druidcraft tarot, 7 of cups

vhrsn

Hi everyone,
Ok, last one in the group and last card I could use help on! Then I'll know all the descriptions (well at least what's on them) thanks to all of you!
The card I need help on this time is the 7 of cups as I don't know what's on this one. If any of you, including MissCW, feel free to reply! Much assistance is welcomed!
All the best,
Veronica

crazy raven

In the Seven of Cups I see a man alone perhaps meditating, sleeping, daydreaming, reflecting. A red robe is draped over his heart and his first and second chakra (abdomen sexual organs, hips). He is enclosed in a mountainous area that looks covered in a blanket of beautiful green moss. It appears as if he is looking where 6 different cups are immersed in water. To his right (future) is a gold cup (holy grail), filled just right with a liquidy substance that at this point he doesn't see.

In the Druid Craft Tarot book for this card it states...
It is possible you are experiencing a time when you are feel seduced by a number of different ideas and possibilities, but are finding it hard to decide which way to proceed, or there may be a number of propositions in the air, but be cautious - they could well evaporate. By simply being patient and waiting, you will discover whether any of them are likely to be be lasting. It is also possible you have inadvertently slipped from exploring potential or visions to merely daydreaming. An activity that might have begun as goal planning or an exploration of the inner world may have become confusing, or simply a waste of your energy, plunging you into a world of illusion.

As I look at this card, my eyes are focussing on the 6 cups. If reading this card for you and me, I'd probably believe the 6 cups represent motivations, intentions as well as dreams, fears and desires. I'd probably ask 'of the 6 cups which ones have a greater meaning to you'. What cup(s) you choose could join the filled cup (Grail) placed on the right and bring out a talent you didn't even know you had.

The cups could represent our makeup or multiple personalities. If we can acknowlege and integrate all these aspects of the self we can move on to the 7th cup. 7 is about tests and tempations...they are part of our shadow. We need to see them for what they are but not get too caught up in them.

crazy raven

Well, I started to explain the 8 of cups and I found myself back here at the 7. I read what I wrote and almost deleted it....I think because I've seen a different picture of it. This could be a time when we are confused about who we are and what we're doing with our lives. We're no longer sure who we are or what we really want. Should we stay on the path we're on or follow a new one? So the 7 of cups could be a time of serious reflection about ourselves, our ambitions and what it is we want from life. And we need to examine these cups carefully, especially if our fantazies and dreams are unrealistic and beyond our reach. Then again we could feel a calling or a vision of why we're here and what we're meant to do. We need to truly understand our motives before we begin our quest with the 8 of cups.

Not only that, there are others we need to think about. This is a time when we could be consumed with fear and guilt as we try to sort out what's what. We could be stifled with apprehension as we can't project how it will all turn out or who in the interim it could hurt or affect.

WaxingCrone

Thank you!

Thank you so much for these great insights, everyone :) Very helpful

Nisha

I tend to think of 7 of cups as the wishful thinking card. While it is nice to entertain multiple paths, sometimes a reality check might be required to see what is truly possible. And since this is a Cups card, it might even be a denial of their true feelings about someone or something. It could suggest an inability to face up to the truth (the cup on the right) of the matter, whether consciously or subconsciously.