companion books from Fool's Dog app

delinfrey

I purchased the Fool's Dog Shadowscapes app some months ago, fell absolutely in love, and now also purchased the physical deck (arrived today, yay!).
I chose the version without the book, since I thought that the meanings are anyway in the app, together with huge, in-colour detailed images for deeper study. I tried to do a few readings today, but somehow switching between the iPad and the cards disturbed the energy (I strongly prefer using pen and paper during readings).

Does the companion book in the app also come in PDF format (and I am unable to find it)? So I could open it in iBooks and print out the section on the meanings (the section on the app comes without pictures so should be just 15 sheets of paper or so) which would be superhandy while reading? Or do I have to physically write all the interpretations down... oh no! Huge thanks if anyone knows

IreneCroft

Hi!

I don't know for sure but I think there are no pdf-versions of the companion books from the apps.

Though I know how to avoid physical writing. There is a bit easier way. You can do screenshots of the meanings and then print those pictures or (if you are patient enough) you can use any OCR-service (FineReader or free online sites) to convert the images into editable text. I guess it's not illegal (I mean copyright issues) if you do that for personal use.

AJ

you could call Llewellyn and ask to buy the book only

delinfrey

AJ,
I'm not based in the US so only purchasing the book (together with shipping and customs) will be quite extravagant. Of course I would want to purchase the book, but for learning purposes I just wanted the card description readily available, which would make the process easier.

But this question is now invalid anyway - I discovered that by just swiping downwards I can view the card and the text side-by-side (when in the book mode) and just tap on the card to check for the meaning (when in reading mode).

Irene, thanks! What a lovely and SIMPLE idea, can't believe I didn't think of it. Will make a screenshot of some of the descriptions for my journal!

It could be a very good addition to the FD apps if they added the downloadable companion book version. How could there be a copyright issue? I mean, I am just using the app for myself like it is intended. I'm just making it comfier to use. Also, it works like a charm in advertising - Vampyres I bought -solely- for the book after reading it through 10 times on the app.

AJ

AJ,

But this question is now invalid anyway - I discovered that by just swiping downwards I can view the card and the text side-by-side (when in the book mode) and just tap on the card to check for the meaning (when in reading mode).

I just got an ipad over the weekend...so far we are fated for a stormy romance...
it seems so counter intuitive. I'm not going to do any tarot apps for awhile :)
I'm glad your solution was so simple