Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Redfaery

I wish I'd gotten a Centennial Rider Waite instead of the normal US Games edition in the yellow box. Not sure the Centennial was even out when I got my RWS, though. So there's that.

Luna's Crone

The one deck I own that I guess I regret is the original Nigel Jackson Tarot.

Beautiful? Yes. Cardstock and finish? Awesome. Size? Just about perfect. So what's the problem?

This deck is the most conceited, pissy, self-absorbed deck I have ever come across. It's like the Anna Wintour of tarot decks.

I have, however, decided to keep it- in a beat up ziplock bag in a drawer separate from the rest of my decks. Every month or so, I take it out and work with it for a few days, and inevitably make the statement, "yep, you're still a bitch", and put it back in the drawer for another month.

for a minute there, i thought you where talking about osho zen.

EmpressArwen

I know others here love it, but the Tarot Illuminati does absolutely nothing for me. It's like a train wreck of cosmetics and paint; and the feel of them is kind of like thin baseball cards out of a pack of gum... Shoulda saved my money...lol

Michael

This is funny! I initially liked this deck. It read fine for me...but then...I started to hate it. The colors and busyness started to grate on me. I eventually couldn't stand to look at their dumb faces. I kind of wanted to punch them. They were rehomed and I instantly felt better. Weird!

**I will add that my distaste may have been from overuse. I used it constantly for months and then boom! hated it. Probably should have just given it a break but even now a year later, I can't look at the images without feeling angry**

Luna's Crone

Cat people was one i wish i didn't get, because i didn't know the book was a story and the cards suck without a bit of a back ground for each so i know what the writer was thinking about. And the book is a lousy read anyway.

there are some tarot apps i wish i could sell.

nisaba

<darkly> In around forty years of Tarot there has been NO DECK I wished I hadn't bought. There are decks I use less and like less, but they are still a part of the rich tapestry that is my Tarot experience.

RiverRunsDeep

Usually, I don't regret any of my deck purchases because I can still learn something from the artwork, or I can at least sell or trade the deck for something I DO want. But....Crow's Magick Tarot....ick! It feels cold and empty and completely devoid of messages. Wishing I had done more research on that one before clicking the "buy" button!

Electric Maenad

The Mutation Tarot. Oddly enough, it's not the thick borders I have a problem with. I just don't know what the hell I was thinking getting a deck where the figures are all insectoid aliens when I have a fairly serious problem with bugs.

lumen.hilare

The Original Rider-Waite. I was hoping to feel good with this deck, but I did not, and it's too late: I opened the packaging. ;__; The colours are terribly done, and even if it was 'original,' the colours are terrible.

Instead, my hope is to buy the Centennial edition in September.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Lilyfae

too sugar coated...

I got the Doreen virtue fairy tarot but I haven't used it much. It's pretty but I don't like how sugar coated it is. Maybe I can get some use out of it in another way besides readings like using for a focus card or in magic or meditation or something.... So I guess I don't really regret getting it but it's not a favorite.