Vargo Gothic - What is it?

Sulis

Well, thanks to you guys I've been bitten too. I've been reading the threads in this study group with lots of interest. I don't have any 'dark' decks but as an early-eighties goth there's just something about this deck which appeals to me.

I just found it on e-bay for £12 and I just couldn't resist. I can't wait for it to arrive :)

Love

Sulis xx

Alissa

removed by author

Kittaine

At first...I was sort of disappointed with the deck. I didn't like the art. I hated the colors. But then, I read the threads in this study group, I saw the deck through the eyes of the people here, and it somehow made me see the beauty of this deck.

When I took steps to get to know it better, I began to associate it with things I found sensual like Anne Rice's vampires and Bram Stoker's Dracula. Now, after being introduced to a certain 17th century Transylvanian countess named Elizabeth Bathory and becoming absolutely fascinated with her, the Gothic Tarot takes on a whole new role for me. It's my bridge to all that is sensual, romantic, dark and gothic. It's a whole world unto itself.

As a reading deck, it isn't cruel, it isn't brutal, and it isn't mean. It's actually sweet. As I have said before, whenever I read with it, it is like the Vampire Lestat is leaning close to my ear and whispering "Ma Cherie." *chuckles*

Hikaru

wow!
I have not been around these boards for a long time, then I pop in to visit and find you're studying my favorite new deck!
I got the deck as a present to myself at the last winter Solstice, and have been using it during every waning moon for my nightly personal readings. I havent used it to read for others yet. I use Robin Wood for that...here in Japan Tarot has a very dark , creepy image. I absolutely love the artwork of the Gothic deck but I wouldn't use it for anyone unless I was sure they had my own inclination toward the darker side of things.
Anyway...glad to have found this group. I will post more after reading the rest of the threads..if I have anything relevant to add,
that is.

Hikaru

Alissa

removed by author

inanna_tarot

I'm joining the gang!!

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!! Its all wrapped and looking full of secret promises and dark secrets teehee. I'm waiting for a nice quite moment tomorrow to open it and gorge lol

Blessings,
Sezo
x

WolfyJames

I'm impressed! It's great to see that many persons, after reading our study group, have bought the deck. It seems that the love we have for the Gothic is spreading like an infection. This is an excellent news. Now that we have more adepts, many more will be infected as well.

Alissa

removed by author

Kittaine

Re: I'm joining the gang!!

inanna_tarot said:
I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!! Its all wrapped and looking full of secret promises and dark secrets teehee. I'm waiting for a nice quite moment tomorrow to open it and gorge lol

Blessings,
Sezo
x

Congratulations, Inanna. Doesn't that deck just feel exquisite to the touch? And how the cards glide when you shuffle them. Ah...

Sulis

I got it too :D :D :D

I'm very impressed initially with both the artwork and the quality of the cards - I'm going to go and have a look at the study group threads now.

Love

Sulis xx