The Wild Unknown Tarot - V Wands

Sulis

5 sticks lay on the floor.. The cross hatching that they are on goes this way and that with no particular pattern or order.

This really is a very simple image.
Gone is the structure and focus of the 4, the 5 sticks have been scattered, they almost look as if they've just been dropped from a height and that makes me think of scattering runes or bones for divination (or maybe I'm just weird ;)).
There's no colour in this card, it's quite a stark image.. The colour was focused in the 4 and appears again in the 6, I think the lack of colour emphasises the difficulties expressed in the number 5.

The 5s break the order of the 4s. They break us out of that comfortable place we'd reached and force us to rethink, take a good look at things and make some decisions to get things back to how they were. I like to think of the 5s in tarot as blessings in disguise; they're difficult because change and the destruction of order and comfort are often very difficult but they're necessary for growth and to help us move forward.. There are often lessons to be learned with the 5s, they're the type of experiences that are hard at the time but that we look back on and are glad that we've lived through them because they've helped us to move on..
I think of Wands as energy and action.

The 5 Wands to me is a card about breaking out of the box (represented by the comfort of the 4)... It's the spanner in the works card, the thing that jolts us and makes us sit up and take notice.. Sometimes it's competition but sometimes it's just scattered energies, not knowing what to do or where to go next. It's saying things are going to be difficult for a while and soon I'll have to take action to get things back on track..

slfrank67

this card, along with 7cups and a few others, is what led me to believe the linework backgrounds throughout the deck can hold a lot of meaning for any given card. i like that you said it reminds you of scattered sticks for the purpose of divination!

Sulis

this card, along with 7cups and a few others, is what led me to believe the linework backgrounds throughout the deck can hold a lot of meaning for any given card. i like that you said it reminds you of scattered sticks for the purpose of divination!

Yes and it's very interesting the way different people see the cross hatching and shading in different ways.. With the 7 Cups for example; some people see a pyramid whilst others see a furrow...

Ildrinn

5 sticks lay on the floor.. The cross hatching that they are on goes this way and that with no particular pattern or order.

This really is a very simple image.
Gone is the structure and focus of the 4, the 5 sticks have been scattered, they almost look as if they've just been dropped from a height and that makes me think of scattering runes or bones for divination (or maybe I'm just weird ;)).
There's no colour in this card, it's quite a stark image.. The colour was focused in the 4 and appears again in the 6, I think the lack of colour emphasises the difficulties expressed in the number 5.

The 5s break the order of the 4s. They break us out of that comfortable place we'd reached and force us to rethink, take a good look at things and make some decisions to get things back to how they were. I like to think of the 5s in tarot as blessings in disguise; they're difficult because change and the destruction of order and comfort are often very difficult but they're necessary for growth and to help us move forward.. There are often lessons to be learned with the 5s, they're the type of experiences that are hard at the time but that we look back on and are glad that we've lived through them because they've helped us to move on..
I think of Wands as energy and action.

The 5 Wands to me is a card about breaking out of the box (represented by the comfort of the 4)... It's the spanner in the works card, the thing that jolts us and makes us sit up and take notice.. Sometimes it's competition but sometimes it's just scattered energies, not knowing what to do or where to go next. It's saying things are going to be difficult for a while and soon I'll have to take action to get things back on track..

I love this interpretation of yours Sulis.

When I got this card I initially came to a different conclusion, where your's added a bit more meat to the bone so to speak. I see the sticks as thrown up in the air. Suspended. There is no up or down to anything. Confusion. Disorientation. The little moment of pause before it all tumbles to the ground and lies in the heap we see on Six of Wands.

I think it is a really excellent five of wands.

Maan

i did miss the traditional intrepetation a bit with this one. The sparring part Bouncing ideas of eachother. Atleast thats how i like to see this card sometimes. But i drew it today as one of my daily cards and i realized in a way it still means that in this deck. The sticks can be seen as up in the air. Like someone, or several someones have thrown them up.
Throwing your thoughts. Sharing them or bumping them against one an other.
Like a brainstom session.

( what kindda happend today at work during our weekly team meeting ;-) )

Pixna

I love this 5 of wands. To me, the confusion and disorientation are prominent, along with a hint of "anything goes" or "anything could happen." Ildrinn's comment about the sticks being thrown up in the air and suspended, and Maan's comment about throwing up thoughts and having them bump up against each other, really resonate. This card speaks so loudly and clearly -- for me, it's the perfect 5 of wands.

VibeQueen

I see the lines that are separating each stick as energy propelling them in different directions, in danger of them hitting each other or completely missing each other. To me, this card looks like a snapshot just before they collide. So energy in this case could be ideas or actions that are incongruous with each other and the literal lines of communication are scattered. The lines in the other cards of this deck also feel like energy to me too, does anyone else see that as well?

Sulis

I see the lines that are separating each stick as energy propelling them in different directions, in danger of them hitting each other or completely missing each other. To me, this card looks like a snapshot just before they collide. So energy in this case could be ideas or actions that are incongruous with each other and the literal lines of communication are scattered. The lines in the other cards of this deck also feel like energy to me too, does anyone else see that as well?

I think that's a really good way to see the lines and I think I too think of them as energy pathways.. It does look like a snapshot before they collide, almost as if they are still in mid air..

Welcome to the group VibeQueen :)