ending cycle of the procession of the equinoxes.

The alignment of cities and temples, to the "NODE" found at the crossroad of the earth and galactic crosses, in the region of the Pleiades, is an act of timekeeping.

The alignment is happening as I write, and it is unfortunate that we are not celebrating such a significant event.

It is kept hush hush, for it would highlight the fact that the Christian Church, and its Tenet, have been a complete hoax. And as we become more educated, it is becoming evidently more harder for the Church to validate their existence.

People professing to design their own set of tarot cards, I believe, give discredit to the art, particularly if they are oblivious toward its covert coding.

The cards encode secrets that are hidden within the Bible, itself. Where else would you hide secrets from the Church :)

When I refer to the "witches" deck, I refer to Fergus Hall's original deck - created in the '70's.

re-pete-a, I think you are of the right mind-set to think beyond the norm, and this will set you uniquely apart, from the pack.

When other readers express that considering a crayfish as a dung-beetle, is inconceivable, or not bothering themselves to research who Lupus (Wolf) and Vulpecula (Fox) is and why, upon the Moon card, sadly they are deluding themselves, if they consider being an interpreter of symbols.

Thank you.

GRAFLIX1

Fergus Hall's unique artistic style stems from an upbringing surrounding the circus world. His surrealist dream-like paintings reflect the atmosphere of mystic, which seems to permeate such surrounds. The strongman, depicted upon the Strength card, is a classic example of his environ.

I believe it would be in this environment that he would have encountered the token tarot reader. If of Gypsy origin, to which I have no doubt, the reader would have been privy of a set of secret codes, aptly named, the Gypsy Secrets.

In being commissioned to produce a set of tarot cards, Hall would have included, in his own creative way, this set of codes, handed down to him, by the Gypsy reader.

In, per chance, discovering Hall's Pleiades, and since found numerous cosmological indicators, once I understood the rendition of the code - and now I know the intent.

What a fascinating year of discovery.

gregory

GRAFLIX1 said:
It is Wales, Ms Lillie which forms the third cross - you should know this if you went to school, over there!
Good grief - only just saw this.

It is NOT - the third is the St Patrick's cross. Even if Wales were on the Union flag - which it is not; at the time the flag was created Wales was seen as just a chunk of England - it would have had to be yellow on black - that is David's cross. And there's no yellow or black there.

If you are (trying to) make points - do make them using correct information. Otherwise you throw your whole theory into the mud by implication.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

A couple of off-topic posts have been removed from this thread. Please keep posts related to the topic of 2012 and Rider Waite.

Milfoil

Much of what is written in this thread seems to have been said before here back in 2007.

I was under the impression that scorpio even back in Egyptian and Babylonian times was represented by the scorpion (long tail and pincers) as in the Moon card yet the scarab/dung beetle was equated to cancer.

http://avalon100.tripod.com/Page2.html

I'm not sure they are interchangeable so easily or have I missed something?

If Lupus, for example, is being used as an astrological point of reference, then that suggests the information had been passed down over many centuries if not millenia since Lupus was not identified as a wolf or named as such until Ptolemy's work had been translated into Latin somewhere around 200-300AD. Prior to that it was a sort of non-descript animal being killed by Centaurus and was part of the Centaurus constellation.

I'm wondering at what point these inferrences were being put down in symbolic form to pass on to later generations and how they can be trusted when so much has changed?

re-pete-a

Knowledge no matter how far off or distant from the original ,considered, keeps one's mind outside the square.
Limitations of tolerance or information will keep one bound in the square.

Dreamers are the essence of progress.

If 2012 isn't presented in all it's forms then debate or considerations won't be entered into. From those debates information is excluded or included.

The world is flat, and man can't fly. Then came the dreamers of both which were proven to be in error eventually. Even Freud is now in error.

To me there are initiators and improvers , The improvers have a place, after the dreamers dream.

If Western religion is shown to be fictitious and unfounded , then all are the same. But their source was not as it's known to us or by us today.
Except(i believe)the Alchemists, both East and West have shown that there is an Ess( meaning spirit) sense in all things that is closely associated with this material and spiritual world and that understandings of faith in this Ess sense is the cornerstone of the majic of existences. The improvers (sciences) are catching up.

Bloated examples of sects of beliefs are what happen when excursions out of the square aren't tolerated, as with the extremes of Eastern and Western faiths. Yet Western faiths and tools of those faiths, mostly stem from the Arabic of pre Christian.
The All is one principal.

The RWS is catholic in ess sense. Yet Eastern in basis. I'm interested in the gaps between .

Bring on the dreamers, bring on the improvers, yet lets not kill the Ess sense of the beasts.

There is a reason for presenting the Major arcana.

Is it hiding the beginnings or referring to the endings of the churches , the earth , the present alignment, What changes ?

Perhaps nothing at all.
In which case it's been fun playing with it all.

GRAFLIX1,
LETS PLAY SOME MORE,
it's your turn to throw the ball again.