Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

agviz

Edit: I was about to place an order for the AGM standard... then read this thread better and realised that doesn't have the crackle back. Oh, but the confusion of it all.

CharlotteK

OK. Amazon.com has one that is orange and one that is white. The white weighs more than the orange and is a few dollars more. But they are the same dimensions. Can we assume the dimensions are wrong and the white one is standard and the orange is pocket size and the white is standard because of the price being more? (Head spinning like Linda Blair)
Heh. That's the conclusion I've come to! The orange one is listed elsewhere with smaller (pocket size) dimensions. I've ordered both šŸ˜ I can always return one (or gift it).

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

FLizarraga

It's very tempting, this search for the elusive perfect Rider Waite, but I was already burned with the Lo Scarabeo deck. I'm not buying any more of these apparitions until I know exactly what I'm getting, no siree bob.

Wheel of Fantastic

I will post the ISBN later when I get home.

delizt

The vendor I purchased from on Amazon, just emailed me the dimensions:

Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 1 x 5.2 inches, 7,0 x 12,0 cm

hope that helps.... it's an orange box pictured with the red crackle backs ( link posted earlier in thread) it's in German however and I'm not sure of the typeface...

Wheel of Fantastic

O.K., I've just looked at the box of my Premium edition and can't see any ISBN number.

Doing a little more research I went to www.koenigsfurt-urania.com - the domestic website - and navigated my way to their tarot catalogue. Tarotworld is their international site and there they only sell different language versions of their 'standard' deck with the rosicrucian backs. An educated guess would be the Premium decks were only made for the German market.

It appears the Premium edition comes in mini, standard and pocket sizes; the boxes all have varying amounts of orange depending on the deck size; they all say 'Tarot von A.E. Waite' on the front; and they only come in German. Basically, anything else is not the deck you're looking for.

CharlotteK

O.K., I've just looked at the box of my Premium edition and can't see any ISBN number.

Doing a little more research I went to www.koenigsfurt-urania.com - the domestic website - and navigated my way to their tarot catalogue. Tarotworld is their international site and there they only sell different language versions of their 'standard' deck with the rosicrucian backs. An educated guess would be the Premium decks were only made for the German market.

It appears the Premium edition comes in mini, standard and pocket sizes; the boxes all have varying amounts of orange depending on the deck size; they all say 'Tarot von A.E. Waite' on the front; and they only come in German. Basically, anything else is not the deck you're looking for.
e36bf57c8dafa9a229d16ea28c3f1134.jpg

If you don't want a pocket one, go for one with a white top (just make sure it's not a mini!).

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

agviz

I finally placed an order and went for the Premium/German white box (3.2 x 1.4 x 5.1 inches, 9.9 ounces) on Amazon. If I'm thinking correctly, it's standard size and has the crackle backs.

delizt

Im soo confused! So I placed another order with the same vendor for the white box, and have asked for confirmation on which is which...hopefully I'll get a reply and be able to cancel the smaller version, Fingers crossed!

Le Fanu

I went to German amazon, ordered the standard one which has the same box as the one you linked in the Konigsfurt catalogue. It's the German edition "von" A.E Waite. Standard format. Let's see...