Lo Scarabeo Cardstock

G6

I'm sorry to hear this G6. Mine is printed in Italy with an ISBN 9788883951015. It's thin but flexible and resilient. Similar to my Klimt and Dream Enchantress (two LoS decks that I have on hand).

ETA: Just compared it to Golden Universal which I have but hadn't used and Nefertari's that I have is thinner and not as snappy.

Hey B, thanks! It's no biggie though in the grand scheme of life, lol! I do want Lo Scarabeo to make all their decks sturdy with substanstial lamination and premium editions. I probably tested the same two decks as you because my Golden Universal and Tarot of the Pirates were both better than this Nefertari copy I received. My 1998 Secret Tarot is no comparison to the others mentioned here. Thick and waxy like the Belgium prints everyone loves.

banbha

Hey B, thanks! It's no biggie though in the grand scheme of life, lol! I do want Lo Scarabeo to make all their decks sturdy with substanstial lamination and premium editions. I probably tested the same two decks as you because my Golden Universal and Tarot of the Pirates were both better than this Nefertari copy I received. My 1998 Secret Tarot is no comparison to the others mentioned here. Thick and waxy like the Belgium prints everyone loves.
Haha, nooo, not in the grand scheme of things, but it is a premium priced deck from LoScarabeo. You justifiably have some expectations regarding the card stock.

Le Fanu

Lo Scarabeo's cardstock has degraded over the years.
Sorry to say - and with the greatest respect etc etc - but this is another tarot myth in the making and I'm not buying it.

I have been buying LoS decks across the years - have bought pretty much all of them - got rid of the Fey - but other than that I have been buying them since the 90s - and there is very little difference. I would say an imperceptible difference. I do not have the recent Premium Editions so can't comment on those but then I know they're a league apart anyway.

I have all those early ones - Hidden Folk, Ancient Tarots of xyz and various printings (6?) of the Crystal Tarot and I have just compared my two early Tarot of the Origins and the Ceccoli and my two Nefertaris - one early, one later. I have compared my Secret and my Golden Universal and the new Mystical and the old Reincarnation and Klimt etc etc.

I agree it's no biggie in the scheme of things - yet it is one of our favourite topics but I just had to register it here in case someone reads this thread in a few years and starts posting "I heard that the newer printings of LoS decks have flimsy cardstock..."

One lone voice is saying it's not true. :)

WhiteWolfy

Interesting...

I have a fair few Lo Scarabeo decks now and i love their card stock as they shuffle effortlessly and as some others have said i wouldn't say the card stock is thin (i have Tarot of Transformation to compare to, now that's thin), i think the card stock is ultra flexible and resilient.

There's no comparison to the Llewellyn card stock either, Lo Scarabeo wins hands up, just my experience.

gregory

Sorry to say - and with the greatest respect etc etc - but this is another tarot myth in the making and I'm not buying it.

I have been buying LoS decks across the years - have bought pretty much all of them - got rid of the Fey - but other than that I have been buying them since the 90s - and there is very little difference. I would say an imperceptible difference. I do not have the recent Premium Editions so can't comment on those but then I know they're a league apart anyway.

I have all those early ones - Hidden Folk, Ancient Tarots of xyz and various printings (6?) of the Crystal Tarot and I have just compared my two early Tarot of the Origins and the Ceccoli and my two Nefertaris - one early, one later. I have compared my Secret and my Golden Universal and the new Mystical and the old Reincarnation and Klimt etc etc.

I agree it's no biggie in the scheme of things - yet it is one of our favourite topics but I just had to register it here in case someone reads this thread in a few years and starts posting "I heard that the newer printings of LoS decks have flimsy cardstock..."

Thanks for that Leffy. You are not a lone voice.

G6

It's too bad you are an ocean away because you could compare my 1998 Secret Tarot to my more recent LoScar decks for yourself. Respectfully not a myth. Especially not for Llewellyn either! Oh whata downward spiral! I'm 😵 !

✌🏻

G6

G6

Haha, nooo, not in the grand scheme of things, but it is a premium priced deck from LoScarabeo. You justifiably have some expectations regarding the card stock.

Thanks, B! 😊 We have the premium edition of Santa Muerte Tarot to look forward to... ?

banbha

Thanks, B! �� We have the premium edition of Santa Muerte Tarot to look forward to... ?

I am looking forward to it, I believe the card stock will be premium. I'm happy with LoS card stock in general. I like the Golden Universal card stock. I just have some questions about the Nefertari's Tarot.

ETA: The list price for the premium card stock edition of the Santa Muerte is $39 while the Nefertari's is list price is $49.

I can't be the only one who sees and can even feel the outline of the gold stamping on the back of the Nefertari's Tarots cards? This is not the case with the Golden Universal or the Klimt. Just saying. I still love my deck and will even buy another to have a back up and the other card back, but I can't deny what is right in front of me and for an ultra premium price for a LoS deck.

gregory

The Nefertari costs more because of all the gold.

Look, if you think the deck is that bad why not contact LoS and ask for a replacement. Their customer services is brilliant.

banbha

The Nefertari costs more because of all the gold.

Look, if you think the deck is that bad why not contact LoS and ask for a replacement. Their customer services is brilliant.

Because I don't think my issue is unique. But I guess it couldn't hurt to express my feelings to them. Thanks for the idea but I'm not going to part with my deck.