Yes or No

Professor X

blueviolet said:
I think rather than get frustrated, you should be flattered that you've become one of the teachers for this spread ;) -- where you've been talking about your success with it, others have been having a bit of trouble and trying to understand how you're doing it.

I'm sorry I didn't recall the entire thread this morning, I'm in a fog from not feeling well. I was just checking and rereading what you last wrote and thinking, whaaa? Wait a minute, maybe I'm doing it wrong again.

Next time you could just quote your first post or something. :D

I'm sorry if I added to your pile of repetitive questioning. But I get it now!
And if you were checking what would've come up after that Ace of Cups, then you mean it would've been all 3 Aces if you continued with all piles.

No problem and thanks for the compliment.

But yes if I would have kept dealing I would have had 3 Aces.
Something told me to check the cards and that is what I found.
I wasnt expecting that to happen at all. I would that basically shows that my answer is a DEFINITE yes.

blueviolet

Professor X said:
Something told me to check the cards and that is what I found.
I wasnt expecting that to happen at all. I would that basically shows that my answer is a DEFINITE yes.

That's cool! Now that I've been getting the hang of it, I couldn't leave it at one Ace, one pile. My curiosity gets the best of me and I deal the other two piles to see what comes.
I haven't been able to check the accuracy yet, but I'm trying to keep a record of it. And I agree that the other cards are saying something, especially the last cards in the pile that go with the final result. I don't quite get the number of events that must happen yet -- because one pile may be short, another may be full, and another may be midway. And then I think -- so which is it? All of them? But so far I'm seeing a story being told by them as I flip through. And it seems to coincide with the question.

olivia1

blueviolet said:
I think rather than get frustrated, you should be flattered that you've become one of the teachers for this spread ;) -- where you've been talking about your success with it, others have been having a bit of trouble and trying to understand how you're doing it.

well, i asked because the way Prof X explained it (in the post I asked about) it came across- to me- that he was going about it slightly differently than how the OP instructed (which is to stop and make a new pile when Ace or Magician shows up). so i thought maybe the instructions needed to be refined or perhaps I just misunderstood the instructions all together? I am curious about Prof X's method because I have been strictly following the original instructions and have not been getting consistently accurate results. However, I do not want to write this spread off completely when clearly someone is getting good results.

Edited: maybe "method" was not the right word. maybe i should have said " his way of further drawing more cards even though he already got an answer." After all, he did not say that he did this all the time. Anyway, it is a good idea and I will keep it in mind. A few times, I got a Magician or Ace in the first few cards (sometimes the first card) and I would stop because I thought it was a clear "yes." It later turned out to be a "no."

blueviolet

olivia1 said:
well, i asked because the way Prof X explained it (in the post I asked about) it did it not seem like he was going about it the way the OP instructed (which is to stop and draw a new pile when Ace or Magician shows up). so i thought maybe the instructions needed to be refined or perhaps I just misunderstood the instructions all together? I am curious about Prof X's method because I have been following the original instructions and have not been getting consistently accurate results. However, I do not want to write this spread off when clearly someone is getting good results.

It's been clarified that Prof-X was following the method we understand, but he was going to stop on the first Ace for the first pile.
He was merely checking the other cards in his deck that were upcoming. They would've been dealt into the next two piles though, making it a clear 3-Ace Definite Yes answer.

olivia1

blueviolet said:
It's been clarified that Prof-X was following the method we understand, but he was going to stop on the first Ace for the first pile.
He was merely checking the other cards in his deck that were upcoming. They would've been dealt into the next two piles though, making it a clear 3-Ace Definite Yes answer.

Yes, he did make that perfectly clear here:

Professor X said:
No the aces were all on the first pile within the first six cards. That was what made the reading so special.

Please see my previous post. I added an edit to clear up the confusion.I think Prof X is just very lucky. Like all spreads, we will all experience a different degree of success. That doesn't mean we are doing it wrong or that this spread does not work :)

Professor X

olivia1 said:
Edited: maybe "method" was not the right word. maybe i should have said " his way of further drawing more cards even though he already got an answer." After all, he did not say that he did this all the time. Anyway, it is a good idea and I will keep it in mind. A few times, I got a Magician or Ace in the first few cards (sometimes the first card) and I would stop because I thought it was a clear "yes." It later turned out to be a "no."

The only reason I even checked was simply because the first card was a Ace.
I got curious to see what would have came up next after the first one. That was when I saw all the Aces. Which means that If I would have went on with the reading it would have 3 Aces right off the bat.

But generally I have learned that it is probaly best to stop after the first ace/magician in the piles BUT you can indeed check the cards behind it to see if anything significant is there. You never know what good info may come up.

Professor X

Anyone still using this spread?

I notice that some of the answers I got using it are still holding true

Kagami

I was a little confused by this spread as well, so to make it more intuitive for myself, I gave it a bit of a twist using the same answer/time cards of the aces and what season they represent but only drawing one pile, and taking the reaching of 13 cards with no ace as a no. Any ace at all signified an answer for me, along with time, and I also cut the deck after shuffling it.

Well, strangely enough, I pulled an ace of pentacles on the very first card. A 'yes' and in winter- this winter (since it's already winter at the moment) or next winter, I wonder? My deck also has a more springtime illustration for this card as well, perhaps just indicating spring instead of winter, or maybe even a combination of the two, heheheh.

Still, it was quite an interesting and abrupt outcome. Thanks for posting this. :)

Professor X

Kagami said:
I was a little confused by this spread as well, so to make it more intuitive for myself, I gave it a bit of a twist using the same answer/time cards of the aces and what season they represent but only drawing one pile, and taking the reaching of 13 cards with no ace as a no. Any ace at all signified an answer for me, along with time, and I also cut the deck after shuffling it.

Well, strangely enough, I pulled an ace of pentacles on the very first card. A 'yes' and in winter- this winter (since it's already winter at the moment) or next winter, I wonder? My deck also has a more springtime illustration for this card as well, perhaps just indicating spring instead of winter, or maybe even a combination of the two, heheheh.

Still, it was quite an interesting and abrupt outcome. Thanks for posting this. :)

You can make whatever variations to the spread that you feel will work best for you. That is what Tarot is about. Each individual has there own way they feel the cards work. The cards dont work alike for the same two people. They will always work a little differently for all of us.

Go with whatever you feel the result is showing you. Your interpretation will more than likely be right.

Golden Moon

I just did the yes/no spread and on the 1st try I got an ace of pentacles. So I took it as no.