Ludy Lescot - The Lovers VI

Hemera

This card makes me feel rather uncomfortable and I´m not sure I really like this one. There are many questions here but not so many answers..
This girl doesn´t appear to be very bright. She is courting trouble sitting on the park bench at night and provocatively dressed. She has been surprised in the middle of writing to her Journal. Was she just a stupid young girl looking for trouble/"adventure"? She seems to be the victim here but is she really?
The White Knight is approaching from the right but he is already too late because the girl has been bitten. Is the attacker a Vampire? The girl is also bleeding in the mouth and she seems to have tiny fangs as well.
Where is the element of choice that is traditional in the Lovers card? Did she choose to be bitten by the man from the Dark Side? And what is she going to say to the white Knight when he arrives?

Elendil

Here is my 'spin' on this card:

[I don't see the 'park-bench']

The image shows a woman who has been suddenly interrupted at her writing in a ledger which has fallen to the floor along with her ink bottle and quill( her original purpose and intent thwarted). The woman is held tightly and restrained (her arms held behind her back) by a man who seems to be formally dressed and who is taking a bite from her shoulder in vampire fashion. The woman seems to be screaming with fear. Behind these two, on a frieze which decorates the wall (or is this something seen occurring outside, beyond a window [?] another man in shirt sleeves rides at a gallop towards us).

I think that this card might represent a warning that we can often be dazzled by the initial appearance of an individual, we can fall under their spell and not realise until too late that the choice of partner we have made is not only wrong but is injurious to us. Rescue, whether real or merely imagined, can only arrive too late since a commitment to our chosen course has been made and from here on in there is no easy way of turning back.

Hemera

[I don't see the 'park-bench']
I thought that is what she is sitting on? I see her sitting out in the park on that wooden bench and the galopping guy is really there,too.
I hadn´t thought he could be a picture on the wall but I can see it now..

Elendil

I see her sitting out in the park on that wooden bench ...
I looked at the floor and saw it as a parquet-tiled floor and assumed she was indoors.

What do you make of the fact that her 'rescuer' and his trusty steed are drained of all colour? His world is monochrome whereas she and the 'vampire' lover are in colour.

Hemera

I looked at the floor and saw it as a parquet-tiled floor and assumed she was indoors.
Yes..that´s true. I guess in my mind I saw her sitting in the park when I first looked at this and now my head stubbornly keeps seeing her outdoors:p
What do you make of the fact that her 'rescuer' and his trusty steed are drained of all colour? His world is monochrome whereas she and the 'vampire' lover are in colour.
That is interesting. I just saw him as a White Knight (white as in "good") and riding in moonlight. But he *is* drained of colour and life.. Hmmm.
He could be a ghost or a dream image. The girl has been immature and reading too many romantic novels and now for the first time she meets someone real who is flesh and *blood*}). And she is shocked because the way she imagined everything was so different from what it really was??

Here is a picture from Alida

Attachments

• Lovers.jpg
    Lovers.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 782

Aerin

If the card is about choices then whose choice is it?

I can't make my mind up if she is enjoying it or not. Maybe her choice was between the boring traditional bloke-on-horse and the dangerous vampire. I thought the man-on-horse was a picture rather than a window. It's all very ambiguous, I can see it several ways.

Hemera

It's all very ambiguous, I can see it several ways.
Yes, this is why I like this deck more and more! It´s like being in a Hall of Mirrors. Every which way you turn the picture always looks different. I have not done any readings with this one yet but this deck already feels like one of the most powerful I´ve had. A bit like the Sweet Twilight, only better :p

RunningWild

She writes in her diary about her dreams by the light of the moon coming through the open doorway (I, too, think she's outside). The man she imagines she would like to have enter her life is the subject of that day's entry. Suddenly she is attacked by another 'suitor'. This one completely unlike the man she would have if he were there and one who, it turns out, is a vampire.

And what do vampires do?

They suck the life out of a person. They steal souls.

I think those are pavers (bricks) and not parquet flooring beneath her feet which would make a park bench seem likely.

Prasomchai

I think that this card might represent a warning that we can often be dazzled by the initial appearance of an individual, we can fall under their spell and not realize until too late that the choice of partner we have made is not only wrong but is injurious to us. Rescue, whether real or merely imagined, can only arrive too late since a commitment to our chosen course has been made and from here on in there is no easy way of turning back.

Perfect, 100% agree with this. Beautifully expressed!

Grizabella

Here is my 'spin' on this card:

I think that this card might represent a warning that we can often be dazzled by the initial appearance of an individual, we can fall under their spell and not realise until too late that the choice of partner we have made is not only wrong but is injurious to us. Rescue, whether real or merely imagined, can only arrive too late since a commitment to our chosen course has been made and from here on in there is no easy way of turning back.

This takes me wayyyyy back to my younger years where I'd have a very nice, sweet young man with good intentions who was absolutely adoring of me, but what would I do? Some creep with a silver tongue would come along and I'd throw away the sweetheart and take the creep. There's definitely a choice being made in this card, in my opinion, and it's the dumb one I always used to make.