Chakras and Crystals

Briar Rose

Does anyone work with your crystals for balancing your chakras?

I was looking on e-bay for sets for sale. I love the flat carved ones.

I notice that in the sets, they are using a green stone (heart chakra)? Why? Like adventurine.

Is this the proper list?

clear quartz/crown

brow/amethyst

throat/sodalite

heart/pink quartz

solar plexus/citrine

sacral/ carnelian

root/ red jasper

I think you can substitute?
You can cut and paste and add to my list. Maybe we could get an on going list and everyone can add to it, and see different stones we can come up with?

Kristyjnh

There isn't really a "proper" list; many stones and crystals can work with multiple Chakras. Generally, the rule of thumb is color.

Crown - Violet/Clear
3rd Eye - Indigo/Violet
Throat - Blue
Heart - Green/Pink
Solar Plexus - Yellow/Gold
Sacral - Orange
Root/Base - Red/Black

Some favorites of mine for each Chakra are...

Crown - Selenite, Clear Quartz (which works with any Chakra), Moonstone, and Sugilite
3rd Eye - Fluorite, Iolite, Calcite, Howlite, Labradorite, Kyanite, and Sodalite
Throat - Blue Lace Agate, Blue Quartz (Blue anything really), Chrysocolla, Apatite and Lapis Lazuli
Heart - Peridot, Pink and Green Tourmaline, Ruby, Moss/Tree Agates, Unakite, and Bloodstone (Which works well with all lower Chakras)
Solar Plexus - Citrine, Tiger's Eye, Pietersite, Pyrite, Sunstone, Amber, and Yellow/Dalmatian/Fancy Jaspers
Sacral - Carnelian, Orange Jasper/Calcite/Aventurine, Aragonite, Peach/Tangerine Quartz, and Goldstone
Root - Garnet, Snowflake Obsidian, Black Tourmaline/Onyx/anything really, Hematite, Petrified Wood, and Smokey Quartz

So there's the short list (composted of ones I like a lot). I actually prefer green Heart Chakra stones over pink ones - so my list has a lot of the green ones. Most of the crystals listed work with more than just the one I like them most for.

Every stone/crystal is going to have one or more Chakras that it works with, you just have to look it up. This is a great site for information - http://www.healingcrystals.com/products-by-stone.html - I have their Crystal Cards and they're awesome.

Briar Rose

Thank you so much!

But why the green crystals for the heart chakra?

Kristyjnh

Green is nurturing and encourages us to connect to nature.

There's a bit about what green means found here. http://crystal-cure.com/green.html

"Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Grass green is the most restful color. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony. Green is a safe color, if you don't know what color to use anywhere use green.

Green contains the powerful energies of nature, growth, desire to expand or increase. Balance and a sense of order are found in the color green. Change and transformation is necessary for growth, and so this ability to sustain changes is also a part of the energy of green."

I would also guess it has to do with the relationship between the colors of the rainbow and the 7 Chakras. Starting at the Root we go through Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet by the Crown.

semprini

In my energy balancing group, we use green (with some pink) for the heart chakra too.

May I also suggest lapis lazuli for the third eye?

stonesatiety

In my experience, we primarily gravitate towards using given colors in chakra work, due to the way light visible to us splits through a prism, as Kristyjnh relates. However, at root we are not wedded to a particular color, or any colors for the chakras. It feels and works great, but it's one of many options. This just for after you go wild with and feel comfortable with the colors.

Try reversing the colors and/or using any color that comes to you--with stones, that means simply trusting which stone wants to go where. How fun! Some people use a Herkimer diamond on each chakra. I know you like Herks. Me too! Or try a bunch of meteorites (it only takes tiny ones). How about all black stones? All white stones? All pyramids? All merkabas? All pennies? All this just for fun.

Pink is for the "high heart", which some feel is located atop the green location.

Consider moldavite for a wonkin' fun heart stone! :)

JoyousGirl

Hi Briar

There isn't really a preferred stone for each chakra - other than your own preference. It is the colour of the stone more so than its type.

The heart chakra is green, which is why a green stone is suggested. However, it can be alternated with pink - and my thinking is that is because pink is a combination of red (base chakra) and white (crown chakra - yes, even though it is considered purple or silver etc). The heart chakra is the centre chakra which acts as a bridge between the lower and higher chakras.

It may be that, depending on the condition of the chakra, it needs balancing with another coloured stone. Also, chakras have these designated colours but if they have transmuted to their highest frequency by higher chakras, so to speak, they may be another colour. (The 3 lower chakras are physical and we eventually need to spiritualise them).

I hope this helps and makes sense.

stonesatiety

Briar Rose: Wandering around a used bookstore today I found a book by Katrina Raphaell called "Crystalline Illumination." It's only four years old and addresses layouts, stones and colors. Her layouts in this book are fairly simple compared with those in her earlier three books. She talks about the high heart and a lot more. This looks like something you might really like. I bought it!

Briar Rose

I was thinking of buying her books the other day. And now that you mentioned it, I am going to look her up in Amazon. Thank you so much. Let me know how oyu like reading her book.

stonesatiety

Hi BriarR: This book is not a general layout book. Rather, it addresses extended work with stones. Still think you'd like it. So far I like it, but my experience with stones, consciousness and energy fills in the blanks. I recommend KR's earlier trilogy as an in-depth, concentrated resource in your stone exploration. For example, one of the three talks about crystal configurations like generators, DOW configurations, record keepers, etc. I'd forgotten after so many years. I used to glance at the books in the nearby used bookstore during lunch. Funny enough, I was working at the stone and jewelry store at the time.

I just remembered to mention the main place--other than the stones--I learned the metaphysical aspects of stones, a place called Majestic Quartz in New Zealand. Anthony has a crystal healing section on the website that is not about selling anything, just helping people use the stones for healing. Do a search and you'll find it. The majority of my stones came through them as well. Only vibrant, happy stones have come from MQ. I spent many happy hours looking at pictures of stones, reading about them and feeling their energy. This was in early 2003, if I remember correctly. If I ever get around to taking some pics, I'll post a pic of the chakra set I got from MQ.

Oh, I wanted to add that Anthony used to have some awesome and funny pics of layouts he did. Sometimes there were so many big stones I had to laugh!!! If you can't find layout pics, email Anthony and tell him Phil sent you. (No profit in it for me other than helping.) Anthony is quite personable and will surely guide you to pics, or even send you some!