Sacred Circle - Ace of Swords

ducky0913

When I first looked at this card, the thing that really stuck in my mind was how much I was reminded of the castle from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (don't ask me why).

Doing a detailed view of the card, I see a road streched out leading down to the water where the waves break. That makes me think that the passage to the castle is difficult to reach. The weather is overcast in the lower half of the card, very dreary. I see the sword piercing the gloom, stopping at the hilt. The beams of light that emminate from the sword remind me of a lighthouse, almost as if searching for something. It brightens the sky, making it seem that not all is dreary. It feels like a beacon almost. To reach the castle, one must rely on the sword to light the way.

starsongs

ducky0913 said:
When I first looked at this card, the thing that really stuck in my mind was how much I was reminded of the castle from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (don't ask me why).

Doing a detailed view of the card, I see a road streched out leading down to the water where the waves break. That makes me think that the passage to the castle is difficult to reach. The weather is overcast in the lower half of the card, very dreary. I see the sword piercing the gloom, stopping at the hilt. The beams of light that emminate from the sword remind me of a lighthouse, almost as if searching for something. It brightens the sky, making it seem that not all is dreary. It feels like a beacon almost. To reach the castle, one must rely on the sword to light the way.

Yes! Looking at the card again, I see this too...How Cool! Wonderful insights, Ducky Thank You :D

starsongs

lunakasha

I see myself moving toward the castle in the distance.....but I also sense that this will be a long, difficult journey. I will need to walk and swim and climb my way to the castle, but in the end my efforts will be rewarded. And there, in front of me, is the magnificent sword....the sword of destiny! I notice that the beams of light reflecting off the blade are powerful enough to cut through the clouds above and the fog below....this light will guide me toward my destination. The sword is powerful, it is my weapon...not to be used for destruction, but as a means of realization of myself, my goals....my future.

:) Luna

Nitegoddess

Originally posted by lunakasha
I see myself moving toward the castle in the distance.....but I also sense that this will be a long, difficult journey. I will need to walk and swim and climb my way to the castle, but in the end my efforts will be rewarded. And there, in front of me, is the magnificent sword....the sword of destiny! I notice that the beams of light reflecting off the blade are powerful enough to cut through the clouds above and the fog below....this light will guide me toward my destination. The sword is powerful, it is my weapon...not to be used for destruction, but as a means of realization of myself, my goals....my future.

That was great Luna... I really like the part where you see the Ace of Swords as your weapon .. not of destruction but a means of realization of myself. How beautiful. This Study group is fantastic. I am gaining so much insight to these cards already.

lunakasha

Thanks, Nitegoddess :)....I enjoyed this very much and look forward to studying the next card....

starsongs said:
...I didn't read any of this purposely before I posted. I've gone back to read now, and it so cool that we've all captured some different elements of the card, along with some parallel meanings!!

I did the same thing, starsongs...I wanted to come up with my own interpretations without being influenced by others...but it was very interesting to go back and read afterward....so many similarities! I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts....can't wait for the next one!

:D Luna

contrascarpe

Well I will finally participate. Even though I do not officially own the deck yet (I received a deck with 8 missing cards, a replacement is on the way and they told me to keep the incomplete one - luckily this card was not a missing one).

The first thing that caught my eyes was the cloudy sky and the illuminated rays coming from the sword. I see this as an awakening of the mind after a time of confusion. The path that has been described in previous posts to me seems like a river or a canal - it looks more water-like than dirt like. This again is a raising of our consciousness - we are allowing our subconscious to co-exist with our conscious world.

Ducky - Since Monty Python & the HG is one of my favorite movies, I felt the same thing at first (The Castle of Argggghhh), lol. However, I was also reminded of the beautiful Mont St. Michel off the coast of France - apparently there is a Mount St. Michael in the British Isles as well.

Not having spent alot of time with this deck as of yet, I must say one of the beautiful aspects of the cards seem to be the borders. I just love the clouds on the borders of this card. I am looking forward to delving deeper into this deck as time goes on.

Dan

starsongs

lunakasha said:
I notice that the beams of light reflecting off the blade are powerful enough to cut through the clouds above and the fog below....this light will guide me toward my destination. The sword is powerful, it is my weapon...not to be used for destruction, but as a means of realization of myself, my goals....my future.

Luna, this seems so right..this Light, the light of Mind, or Intellect..thank you!! Your insights are beautiful!

starsongs

Kazz

Re: Sacred Circle ~ Ace of Swords

Nitegoddess said:
~~This is just my personal opinion and I have just started to use these cards so I am trying to feed off what feelings I get when I look into them..~~
Nitegoddess, this is what I try and do also. I think it is a perfect way of getting to know this deck your way and also an excellent way to opening up your intuition alot more, and I think other people's interpretations are just as important too and I always write them down, as other people pick up things that you don't and vice versa...:) Well... that's my opinion anyway;) and I just thought I would ...share....lol:D

BTW I am loving this study group and can't wait for more...more...more;)

edited to adjust spelling so adults can read it rather than 5 yr olds....... hello:confused:

Cheers
Kazz

lunakasha

[color=sky blue]Thank you, starsongs.....[/color]*blushing* :eek:

I really enjoyed this exercise...it helped me to really look closely at what the card is telling me. Learning to rely on my intuition rather than the book's definition is one of the hardest things I've ever done...at the same time, it is very confirming, and feels like a natural progression at this point of my tarot studies.

I look forward to the next card...which will start Sunday, I believe?

It is great to be able to share our thoughts here about this beautiful deck...thanks for the opportunity!

:D [color=sky blue]Luna[/color]

shandar

The ace of swords

The card shows a sword, held vertically against a backdrop of the island of St. Michael off Cornwall. It has four rays radiating from it; the sword itself forms the fifth ray.

The rays indicate power. The sword itself can cut to the heart of the matter, or to the quick, causing death and destruction, as with a lot of ideas and new ways of thinking or acting.

The island of St. Michael is separated from the mainland by a tenuous bit of ocean, like the intellect from the unconscious and the emotions.

The ace is very powerful, but can cut deep, if not handled correctly. I think it can also be heavy. I can’t imagine hefting a sword that may weigh 20-25 pounds.

Sometimes thinking can cause a weight, i.e., positive attributes, such as intellectualism, or negative attributes, such as paranoia or narcissism. Intellectualism can cut you off from the mainland of your fellows. Paranoia and narcissism can and act tp separate you from communal pursuits and the good a community can bring to us.

However, intellectualism and thought has brought us antibiotics, heart transplants, and the internet.

The sword cuts both (two) ways, and has to be approached with care.

Love this deck