Scythe directionality

Aster Breo

I just found exactly the right card to show you, as the illustration makes it really clear, haha!

You see that the front part of the cow, which falls behind the handle, is safe.

But the back part, where the blade faces to the left, is marked as cuts of meat! ;)

Yes, that's helpful.

I was getting tangled up in which side of the blade is the cutting edge and which isn't, as opposed to where the blade is relative to the handle.

Padma

I'll come back to this tomorrow - sound ok? For now, yes, it can be what's in danger or where the threat arises. I can dig up a short reading if that would be helpful.

It would be really helpful! Thanks so much, 1Eleven! :) I am always interested in your views!

Yes, that's helpful.

I was getting tangled up in which side of the blade is the cutting edge and which isn't, as opposed to where the blade is relative to the handle.

Yeah, I was messed with it too - especially in decks where the Scythe design was not clear! (they aren't all, trust me!) Lennies are super tricky to learn, despite their inherent simplicity...

Aster Breo

Yeah, I was messed with it too - especially in decks where the Scythe design was not clear! (they aren't all, trust me!) Lennies are super tricky to learn, despite their inherent simplicity...

Plus directionality is not an aspect that everyone uses. I'm on the fence about it, but trying to stay open.

1Eleven

Removed to share within Readings section.

Padma

Yes, that's helpful.

I owe you an apology, I believe, Aster Breo - I think I was not really understanding your initial query (which is what I began to think early into this, last night)! I see what you mean very clearly now. I hope I did not come off as patronizing - and to be honest, I was having such fun looking up images of the cards that I kinda got carried away ;) I loved the one with the cow and the Scythe! :laugh:

Thanks for bringing up such an interesting question! Also very grateful to 1Eleven for illustrating the point (no pun intended! :laugh:)

Padma

loved the one with the cow and the Scythe! :laugh:

Do you know what deck that is?

no - but I will go hunting! ;)

turns out it is the Widow Norton Lenormand deck, by Chas Bogan - he does not seem to have published it yet! you can see them on pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/modernconjure/the-widow-norton-lenormand/

and he has a Facebook page, so if you are on there (I am not, alas!) you may be able to ask him directly about it...I would LOVE to have this deck!