A Request: Original Ordering of the Hebrew Letters.

kwaw

Rosanne said:
You are a Prince Kwaw! I have never heard of the connection between Flys and Jupiter. Only a Venus Fly Trap lol. I do not have a digital camera, but I will try and find someone who does and take a photo of the cube. I wonder if anyone else has seen such a wonderous symbolic cube? The animals/insects are so finely crafted, I guess it would have been expensive to have made or bought. I was wondering if I should take it to an auction house for assessment. It has become a 'beside the point' since it set me on my search into the subject of the Letters/Paths/elements and planets.~Rosanne

JMD is I think interested in the history of freemasonry, if it is indeed masonic, maybe JMD will know something about it? And yes I would love to see a picture (s) of it:)

Kwaw

jmd

I'd really like to see a picture as well.

I have seen a variety of variously called Masonic cubes and Masonic 'balls' (that open out as though a cube, each with engraved pyramidal faces).

The cube would first and foremost be related to the perfect ashlar, but am curious indeed as to the provenance of the cube you have - which may have formed part of a degree I am not familiar with, or have overlooked when reading through various grades.

I agree with kwaw's comments about the ordering of the Hebrew double letters being taken by Christine Payne-Towler as too strongly fixed as though earliest. Personally, I suspect that early planetary correlations would have followed the Ptolemaïc order as simply the dominant version at in the likely time of the development (irrespective as to which likely dating is preferred) of the Sefer Yetzirah.

jmd

[PS - I forgot to add an image to the Masonic Ball I mention, in case you are unfamiliar with it: here's a great presentation on the Phoenix Masonry site]

Rosanne

Thanks jmd, for the link. Maybe it is not masonic at all, but a planet aid to memory? It is beautiful anyway and I will try to get a photo. I have explained it all in the thread 'Can't see the wood for the Trees' in Kabalah forum. ~Rosanne