The Cartomancy Study Thread

zhadee

Yes a summary... we post a reading on Sunday or Monday for the week and feedback at the end... 7 cards... one for each day and a summary.

Sounds good?

sounds good :) have you seen the spread in the posting above?
Let's do some exciting predictions... and get terrific results. :D

AraLuck

Yes ma douce...works. I think that will work fine for a weekly... then we can expand on the meanings .

Reading for you will be therapeutic for me! 😉

I'll try and post on Monday by latest.

Sent from my Lenovo Z90a40 using Tapatalk

AraLuck

sounds good :) have you seen the spread in the posting above?
Let's do some exciting predictions... and get terrific results. :D

I had another look at the previous spread but it seems a lot to do with the 'energies', whilst PCs are very pointed and precise. I don't think they explore the undercurrents as well as ground reality. So if ok with you, I am going to stick to 7 cards and see how it works out for now.

AraLuck

zhadee: 5-11 December, 2016

3:club: A:spade: 3:diamond: 6:spade: 8:spade: 2:club: J:diamond:

So at first sight, with the predominance of :spade: and black cards the following week, I would say a lot of obstacles and perhaps even a very painful one (Ace), which are related to the realm of work and finances, given the absence of :heart:

3:club: -this is about social or business growth, a meeting or a small expansion happening within that realm. This can also be the card of creativity, where you produce something. So this seems to be about doing practical things for the small social expansion... perhaps at work, or just going to a grocery store. Small interactions.

A:spade: -the card of major obstacles and one which is going to be pivotal that week. Modifying 3:club:, it seems to indicate major obstacles in that expansion and growth.

3:diamond: -there's another 3 which seems to be about a small financial gain here. It's also a partial reward for something. Modifying A:spade:, it almost looks like payment of a fine, or a payout to cover a debt... in any case, it feels like some form of financial loss, but not a great one.

6:spade: -a difficult path, a thorny way... and if it modifying 3 diamonds, again I sense financial difficulties. This is also said to be 'the parting of ways', the end of a road... so I feel it has to do with this financial situation again, or perhaps just a loss of energy. You are increasingly drained here.

8:spade: -things don't get better. There's an increase from the 6 to 8, so the obstacles get a little more intense look even more like they are there to stay. 8:spade: seem to indicate troubles with health, so you could come up with a migraine, or the flu... or just an aching body from the tiredness.

2:club: -an exchange or partnership with a friend/sibling. This could be something about a friend outside of your home. Modifying the 8:spade:, it could be you going out to see the doctor and receiving advice, getting some sort of counsel about health or other worries.

J:diamond: -good news or a fair youth... I would say modifying the 2:club: that this can be a message from a friend, a piece of good news or advice from the person you've met the during the week and who counselled you. It could be just a reading here on AT which leaves you feeling a lot perkier and ready to take on the new week.

Overall, a bit of a complicated week with quite a sore point in the A:spade:, and the troubles are directed at either your health or your finances, or both. If things take a step up during the week and seem insurmountable, they won't be. You will find a degree of help or support, it appears here and finish the week on a rather good note. You can expect good news or developments and/or your energy restored and refreshed.

Do update, ma belle!

zhadee

AraLove, 05-11.12.2016

4:diamond: 2:diamond: A:diamond: 10:spade: 7:diamond: 3:spade: J:club:

4x diamonds - looks like an energetic week at work :)

Diamonds are about energy. Social interaction and noney are forms of energy, so
monday starts with no news. Nothing comes in, nothing gets out. The 4 corners of a room, feeling a bit bored, a bit of cabin fever. A good day for paper work, or anything you don't need to be creative with. It might be difficult to stay in focus. Inner work at work.

Tuesday picks up on the same energy, but comes with a decision that roots in a thought from yesterday. You're ready to meet face to face, you're ready for exchange. Chatting, talking on the phone, exchanging thoughts and ideas. A good day to talk to the bank, or getting some financial/numeric stuff done in the way of calculating.

Wednesday presents you with a result: you feel clear, you know what you want, you have made up your mind. You also feel resolved, things fall into place, you're contented to be alone. You take responsibility. A message either comes to you, or you are sending one. A good day to care of your needs.

Thursday shows many challenges. Now that the worst is over, you are ready take a look around you. The message from yesterday sinks in, you feel as if a big weight left your shoulders. Though you may not specifically like what you see, you may be at peace with yourself, catch your breath, take a well-deserved break. Best option for today would be nothing to do, just rest and relax. You have completed a task.

Friday presents you with a bit of a scatterbrain. So much to do, so much to take attention of! You could do with extra arms and legs, however, you may find it difficult to focus. If the 7 planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn) are depicted by this card, and they all represent a different energy, then today they are a bit difficult to manouvre: Sun wants to shine, Moon wants to feel deeply & intense, Mercury wants news, Venus wants to indulge the senses, Mars wants to fight, Jupiter wants something great, Saturn wants to brood & ponder. Should be difficult to satisfy the band.

Saturday comes along with growing difficulties: a third party chimes in. Could be a visitor you don't like to see, or a relative you don't wish to meet but the date cannot be avoided. This card is assigned to loss - maybe your band of planets made you spend money to serve their purposes yesterday and you come to realise that it had been too much.

Sunday offers you a visit of a friend. Somebody you really like to see, somebody who helps you finding a different perspective. Their words help your mind to strip down from woes and troubles. Just as a true friend may do - you cannot help but feeling better. Their words put things into perspective.

The rhythm of the cards goes down to wednesday, like a song coming to an end. Thurday starts with a bit of a hang-over, counts down again, and ends with a rather joyfully note.

CosmicBeing

December 2016

I think this is going to be a boring month. Already started out with a bad cold.
Alternative meanings: http://www.destinywitch.com/Pages/CartomancyCardMeanings.aspx
http://thecardsoflife.com/seven-of-hearts-person/
5 columns
1: December 1st-7th
2:spade: 9:heart: 8:diamond:
Two of spade paired with cards like the Two or Nine of Hearts, a romantic separation is
imminent. I been talking to some girls...maybe it just won't work out.

nine of heart deals with cottage, house, new life.

8 of diamond gossip/idle chatter: Paired with something
like the Two of Spades, it might mean something like “loose lips sink ships,” and that one should hold
one’s tongue for a while.

Between December 1st to December 7th... it looks like there will be some type of Separation with a romantic person because of 'loose lips sink ships"...may say something the other doesn't like or they may say something I don't like.

Had communciation with someone from the past, there were idle chats and some confrontation and some shocking news.
~~~~
2: December 8th-14
8:heart: 7:club: 5:spade:
Flirtation; Pillow talk. While the Two of Hearts is all about doing it, this card is all about talking
about doing it. The Eight of Hearts shows that giddy, fun stage of filrtation and wooing that so often
appears early in the relationship. It can also mean a sweet, tender intimacy and connecting with a
partner on an emotional as well as physical level.

Doubts/Worries: Fear of romantic interference from others: trouble with opposite sex: danger or feeling confine.

The Five of Spades indicates sickness,
disease, pain, etc. It can also mean that there’s something that needs to be buried, like a hatchet
between the client and someone he/she is feuding with.
Also can represent a divorce/break-up, unexpected surprise, or change in lifestyle.

Flirtation/pillow talk that is full of worries that need to be buried between me and the person.
or
Flirtation/pillow talk that has a level of sickening worries.

Worries and anxiety about dating and also stuff needing to be burried to begin again.
~~~~
3: December 15th-21
J:heart: 7:heart: 4:heart:
This card can also have to do with calm and peace, though, even indicating a period of self-pampering in a way. In some cases, the card simply refers to a boy or young man in the client’s life. (I chose to not see this as a pregnancy card because there is no one in my family that will have a child nor would I get pregnant)
Another meaning: Lover, confidant, or best friend.

Hate; Fear. This card shows a love that has grown too strong and become hate, or possibly fear
and terror of another person. It’s also possible that the Seven of Hearts will act as a warning in a reading, alerting the subject to the presence of an enemy.
Seven of Hearts: A troubled heart or emotional problem. Unsettled emotions. Dissipation of trouble, sometimes. Religion, in general.
Another meaning is: http://thecardsoflife.com/seven-of-hearts-person/
Another meaning: inconsistent friend, challenges in love/relationship, (doubts), disappointment, unrealiable, not dependable, let down.

A trunk or travel case; A lock. Like with other fours, this card shows a relative stagnation.
However, in the case of the Four of Hearts, that could also mean incubation or preparation. The image
of a hope chest or a steamer trunk fits this card, with all their promised potential for excitement,
romance, marriage, and just life in general. However, getting mired down in preparation can lead to a
life of lockdown, where everything is being kept just so, and never given the opportunity for use.
Another meaning: Emotional stability. An even temper. Fairness or justice. An apartment or summer home or cottage. In times past, but occasionally still today, a barn or outbuilding serving some function for the doings of the homestead (which is the Ace of Hearts).
Another meaning: Feeling protect & secure in love/marriage or family, commitment or marriage, Foundation of love is strong.

There might be a young male who is hated for promised potential
or
Calm & peace is is replaced with fear/hate about the promised potential.
or
There might be someone who I am having challenges with in feeling secure.

Hung out (4heart) with someone(J heart) I have unsettles emotions with. (7heart)
~~~~~
4: December 22nd-28
7:spade: A:spade: 2:club:
While the sevens of the other suits tend to have some potent negativity,
the Seven of Spades can have a very good side. It can imply a great deal of strength, mastery of a
situation, or even coming victory and glory. Caution is always best, though. If this card lands with the
Ace, Five, Nine, or Ten of Spades, heads will roll.
Another meaning: Loss of something, uncovering a truth, removal
Advice that is best not taken; loss. There is some obstacle to success, and this indicates that obstacles may be coming from within the querent.

Death; Sudden change. This card is paralleled by the Death card in the tarot deck. And like its
counterpart, it doesn’t necessarily mean physical death, but instead a sudden transformation or an
ending. Much of this card’s meaning depends upon what it’s next to.
Another meaning: Death, rebirth, change transformation...ending of one thing and beginning of another. Existing problems may be resolved.
Misfortune; sometimes associated with death or, more often, a difficult ending.

A handshake; Business partnership. The Two of Clubs shows an agreement or arrangement made
between two people, often for the sake of business or stability. It can indicate a treaty or alliance of
some kind, or a pairing up to overcome obstacles in the way.
Another meaning: Conversation, communication, may lead to impatience irritability & confrontation,
Obstacles to success; malicious gossip.

Heads are going to roll this week about some arrangement made between two people.

or

Heads are going to roll this week because of an agreement.
(Maybe sister drama that I always get thrown in the middle of)

or

Uncovering a truth that causes existing problems to be resolved through communication/confrontation.

Advice best not taken about a difficult situation that has obstacles preventing success easily.

Heads did roll but it was a sister fight over what was suppose to happen/not a clear agreement. Poor communication/planning
~~~
5: December 29-Jan 4th
10:club: k:spade: 9:diamond:
A herd or flock; Clouds. This card is abundance, completion, and satisfaction. It is definitely all
about rewards, comfort, and a job well done. It completes the sense of accomplishment found in the
Five of Clubs, and adds the element of restfulness. The seeker’s found his or her calling, home life is
happy and stable, and/or business is steady and fulfilling. The clouds, heavy with rain on the horizon,
are pouring down copiously. This is the “pat on the back” or “Miller time” card.
Business success. Good luck with money. A trip taken now may result in a new friend or love interest.

A criminal; An executioner; Wrath; A male rival. The King of Spades is powerful, too, and just as
vicious as his queen. He is not the just judge found in the clubs, but an executioner ready to exact a
penalty for any wrongdoings. He will take what is rightfully the client’s if he can, or attack when the
client is the weakest. If this card appears, the client should attempt to make amends for any
transgressions, and turn to friends or family for support in case hard times lie ahead.
Dark-haired man; or a man with Air predominating in his chart. An ambitious man, perhaps self-serving.
A doctor
A male who is very serious or possibly cold.
A tailor/seamstress.

Daydreams; Peace and contentment. Think of this card as a leisurely day spent in the sun with
nothing particular to do. It’s a card of relative idleness, but without any real negativity. It’s a well learned
rest, a chance to plan for the future, and time to stop and smell the flowers. Beware, though, if
it’s paired with a four of any kind, as it may mean that all one’s plans are but pipe dreams, destined to
disappear like clouds in an afternoon sky. Or something like that.
A new business deal; travel; restlessness; a change of residence.

Business success with a Dark haired Man (I see this as a lawyer/judge because of the Kspade) causes travel or change of residence.

Completion/satisfaction with a king of swords person about plans for the future or travel. Alternatively....maybe it means completion of a driver's test (king spades+9 diamond)

3 rows will be the 3 themes of the month

See how this works out:
2:spade: - 8heart - Jheart - 7spade - 10:club:
separation - wooing/flirting - self-pampering/young male - victory - completion/abundance/satisfaction.
9:heart: - 7clubs - 7hearts - Aspade - K:spade:
cottage/house/new life - doubts/worries - Hate/fear - sudden change/transformation - a judge/executioner
8:diamond: - 5spade - 4heart - 2clubs - 9:diamond:
gossip-idle chat - sickness/buried - promised potential - agreement/arrangement peace/contentment

zhadee

feedback november

I'm not sure how to read this one, so the general Lenormand rules should work here,too. What I usually do with any GT, is reading the whole deck as 4 phrases. As the use of playing card symbols is reduced, I'll just list the numbers.
5's, 3's, and the Queens are complete - groups, gains & losses; growth, and truth
3x Kings, Jacks, 9's, 8's, 7's, and 2's. But not a single 4 - things are on the move, things are going somewhere.
18 black cards, 10 spades! Yuck.

asking myself - do workmates count as groups? When thinking about previously sorrow then yes. All the queens with their truths in the group, there were gains (a bit of added weight, new members to the team) and losses (one member gone, and sadly, she told a big fat lie).
Things have been on the move and are moving still. Direction yet unclear.
All the black cards... I felt bad for most of the time, but then suddenly there was understanding. The dark clouds dissolved. Now I can look at some things without feeling sorry. I just look and think and watch from different perspectives.

The first 3 cards are clubs: talking about the present situation at work. 9 - 8 - 3 looks like a reduction. Q:club: could be one of my workmates, who is also a friend of mine. She has much on her plate, but she is doing a good job. Looks like she tries to sort things out, but she cannot give more than she has. I know she wants to help me. 7 - 3 - 7 looks like a loss of trouble, but that might be a deception in order to keep me calm and happy.
Stresslevel reduced, I have been on vacation for two weeks. Q:club: might be my new boss. Something she said changed perspective, I have to rethink.

second line: I know these cards aren't mean, but what an assembly of ghastly combinations! This almost looks like physical death. All in all, bad news coming along, and the inability to communicate adds to the discomfort. A - 8 - 9 looks like a piece of work, and it will not be easy. The cure, or offer (5:club: could be a helping hand) brings forth an ending. Bad news and lots of malicious gossip. This might not be of my concern, though it adds to the scenery. lol
Looks like somebody was coming to a decision, and I am confronted with the result. Could refer to both work and location.

there was no physical death, no specifically bad news, and communication wasn't that bad. A friend of mine was worried about his health, I was worried about his demeanour. I also accepted that I am not friends with a person who thinks we're friends. Though we are interested in the same thing, I cannot be bothered to see her more often than once a month. Preferably less. She does not appear as a queen, perhabs she is the black J? Well, she is a nice person doing nice things, but she wears me down. After one hour in her company, I feel drained.
Back to the bright side, there is a deeply moving exchange going on. I did a lot of inner work, but no rumination. Perhaps that's what the spades are all about - they are locks which do not automatically come with keys.
However, all the other cards might work as keys: :heart: for friendliness and love, :diamond: for money and exchange, :club: for effort and activity.

Third line: King 2 Queen. Not sure who this couple is. They have a friends-with-benefits relationship. The Q:spade: is surrounded by many red cards, she should be a gentle person. Smart, a bit intimidating. Connected to the
Q:heart:, should be a person in my virtual network. Should be a person I really like, I can think of at least one person who fits that description. Not sure how the playing cards describe cardreading, but the first one that comes to mind is J:diamond:. This line looks nice, it talks about daydreaming and physical activity that keeps the nasty mood at bay
Still no idea who this couple is. Daydreaming and physical activity was helpful.

Fourth line comes with Q:heart:, which seems a rather inactive position. Things happen to me, I watch them come. There also is that heartache, which feels like I visit a graveyard. Do I come to peace with this after all? Could also be a journey and a visitor coming by. Oh, don't get me started again!

I'm coming to peace with myself. The walk is becoming a memory, the people I met with are also becoming memories. So there you have the cemetary... all filled with happy memories. No further harm. I can turn my back, feeling the power of this lifechanging experience, and feel enabled to be alive. I wish they'd be my friends, but like after school's over the paths needed to seperate.

zhadee

zhadee 05-11.12.2016

3:club: A:spade: 3:diamond: 6:spade: 8:spade: 2:club: J:diamond:

So at first sight, with the predominance of spade and black cards the following week, I would say a lot of obstacles and perhaps even a very painful one (Ace), which are related to the realm of work and finances, given the absence of heart
ma belle, I will update daily =)

3:club: -this is about social or business growth, a meeting or a small expansion happening within that realm. This can also be the card of creativity, where you produce something. So this seems to be about doing practical things for the small social expansion... perhaps at work, or just going to a grocery store. Small interactions.
monday, I was tired from an exhausting weekend in the nursing home. I slept long, did nothing apart from small daily chores and grocery shopping ^^

A:spade: -the card of major obstacles and one which is going to be pivotal that week. Modifying 3:club:, it seems to indicate major obstacles in that expansion and growth.

tuesday had been an interesting day, I went to a lecture which was insightful. No major obstacles, but a change of perspective

3:diamond: -there's another 3 which seems to be about a small financial gain here. It's also a partial reward for something. Modifying A:spade:, it almost looks like payment of a fine, or a payout to cover a debt... in any case, it feels like some form of financial loss, but not a great one.
wednesday - interesting that you say reward. I was rewarded with the task of doing some shopping for a client. o_0
The money I've spent will be returned to me, but not the time it took me to get the stuff.

6:spade: -a difficult path, a thorny way... and if it modifying 3 diamonds, again I sense financial difficulties. This is also said to be 'the parting of ways', the end of a road... so I feel it has to do with this financial situation again, or perhaps just a loss of energy. You are increasingly drained here.

this has been one of the best days at work in a long time. The parting of ways in a most agreeable way. I felt really good, uplifted and energised - after work, I managed to go shopping (bought more care products for my clients, now they will all have beautiful soft skin), I also went and fed the birds. Lovely day outside. Later, I had a brilliant exchange with a friend on horoscopes.
8:spade: -things don't get better. There's an increase from the 6 to 8, so the obstacles get a little more intense look even more like they are there to stay. 8:spade: seem to indicate troubles with health, so you could come up with a migraine, or the flu... or just an aching body from the tiredness.
aye, no signs of flu or cold. My body aches a bit from work and cycling, but this gets better after a hot bath and a good night of rest. Also no aching shoulders, neck or back, no muscle tension. No migraine. On the contrary - I feel really good, mentally and physically. I don't even have dark thoughts. It was a perfectly normal day at work, I was able to stay calm when I had to deal with the weirdest client's relatives.
2:club: -an exchange or partnership with a friend/sibling. This could be something about a friend outside of your home. Modifying the 8:spade:, it could be you going out to see the doctor and receiving advice, getting some sort of counsel about health or other worries.
no exchange, no visit to the doctor :) I just felt a bit grumpy. Otherwise, a perfectly normal day at work. The usually nasty 'surprise' visit of the craziest relative. There are some weird relatives, but she is the queen of all.

J:diamond: -good news or a fair youth... I would say modifying the 2:club: that this can be a message from a friend, a piece of good news or advice from the person you've met the during the week and who counselled you. It could be just a reading here on AT which leaves you feeling a lot perkier and ready to take on the new week.
hah, there has been a message and it made me feel happy =)
Overall, a bit of a complicated week with quite a sore point in the A spade, and the troubles are directed at either your health or your finances, or both. If things take a step up during the week and seem insurmountable, they won't be. You will find a degree of help or support, it appears here and finish the week on a rather good note. You can expect good news or developments and/or your energy restored and refreshed.

Do update, ma belle!

aye, no sore point throughout the week, no health troubles though it sounds and looks like I am surrounded by human culture dishes :p
the week ended by having an idea for next year & the Juletide's oracles.
Thank you very much Aralove, this has been a fun exchange! Looks like the black cards aren't that black. No need to fear the spades.

AraLuck

4:diamond: 2:diamond: A:diamond: 10:spade: 7:diamond: 3:spade: J:club:

4x diamonds - looks like an energetic week at work :)

Diamonds are about energy. Social interaction and noney are forms of energy, so
monday starts with no news. Nothing comes in, nothing gets out. The 4 corners of a room, feeling a bit bored, a bit of cabin fever. A good day for paper work, or anything you don't need to be creative with. It might be difficult to stay in focus. Inner work at work.

Yes.. I think with my discussions with you know know... I did feel cabin fever Monday onwards... lol (good idea to do this day by day by the way). But I sense it's more about money difficulties... some stagnant negotiations about the sale of my son's PC. Cash crunch in India too... very difficult to get cash in hand. Every payment is being electronically and well, this sort of thing.

Tuesday picks up on the same energy, but comes with a decision that roots in a thought from yesterday. You're ready to meet face to face, you're ready for exchange. Chatting, talking on the phone, exchanging thoughts and ideas. A good day to talk to the bank, or getting some financial/numeric stuff done in the way of calculating.

Yup... both of those things happened :D A financial exchange with the computer buyers and energy one on the phone with SC.

Wednesday presents you with a result: you feel clear, you know what you want, you have made up your mind. You also feel resolved, things fall into place, you're contented to be alone. You take responsibility. A message either comes to you, or you are sending one. A good day to care of your needs.
Sent one... spoke to someone a little lunatic... but all is well. Took care of the house, welcomed my niece to India.

Thursday shows many challenges. Now that the worst is over, you are ready take a look around you. The message from yesterday sinks in, you feel as if a big weight left your shoulders. Though you may not specifically like what you see, you may be at peace with yourself, catch your breath, take a well-deserved break. Best option for today would be nothing to do, just rest and relax. You have completed a task.

Today has been a bit of an obstacle race! I really, really had lots to do and I still do. Because I am travelling at the weekend, I am trying to fit everything in. My son comes home on Fridays, but he's coming a day early with a ton of demands, and this just adds to my stresses... I am used to being alone, so so many energies at the same time around from a Cancerian and Pisces (son and niece) can make me feel a little flooded :D

Friday presents you with a bit of a scatterbrain. So much to do, so much to take attention of! You could do with extra arms and legs, however, you may find it difficult to focus. If the 7 planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn) are depicted by this card, and they all represent a different energy, then today they are a bit difficult to manouvre: Sun wants to shine, Moon wants to feel deeply & intense, Mercury wants news, Venus wants to indulge the senses, Mars wants to fight, Jupiter wants something great, Saturn wants to brood & ponder. Should be difficult to satisfy the band.

Very much so. And my niece who;s staying with me is a roller coaster. I am exhausted and am counting the 10 days till she leaves! I thought she'd be more fun... but she's really an anxious young woman who's piling on me a bit, instead of elevating me. Anyways... yes, lots of conflicting energies on Friday as we travelled out of the city. Loads to do and many tensions.

Saturday comes along with growing difficulties: a third party chimes in. Could be a visitor you don't like to see, or a relative you don't wish to meet but the date cannot be avoided. This card is assigned to loss - maybe your band of planets made you spend money to serve their purposes yesterday and you come to realise that it had been too much.

Saturday's loss maybe be due to giving up a room which we payed more for, in exchange for a cheaper one as the people next to us were extremely noisy. Noise followed us throughout the evening. I was very pissed off.

Sunday offers you a visit of a friend. Somebody you really like to see, somebody who helps you finding a different perspective. Their words help your mind to strip down from woes and troubles. Just as a true friend may do - you cannot help but feeling better. Their words put things into perspective.

No visit from anyone, as we toured old heritage sites and learned about the vestige etc...

Overall, mostly spot on. We didn't do one for this week.

zhadee

Sacred Days of Yule

Earlier today I thought about using the playing cards for the sacred days. There are 52 cards, 13 cards in each suit which makes the perfect deck to work with. So I decided to use the playing cards as an oracle for the 13 moons of 2017.
Who likes to join? Group readings should be more fun than solitude musings in a diary... :party:
Asking here, so we can discuss the modalities and open the new study thread with a clear outline.